QFC7 - A vantastic fleet

Toyhatsu Tammy BaseVan 1.5
All official UK market Toyhatsu are galvanized and come with complimentary ESP, and thus Invincible to rust and vehicle induced crashes. Standard equipment also includes Passive Park Distance Control/tow hook, roof rack, adjustable seats and mirrors, a 5-speed gearbox and a full 5 doors.

Um, more yellow

Toyhatsu - No Suprises. Get One, Get It Done.

6 Likes

2005 Mara Zora Kuryer Klassik 1.1 9V

When the second generation Mara Zora (or Zorya in its home country) replaced the first generation in the mid-1990s, Mara decided to keep the 1st generation’s van version in production due to ongoing demand in some key markets and the lack of a van body for the 1990s Eggs.

The 1st generation Zora dates back to the early 1980s and was Mara’s first transverse FWD car. Originally equipped with a 1.3 litre I4, the Zora Klassik now has the same engine as the 2nd generation Zora, Mara’s unique 1.1 litre 9V inline-3, the Triyka, which had just undergone its first refit since its debut.

To scrape by stay within regulations for new cars on sale, some parts of the Zora Klassik were also carefully modernised over time, with - at least outwardly - mixed results.

6 Likes

Hey this is question for anyone wondering, are resubmissions allowed?

Usually if it doesnt say so, then no.

Good that’s what I thought! good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah theres no resubmissions, I didn’t write that in as I assume it’s expected now.
I’ve already taken photos, written the reviews and ordered everything that came in till last night anyway

Wow you do all that! Exciting

Oryu Yatai: The goods for your services

5 Likes

Round closed 18 minutes ago

I just have to look at the 6 entries I got today while I’ve been at work and then it’ll all be ready to post.

2 Likes

Results

@RN99

Incredible engine and trim reliability. Utility and practicality at the top half of figures. Fuel eco and service costs a bit high though.

@oppositelock

The delivernator will definitely get your parcels delivered quickly. Manages this speed with good fuel economy and low service costs. Exhaust and brakes are a bit on the sporty side though.

@Lanson

Reliability for engine and trim is very competitive, fuel economy could be a lot better. Standard auto hurts things a lot here. One of the safest vehicles

@Hilbert

Manages to hang in the higher ends of the stats for a good price. Running somewhat high end tyres for a van, doesn’t hurt service costs too much though. Fuel economy good but could have been really amazing for very little extra cost.

@Fayeding_Spray

Middle of the road engine reliability, but trim is rather good. Fuel eco could be better, spefi doesn’t help. Comfort pretty low. Race brakes probably making the service costs higher than they could be.

@Edsel

It’s tiny, also really powerful for some reason. If you use that performance it may fall over. At least it won’t break down or rust.

@Ananas

Design doesn’t appear to have changed since the 1981 launch. Someone has swapped in a sports exhaust. Low reliability and high service costs. Great utility and fuel economy.

@ChemaTheMexican

Modern, very “french” design. Suspension type doesn’t match the van type too well, makes comfort pretty bad. Service costs very low, utility good, practicality quite low. Progressive springs would have doubled your load capacity here.Electric LSD probably overkill tbh too.

@Violent_Lobster

Seems too much of an offroader, fuel eco and service costs a bit eye-watering.Reliability and safety good middle of the pack scores

@ldub0775

Solid and attractive design. Very reliable engine, trim not so much. Fuel eco and service costs a bit high. Massively comfortable, probably too nice tbh. Very cheap, but will rust before your eyes.

@kobacrashi

A sports car surely. Sadly the interior is a bit stripped out to go with the rally car performance. Very cheap to run though, i just hope the alloys don’t get stolen.

@Vento

Absolutely gargantuan load capacity and utility. Sadly fuel usage and service costs are equally huge. Strangely huge wheels too with possibly metric tyres.

(also breaks the engine naming rule but as it seems this is your first challenge i’ll let it slide, i would just watch this next time you enter anything)

@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T

Great reliability and fuel eco. Utility and practicality mid/high, but this is also achieved at the third lowest price in the challenge with fairly low service costs too.

@AndiD

Crazily cheap to buy, and also to run.Low cost doesn’t mean low usability however. Not the most exciting design, but this little van will definitely get the job done with ease.

@Bbestdu28

high service costs and poor fuel economy mar the performance of this van. Comfort and driveability good, 8 track radio an odd choice in 2005

@DuceTheTruth100

Very futuristic front end design, rest of the van is more traditional. I assume the Axxus is based on a chassis cab design due to the light truck monocoque chassis. Fuel economy is terrifyingly high, service costs are certainly up there as well.

@LS_Swapped_Rx-7

Deja vu, very small modern looking van. Load capacity very high for the size, comfort pretty low because of the stiff springs to get this. Reliability in top 2/3rds, service costs and fuel eco very good.

@Ludvig

Toyhatsu must love circles with this design. Load capacity a bit low for the size of van. Second lowest service costs, fuel usage good for the size of vehicle too.

@SheikhMansour

Engine reliability middling, trim good though. The fuel eco isn’t too bad but the service costs are a bit higher than wanted really. Safety is second highest and practicality is one of the highest too.

Top five
  1. @Ludvig
  2. @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
  3. @LS_Swapped_Rx-7
  4. @RN99
  5. @AndiD
16 Likes

Thanks for that review. I didnt know what type of chassis to pick, I figured that would be best for the payload aspect. What position did my van come in at?

Wow, you did great photos! I’m so happy, my van looks great :slight_smile: I tried a lot of styling but I ended up not keeping most of it and I think how simple my van is makes it look super cool!.
I was kind of surprised about the huge fuel costs though, I thought my MPG was pretty high.
Btw what does ‘possibly metric tyres’ mean?

Also I totally thought by model and family name you meant the family and model of the car, not the engine haha.

I’m really interested to see the stats of the other competitors. I have no clue what the stats could be!!
Great job everyone! I think all the vans look very cool!

4 Likes

Modern real world passenger car tire widths always end in a 5, e.g. 205/55/16. If you used, say, a 200/55/16 you basically have a tire size that doesn’t actually exist in the real world, and some hosts are ultimate sticklers for realism. Weird old tires like the Michelin TRX or race car slicks sometimes end in a zero, however, which I guess is why Automation still allows it.

4 Likes

Oh haha I don’t know much about tires so I didn’t know that haha. I just moved the tire width until I got the most drivability points.

Can you elaborate this a bit?

2 Likes

Your van got fuel economy of 5.3l/100km and cost 18400. If you added low friction cast pistons you would go to 4.8l/100km and only cost $200 more.
If you swapped the medium tyres out for a more suitable hard long life you would have spent nothing more but got the economy to 4.5l/100km and the service costs would have gone down to $618 from $635, which is still on the higher side but better

4 Likes

How are you getting such low service costs and high fuel efficiency! I thought I was doing super good at 30 mpg and 750$ service costs!!

Normally it’s small engine and no double wishbones for service costs and lowering the cams into the ground for fuel economy. I did notice your van is quite different to the others, i.e. it might be bigger and heavier, hence the fuel economy issues.

(Also note that Automation economy figures are quite optimistic)

Ah crap, that was my mistake, using high profile 4.2 utility tires instead of hard long life which is better for economy and service costs. I figured my low drivability would come back to bite me like last round, but it seems it wasn’t a problem. And yeah I did use every trick in the book to get my final trim reliability up to 80. Bit surprising that my 36 US mpg wasn’t enough, though I suppose it comes along with the perks of using a larger body and an engine seemingly straight out of the early 90s with the hp/L to match.

If I may ask, how close was I to a realism bin with my rather unconventional engineering choices? Namely my decision to use a small five cylinder engine with SOHC 2V valvetrain, when in conjunction with an American looking body (which I tried and failed to style more like a Mercedes Vito), rear wheel drive, and rear leaf springs; might not be what European buyers are looking for, and might be a combination that isn’t realistic.

I will still absolutely take a finish just outside the podium! Excellent review and writeup!

Wait what I won again?
Gonna have to pass on hosting to @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
due to a) “enjoying” a fever b) upcoming travel

This should explain why it look and mechanic like it looks