Sports/Supercar Design Thread

New project…e-Cayman/Taycan inspired

6 Likes

The C40 brings to mind an SLS from the front, with a tail end reminiscent of a contemporary Aston Vantage. This latest build of yours, however, draws inspiration not just from the Taycan, but also the P1 (specifically, the shape of the front hood vents). As for the C60… It’s a surprisingly convincing blend of 720S styling cues on the outside and the heart of a 911 GT3, although the use of a single large side vent and prominent rear wing recalls the Gallardo Superleggera. At any rate, you have shown us that your first two builds based on the '09 Mako body set are absolute masterpieces of exterior design.

1 Like

This is definitely my favourite body to build on in 4.27 (despite me still not particularly liking this version of the game) but I definitely am satisfied with most of my products thus far despite this. I appreciate the positive words! As for the C60, I definitely see the resemblance to thr Superleggera more than anything else, even at the front where McLaren & Porsche cues are definitely present

2 Likes

I’d love to race a couple of mine in a GT3 type competition but don’t have the time to host one sadly

2 Likes

The 1962 Welsh 1500 a two seats premium light sport coupè with car body made by Abbott

3 Likes

This is the Wolfram Wanderer, a small British roadster from the 1950s. Below is the original 2.5-liter version with 100 bhp, and at the bottom is the later 2.8-liter version with 120 bhp.

Next is something I cooked up in my spare time - the Shadowclaw, a small and light 2-seat sports coupe from 1994 powered by a 300-bhp 4.4-liter V8 driving the rear wheels via a 5-speed manual gearbox. It tops out at 172 mph and can get from 0 to 60 in just 5.0 seconds, aided by a curb weight of just 1.275 metric tons.

And here is what it looks like from inside. (I updated the interior to include speakers and changed the wing mirrors to a sleeker shape.)

Overall, I was quite satisfied with this build, especially since this is the first one I made using the S15 body set (now updated for 4.2) with a fully detailed interior.

3 Likes

1994 Avion Fretta
140HP B4
RWD

7 Likes

Here’s an adaptation of the Shadowclaw - the 1995 AMS Shadowcrow.

3.0L all-aluminum atmo I6, 240bhp (on 91 RON regular unleaded!), RWD, 6-speed manual w/geared LSD, independent suspension all around (dual wishbones up front, multilink rear), in a compact, lightweight package (2.42m wheelbase) - all for just $33k.

(OOC: I created this for the Quick-Fire Challenge by downgrading to a galvanized steel chassis and standard interior/cassette stereo, among other changes.)

4 Likes

Our cars share the same body and wheelbase, but different philosophies.

Standard Shadowcrow not man enough for you? Try the 280bhp, 1135kg Lightweight.

With its sports interior, 17in forged magnesium wheels (which saves 60kg), high-flow exhaust (for a 40bhp gain), aggressive aero, and stiffer suspension setup (for sharper cornering), it’s a serious track-ready beast built with the weekend racer in mind.

(OOC: The idea of creating a competition-optimized version of the Shadowcrow only came about after I realized it would be a great race car base. The standard car’s engine reminds me of that found in the contemporary US-spec E36 M3, but it’s much more effective in a lighter, smaller car such as mine.)

Update (May 3rd 2022): There’s now an entry-level version as well!

The base model (shown here with optional aero kit) is powered by a 2.5-liter I6 developing 170 bhp mated to a viscous LSD and a 5-speed manual gearbox (4-speed automatic optional) - good for 0-60 mph in 7 seconds and a top speed of 140 mph, all for just $28k (and in a car weighing just 1160kg). But if you want a bit more oomph without having to stretch to the 3.0…

…then try the 2.8. Powered by a 200-bhp 2.8L I6 and riding on 15in alloy wheels shod in 205-section tires all around (as opposed to the 3.0’s staggered 16in items, or the 195-section tread of the 2.5), it shares most of its hardware with its faster brethren, but costs less, coming in at just under $30k, even with the optional Performance Package that adds a 6-speed manual transmission, stiffer suspension (compared to the 2.5) and a geared LSD.

It also weighs less than the 3.0 (but slightly more than the 2.5 - 15kg to be exact), though not by much, coming in at 1175kg compared to the 3.0’s 1195kg. As for the 3.0, it can be ordered with a Touring package which includes a premium interior and CD player, bumping up its weight to 1210kg (and increasing the sticker price by around $2k).

Here’s the entire lineup:

4 Likes

VTR Tempera II.
2.8L inline 5, turbo, 7-speed DCT, AWD, 502 hp and 573 Nm of torque. 0-100 kph in 4.1 seconds and top speed of 312 kph (195 mph).

VTR Severo III.
5.0L twin turbo V8, 7-speed DCT, RWD, 614 hp and 751 Nm of torque. 0-100 kph in 3.6 seconds and top speed of 329 kph (205 mph).

5 Likes

The 2005 C40. Not styled to look like a DB7

7 Likes

2017 Astoria Marathon Sport

8 Likes

1995 Avion Vulkan Turbo
1.8 B4 Turbo
200HP RWD

6 Likes

The Vulkan is more or less a direct rival to my Shadowcrow line - both are built on the same body set ('88 S15 body, with at least the former having a 2.42m wheelbase), but mine is running a naturally aspirated I6 compared to your flat-four, which is turbocharged in some trims. The Shadowcrow is also a 2-seater by default - I suspect the Vulkan is a 2+2. I also went for a multi-link rear end - what about you? At any rate, however, both our cars have a double-wishbone front suspension, given that the S15 body sets can’t be fitted with front struts due to their low bonnet lines.

2 Likes

It’s also a two-seater. Didn’t see the point in cramming any sears bach there. This makes the boot quite large. The rear id DWB also. Price points are a priority so not everything is fancy. I almost went with a two litre natural B4, but it was cheaper and more powerful to mod the existing engine with a turbo. :sunglasses::ok_hand:
Would love to drive your car and mine in BeamNG to compare the feel

2 Likes

I’ve spotted my Vulkan Turbo today.
Never knew what happened to it…
I wonder if it could be salvaged?

8 Likes

Was it stolen or something?

2 Likes

We sold it in 1998 after purchasing a family car.
The car seems to be stripped out, and parts have been swapped under the hood. Looks to have been a junkyard car…
(I smell a challenge coming) :smiley:

4 Likes

I have another theory: it was used as a race car and later abandoned when it reached the end of its lifespan - but now it’s ripe for restoration.

1 Like