QFC8 - Bubble

Here we have two cars sharing the same basic bodyshell:

One of them is from the launch year, 1967. The other one is from the same year as this challenge, 1988. I think that it is quite obvious which one that is which, without me explaining it. Compare details to each other and reflect over what has changed that makes the 1988 model so much more modern looking. I think that it is honestly a pretty good example one can use of how car styling evolved in those days, since it is changes that made an ancient design up to date and where you can compare details directly to each other.

6 Likes

Another reason is that you chose a much older body that is available far sooner - 1965 to be exact. It looks far less aerodynamic than, say, the E90 Corolla-esque body that unlocks a full 15 years later.

1 Like

The body I chose was dated from the start, but I did try to inject some “90’s” into it. Your body on the other hand was a whole generation BEFORE the one i chose, which looks very old…beautiful, but old. Not saying it CANT work, as was said earlier but yea.

@GassTiresandOil did the Durendal Havana on that body IIRC and that’s a prime example of how it can be used for a fairly “modern” car.

2 Likes

That car looks so damn nice!! Man!!!

2 Likes

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T How did you get all the stats onto the spreadsheet?