Race of the Century - A Le Mans Challenge [RESULTS RELEASED]

LAST CALL

@the-chowi & @FrederikLenius have successfully appealed their bins and I’ve updated the instabins post accordingly.

I am now (finally) working on the poll which should be out tomorrow night if all goes well, so if you were binned but you think you deserve to be in it, then the clock is ticking! Beware, there are different measurements for GT and LMH, so don’t get mixed up :wink:

7 Likes

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

JUDGING POLL RELEASED!

VOTE VOTE VOTE!

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I’ll keep this open for a week, so 20/6 will be the last day to vote.

13 Likes

After the bins, we’re left with 8 and 9 cars in GTE and LMH, respectively - or is it the other way around? Anyway, back in the 1990s, this would have been enough for an arcade, PC, or home console game themed around Le Mans (and/or whatever series these cars’ equivalents were also entered in - between the collapse of the World Sportscar Championship in 1992 and the establishment of the World Endurance Championship in 2010, there were no unified global championships for prototype racers, and it would not be until 2011 that the WEC, then known as the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup, finally added the 24 Hours of Le Mans to its schedule, with the race not being part of any series whatsoever during the intervening years, instead being a one-off stand-alone event).

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, do you have the confidence to get a high ranking? I think the LMDH first place has already been decided.

LAST DAY TO VOTE!

21 people have already given their judgments, but the more the merrier!

7 Likes

RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS

OVERALL PODIUM

FIRST PLACE :1st_place_medal:

@Portalkat42’s Midlands Astraea GT3

38.34 points

SECOND PLACE :2nd_place_medal:

@the-chowi’s Calypso Sombra GT3

37.25 points

THIRD PLACE :3rd_place_medal:

@Tyhikastija’s Ökul S99 NHMS LM

34.97 points

LMH PODIUM

@Tyhikastija’s Ökul S99 NHMS LM

34.97 points

@Oreology’s Viettor Vurai

34.09 points

@TanksAreTryhards’ AutoDelta Nuvolari LMH

33.85 points

GT PODIUM

@Portalkat42’s Midlands Astraea GT3

38.34 points

@the-chowi’s Calypso Sombra GT3

37.25 points

@donutsnail’s Turból jv8 GT3 Evo2020

27.88 points

COMPLETE RANKING AND SPREADSHEET
  1. @Portalkat42 - Midlands Astraea GT3
  2. @the-chowi - Calypso Sombra GT3
  3. @Tyhikastija - Ökul S99 NHMS LM
  4. @Oreology - Viettor Vurai
  5. @TanksAreTryhards - AutoDelta Nuvolari LMH
  6. @donutsnail - Turból jv8 GT3 Evo2020
  7. @FrederikLenius - Lenius Faro GTE
  8. @Prium - Capital Cardinal GTS-LM
  9. @DrDoomD1scord - Tio Casuario LMH
  10. @KSIolajidebt - Kings Huntsman GT3
  11. @randomtuner - Hosher Machete GT3
  12. @Kitami - Leisurely GSX VI
  13. @04mmar - Nerruci 223P LMH
  14. @Le_cacatoes - Plume Moteurs P670 LMH

NOTE: The responses in the spreadsheet have been anonymised so they are not necessarily in any order.

ROC - Google Sheets

A well-deserved congratulations to all the podium finishers and a big thank you to everyone for participating, whether you entered, voted, or both. I wasn’t sure if such an event would be successful, but I think it went quite well even with some hiccups along the way.

I’m planning to run more rounds of this challenge in the future with different themes, so do let me know what you’d like to see next and what I can improve on for the future.

But that's for another time. ROC still isn't done yet...

Just like the AGC23 finale, I’m going to write up an in-universe article (or maybe two) for ROC.

However, since exams are coming up for me, don’t expect it to be coming so soon. Most likely in a month or so.

In the meantime, I need some additional info for fleshing out the lore. Podium finishers, please send me the:

• Full team name
  • Full driver lineup with names and nationalities
  • Any additional lore you’d like to add regarding race operations, company/team history at Le Mans, etc.

The rest can decide how you ended up in your finishing place. Did your driver make a costly mistake and spin out whilst they were in a good position? Did they make contact with another competitor? Or was the car stricken by mechanical failure, necessitating several laps spent fixing it in the garage? You decide (if you wanna be included).

See you in the next one.

24 Likes

What? The top LMH got beaten by two GTE cars? And the overall winner was a rear-engined beast based on the mid-sized '88 Indicator body set (2.75m wheelbase)??? This reminds me of the real life Le Mans '95 where a McLaren F1 GTR won overall as well as clinching top honors in GT1, ahead of the more fancied prototypes! Anyway, congratulations to all the class and overall podium finishers (and especially the class winners) - it was incredibly close at the top, with the top two being separated by a little over one point.

And I can’t wait to see the flavor text that accompanies the podium finishers’ final results - it’s bound to be as entertaining as the challenge itself, that’s for sure!

2 Likes

NICE!
Never expected to place so high.
What an amazing challenge, great premise, amazing write-ups and great designs from everyone!
Obvs congrats to the winner for such a creative and detailed design.

6 Likes

very epic

3 Likes

PortalKat’s GT 1st place in 2/3 category’s? Okay so I’ll put Furry Itasha on all my challenge cars ig.
Nah but GG’s everyone!

4 Likes

I thought it was a woman :skull_and_crossbones: :skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull:

….

It’s not?? :fearful:

It never was :sob:

Nope. Both of you got played by a Bara Furry livery. X3

8 Likes

7 Likes

there’s really someone who critisized lmh for looking similar? like, what did you expected ?

6 Likes

2 Likes

It was built on the 2.85 m version of that body and the wheelbase stretched up to 2.9 iirc. Full sized car level of interior space and decent frunk luggage space while maintaining a midsize footprint.

3 Likes

Something a little more creative, perhaps.

4 Likes

damnit, i was looking for something like this, but it has expired.

any chance we get another edition?