QFC8 - Bubble

After witnessing people getting feedbacks, can I get a short one too please? Despite playing the game 1000+ hrs I still don’t know what affects what in terms of stats (reliablity, economy etc.)

There’s nothing stopping you from doing full reviews! It’s outside the round competetition so that’s not against the rules?

I’m glad I got such a high comfort, reliability, and drivability rating with such a low cost!! I wonder why the Hydrofission is the heaviest car, I don’t think I put many heavy feature in there! I did super well I think :slight_smile:

4 Likes

wtf i actually won??? well than i guess i better get to making my round then

3 Likes

I think the reviews were good - though some sort of leniency or extension to the review style would be warranted just so you can get your basic reasoning in there. Can I get some of that informal feedback you’re giving on my car, too?

Did I miss some tax/VAT rule? The spreadsheet has the Swanson priced at 38.000, while in my game it’s 31.400.
(Not trying to whine my way into the top 5, it’s clearly not on their level of luxury - and I take it “positively futuristic” isn’t entirely…positive in context)
Also:

He paid for the car with some change that he had beaten out of a drunkard that attacked him yesterday

Is clearly the most dignified way possible to buy a car, I wonder what kind of business card Takeshi carries :smiley:
Good round - about the 140-limit, at least you didn’t break the simplest simplification rule like I did…

It appears that I have entered the wrong prices into the spreadsheet. Your car is supposed to be 31400 while Tsundere’s car should have been 38000, my bad. And as for the “positively futuristic” comment, it really was written in a positive light. It caught my eye during CSR148 and again this round but well, I thought that it was 38k so it didn’t make it to the finals. The “positively” part is just there to make the review feel less empty.

I honestly don’t know much about turbo tuning, but since your engine runs rich on a somewhat sporty cam profile and runs on 93 instead of the available 95 RON, your car isn’t as powerful and efficient as it could otherwise be. It doesn’t help that it is AWD, which harms reliability and economy even more.

As for tyres, although TRX tyres (tyre sizes ending with “0”) were somewhat realistic for this era, they were uncommon and eventually became obselete by the 2000s. Using TRX tyres would usually result in a realism bin which is why I’d advise against using TRX tyres unless you knew what you’re doing.

Engineering-wise it is solid, no faults that I could really find. The interior looks great, right up there with Aruna’s. The exterior design is alright but the paint is too dull imo, and it kinda makes the rest of the car look dull too.

2 Likes

Are you going to do more reviews for every car?? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seconded, it really is a shame that there is a 140 character limit in the comp’s rule!

Maybe the next host can try something like

++ comfort, front end style, power
— 2nd thirstiest, dull rear, service costs
! unique body style

Sometimes sentences are overrated…

Well then, maybe we should discuss increasing that limit - as I agree that the current super short reviews can feel incomplete, but also think that getting rid of it could quickly spiral this challenge into another CSR-alike, which it was specifically made to not be (and I really like that!). This is a sort of a balance of engagement - it should still be quick and “lightweight”, yet also informative and interesting to read.

3 Likes

If I understand correctly, the original 140-character limit was derived from Twitter’s original character limit. Twitter has since doubled their limit to 280 characters; maybe that limit can give hosts the extra breathing room they need, while still keeping reviews short enough to fit the challenge’s spirit?

5 Likes

Maybe the 280 character to help, and perhaps an informal exception of a few characters (10-20?) if needed?

And good, bad, or otherwise I didn’t adhere to the limit with my QFC I hosted. Instead I kept it simple and highly objective. I actually don’t know if everyone liked that style better or not, but it was worth exploring. That said I think the spirit of the QFC idea is more important. It’s not about backstory and plot, it’s about our creations against the criteria.

5 Likes

How was the suspension setup? Im asking because I actually TRIED with this car to make a good setup.

2 Likes

Only if you ask for one because frankly writing reviews can be tiring. This is why reviews for other can take a long time to complete. Given the constraints here though, reviews can come out faster though I do end up feeling burned out all the same.

It’s actually quite good. It’s a bit on the soft side (since it’s a luxury boat after all) yet body roll isn’t as high as I expected it to be thanks to the stiffer sway bars.

1 Like

What was wrong with the Hydrofissssion :frowning: I think it looks really cool! When I thought of ‘luxury sedan’ the design was the first thing I thought of.

Thanks for a good challange. I actually didn’t know about TRX tires, but now i do :wink:

1 Like

The design is good, but it’s about 15 years out of date. It kinda reminds me of the 450SEL 6.9, and that was released in 1975. Keep in mind that this challenge is set in 1988

4 Likes

What makes a car out of date? As time passes the look of the car doesn’t change, or is that, did better looking cars release? That is quite the conundrum.

Visual styles change. Some things become outdated in the public eye, new things become fashionable. Also, between the 1960s and 1980s automotive aerodynamics became much more important.

3 Likes