Quick-Fire Challenge

2000 Compak Speedster

If you give me a $40,000 budget, I’ll use 98.5% of it, and end up with a $39,400 mid engine thing. 1.7L NA Inline 4 mounded mid-transverse. 6 speed Manual, 104.3kw, and 1132kg (damn you convertible weights)

Enjoy :smile:

8 Likes

1995 AMS Shadowcrow 3.0

160 mph and 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, courtesy of 240 bhp from a 3.0L naturally aspirated I6, wrapped up in a sleek 2-door coupe body. Yours for $33k.

(OOC: This was an adaptation of the Shadowclaw I posted earlier, albeit decontented to fit within the budget constraints and theme of this round.)

8 Likes

1999 Reduit WK-99

185mph... that is all...

8 Likes

Kei plates? :D

185 mph in a car limited to 87… how?? O.O

3 Likes

O-kei then.

3 Likes

Oof, that sucks mate. Do you not have time to remake it?

Niata by Mons Customs

:baby_chick: Third time’s a charm: the Niata by Mons Customs. Re-tuned for QFC. 1.8L of zoomies. Quick around the track. Even has some comfort. Go Drive! :baby_chick:

10 Likes
1997 Cabrillo Raphale GTR

15 Likes

1996 Knightwick Pulse

For 1995 the facelifted Pulse was offered with a 2.0 V6 engine which has similar power to the 1.8 turbo with lower weight over the front axle and improved throttle response.

The “S” model has lightweight sports seats, larger brakes and stiffened suspension.

12 Likes

Maybe, but I feel that I have zero inspiration to do a half-assed remake now just for the sake of a challenge. Maybe in the future…

Model year 2000 Shima Camille powered by a 2.0 liter turbocharged inline 4 engine producing 220 horsepower and 270 Nm of torque. Weight of just 1195 kg and double wishbone suspension all around means superb handling and a sprint from 0 to 100 in only 5.6 seconds. Four piston brakes make you stop even faster. Comes with back seats for when it’s track day time but the wife wants you to watch the kids.

8 Likes

I admire the dedication to get something out of this car

3 Likes

Here is the stat-tracker thread, any QFC challenge competitors that want their vehicle stats entered into the database, I’m doing a load of them tonight. Just DM me the stats or the .car file and I’ll load em up, and have them ready for research and comparison functions within a few hours. Thanks!

2 Likes

This is the 2000 Wells Motor Sports (WMS) RAYZR. Being the predecessor to the Wells K1, the RAYZR set the bar. Being able to auto-cross on the week ends and drive to work on the weekdays was a viable thing with the RAYZR. WMS seen the market for cheap, fun, no frills sports cars. The RAYZR fit the bill with an all aluminum n/a 2.2L inline DOHC 4cyl producing 170hp. The needle on the tach goes all the way up to 8K, which is quite exhilarating in a vehicle like this. While being a speed demon the RAYZR is not, being a corner carver it most definitely is, hence the name…and the 1.10g cornering rating. From the track to work and back…RAYZR

$37,600

8 Likes

Those are formidable specs indeed. For reference, my entry is running a 3.0L NA I6 (with an aluminum block and heads, plus VVT) developing 240 bhp and has a multilink rear end - but no rear seats. I also went with a 6-speed manual and geared LSD for sportiness’ sake, but my car weighs the same as yours despite being five years older.

Also, I chose the smallest of the S15 body sets (2.42m wheelbase) for my entry - a weight-saving measure for sure, but the result doesn’t lend itself as well to the fitment of rear seats (especially full-sized ones) as the larger body sets do, in my opinion - hence my decision to send in a pure 2-seater.

I took “inspiration” from the s15 both in styling (I lack any sort of imagination) and engine, which I made from aluminium, not iron like they used because aluminium is actually cheaper in automation. And it has +2 back seats, all the stats would have been higher without them but I have them anyway. I don’t know what I did to make it lighter if it’s bigger and newer and still weighs the same, I used partial alu panels and price is just below 36k so maybe I used quality more (i4 is cheap)

Mine is “what if a 90’s 300zx and Dodge Stealth had a baby and then went on a diet”. And to that end, I’m happy. This car tears up smaller tracks, until the brakes fade (because no carbon brakes).

so essentially a mitsubishi 3KGTO?

Well that’s the same as the Stealth. I added cues from the 300zx like the headlights (BTW fun fact, the Diablo used the same lights under license.) And then I shaved hundreds of pounds off those porkers. My Osprey weighs about the same as my 91 240 hatch did, which is why I’m happy about the results I got. So many other bodies ended up over 3000 lbs just with normal efforts, no matter the wheelbase. Very interesting. Even the new mod body puts the car near 3200lbs similarly equipped. That body is based on a car that weighs 2100lbs IRL. Again, very interesting.

1998 Tobuhai Urbano R-Spec
'Agility at its Finest.'

It has a 1.6*L I4 that produces around 170 horses all powering the front wheels, packed in a lightweight car; it has a 0-62 time of 6.7 seconds,

a Limited slip differential helps you manage power, whilst still being comfortable and light.

‘’[…] its a statement that FWD can be fun if done right.’’ - Tobuhai’s Chief Executive Yasuo Ito said during an interview.

It can be yours for the price of $28,700, cheap, light, and sporty…

a.k.a. When you're looking for an ek9 civic and end up finding this... thing.
12 Likes