Quick-Fire Challenge

AH FUCK THE SCOTTISH ARE HERE

1998 Meridian Umbra T-Type
HOLY SHIT 996 HATCHBACK WTF

Starting out in life as the simple Umbra 1600, the T-Type had a modified 2.2 litre racing B6 jammed into the front, and featured a RWD drivetrain (though AWD was an option) and a 6 speed manual.

Due to the almost dead-on 50/50 weight balance the T-Type was very favourable for the track, and with some 200-odd BHP it wasn’t sluggish either. It was also definitely not a convertible. Definitely not.

mfw you upload the same image twice

10 Likes

hell yeah, hot hatch supremacy

1998 ARMOR SUNBURST GS

221 horsepower, 2537 pounds, and $29,100. I tried to turbo it and ended up with a monster… but it actually negatively affected some important stats. So it’s just the GS version (not the GTS)… still really quick.

5 Likes

This is one of the most visually appealing builds based on any of the '83 Bean body sets (all of which resemble an NA MX-5) I’ve ever seen - yours looks like it’s built on the smallest version, with a ~2.3m wheelbase.

1 Like

Thank you! I never noticed the Bean body until this challenge, I’m officially a fan. Really works well with my minimalist design style.

Well, I think it was just added during the last big patch, wasn’t it?

I only discovered the Bean bodies recently - I suspect they were added in 4.13.

It was added in the patch that came out in the last couple of weeks

I am feeling not great so I’ll just stick this up

Zephorus M1

Hahah funny prototype within price
Yes
Inline 4 turbo 220hp mid engine rwd 6spd manual
Fun

17 Likes

Real racecars don’t need reverse gears >:)

Then again, I’m not sure if there are any 3D interior fixtures right now that accurately represent a gated six-speed manual shifter, complete with a seventh gate for reverse.

3 Likes

Verdana Venture Ink Inc Power Mano Stry II Modernization II

I will describe some important parameters:

Acceleration to 62 mph – 5.11 seconds.
Max Speed – 209 kmph /130 mph
Weight – 1312kgs/ 2894 lbs

Tires – 215/50 R15 and 215/50 R16 (8.46/50 R15 |8.46/50 R16 (22.6/24.4 inch) Medium Compound

Engine: V6 90 degrees DOHC 4.24 litres/259 ci
Redline: 6200 rpms.
Power: 334 hp @ 6200
Torque: flat 408 nm at 5400/ 300 lb-ft
Fuel Economy: 14.3 litres/ 16.45 mpg
Inspiration: Atmospheric pressure with multipoint injection

more info here

1 Like

Do entries have to be stock?

Disappointed the world didn’t end with Y2K and need something to do with your stash? For under $34k you can own the latest drop top to give the MX–5 nightmares! Introducing flat four powered Ibis Anodus!

5 Likes

The Yinzer MR-Squared. Like a pro football lineman, heavy, but surprisingly nimble. 450 HP 4 liter I4 turbo. 200MPH on the open road, with a sub 13 second quarter mile. Comes with a CD player.

2 Likes

I could not get that body under 3k lbs, how did you fare?

Awful, but it got another 10 or so safety with a steel unibody instead of fiberglass over a hand built. 3500+ lbs.

Yeah… that sounds familiar. Looks good though!

2 Likes

Exactly. My initial reaction to it was one of revulsion.

An I4 of that size would need balance shafts to be viable. It also partially explains why it weighs so much - 3500 pounds isn’t exactly light, is it?

I agree on Kalan’s entry but I don’t want to be rude. If we just judge objectively, yes it is not well done.

I have learned a lot in a short time, I will help if you want assistance. Language barrier be damned. There are gurus here that may also help, you can consider me a low ladder rung to climb over to get better.

Offer stands anytime.