Race of the Century - A Le Mans Challenge [RESULTS RELEASED]

yep, that’s correct

2 Likes

Peregrine Motors Headquarters
Daytona Beach, Florida
12:36 PM, 8th February 2023

In a press event held today at their Daytona Beach headquarters, Peregrine Motors signaled their intent to enter their Peregrine VTS GT3 in the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans.

“We’re excited for this opportunity,” said VTS GT3 engine designer Janet Saginaw. “In a way, it feels like this is a culmination for many of us. A lot of us have dreamed of the moment we’d get to design a car that ran at Le Mans, and that moment is finally here. It’s a great feeling.”

The announcement comes amid what multiple sources have deemed a highly successful debut season for the VTS GT3 in global competition. A fifth-place and a seventh-place finish in January’s 24 Hours of Daytona was swiftly followed up by a string of podium finishes both at home in the United States and in Europe, with the VTS also earning a pair of victories stateside.

According to the team, the differences between the VTS GT3’s standard version and its Le Mans-specific counterpart are minor, with the largest being the tires. In accordance with ACO rules, the VTS’ rims and tires had to be shrunk down and slightly readjusted, which dropped the car below minimum weight. The team sensed an opportunity and added the weight back in the form of ballast, which can be repositioned to alter the car’s handling.

When asked what to expect in the grueling 24-hour race in June, project lead Tom Salznik seemed optimistic. “Well we can’t say for sure, obviously; we’re not sages. But judging by how things are going so far this year, I’d say there’s a good chance we’ll finish pretty high up. The car’s fast for sure, and it’s reliable enough to run 24 hours, but Le Mans is unpredictable. We’ll see.”

The team also offered a few promotional images:

Our Le Mans coverage begins June 3rd. Stay tuned to the official Peregrine newsletter for more.

2 Likes

Feedback 3

@chiefzach2018 went MIA :fearful:

Jokes aside, I think he’s got higher priorities than a challenge for an Austro-German dealership management game, so I’m trying to pick up whatever I can before the rapidly-approaching deadline. Thanks to @SpeedyBoi for the help on this one.

2023 Vermillion AV-X/R

@BannedByAndroid

Ah, we’re familiar with the Vermillion brand from the LMH challenge, where we remarked that their prospective Hypercar entry was too GT-like to be considered a proper hypercar.

Well, we’re glad to see them make a proper entry into the GT class this time around with the AV-X/R… is this some kind of TV connector?

Nope, this looks like a pretty bog-standard mid-engined GT. The front aero setup looks decent, but why are there are two distinct splitter elements stacked on top of each other like that? Also, those canards should probably be rearranged for maximum efficiency.

The switch to yellow lights is a nice touch, but proper endurance racers require a lot more lighting than the stock headlight units. A lot more.

The side profile is the most lackluster area, where it really looks like more of a GT4 than a GT3. Those overfenders do a basic job at covering a wider track width, but they could be so much more.

Around the rear, the wing is decent, but the diffuser needs to be a lot more aggressive. Also what’s the plate at the bottom for? Looks like a surefire way to block crucial downforce-generating airflow. Sticking with the Frikadelli Ferrari as an example:

That exhaust placement also looks suspiciously close to a blown wing setup…

Livery-wise, it’s nothing remarkable. Perhaps it could use some additional elements to break up the basic colour blocking and give a more exciting look. It could definitely use some cleanup though.

image image image

TL;DR: Certainly one of the GTs of all time, but not exactly enough for a GT3.

2020 Lenius Faro GTE

@FrederikLenius

I’ve never competed in a challenge on the forums, so I hope I’m doing this right.

We’re honoured that this is your first ever forums challenge!

We’re no strangers to some of your Automation creations, as we’ve seen them around in the discord and in other side servers, and many of them are quite impressive.

This one is no exception, as right off the bat, this is looking like one of the best.

On first glance, this is one great looking FR GT racing machine. I’m not 100% convinced with the base car design, especially in terms of the light design, but the race conversion more than makes up for it.

From the racing air dam with the front intake, to the side skirts, to the rear, it is undoubtedly a GTE race car. The attention to detail is also quite impressive with air jack ports, covers for the extra driving lights up front, and even escape hatches on the roof.

If we had to nitpick though, aside from the base car design, you could use a different fixture for the front fender vents as the Super GT kit is very old at this point. It’s not a bad fixture by any means, but its boxy shape isn’t the best fit as it sticks out awkwardly from the fender. Perhaps one of the newer Racekit mod fenders could work better here.

The livery is definitely a highlight. It’s relatively simple, just a black and silver colour block base, but the execution with those teardrop shapes following the airflow along the body is a unique touch I’ve never seen before. The sponsor stickers and colour schemes are all in synergy too with realistic placements and hierarchies. It all makes for an iconic livery that I think would be a fan favorite if it’s a real life design.

TL;DR: Aside from a few nitpicks, you’re definitely doing this right.

2023 Calypso Sombra GTE

@the-chowi

After the first round of feedback, chowi is back for more, looking to enter two cars into the GT category.

Honestly, we think this is gonna have a better chance than the FMW. Just like the Lenius, it’s a great looking FR GT. It has the right levels of aggression with the huge fender extensions and a suitably sized rear wing. I love the sharp lines of the base design as well.

The triple canard setup is an odd choice, perhaps two larger ones would work better? Also, they would probably function better if they weren’t just flat planes.

I’m a fan of that side exhaust positioning, but the front fenders could definitely be opened up some more so that air escaping isn’t just restricted to that tiny hole up top.

For example, I’d follow the Vantage GT3 and trim off some of that extra bodywork just ahead of the exhaust. That should clean up the airflow down there as well.

I don’t really have any other criticisms, so just a couple minor nitpicks:

Not sure if this is just the lighting in the picture, but those position marker lights should be green. And for a 2023 car, a manufacturer would realistically build it to GT3 spec since GTE is on it’s way out at this point.

TL;DR: This is definitely on the right path, just a few issues to iron out and it could be a winner.

feedback so nice you wanted it twice

Let’s see, what else did we get from chowi?

Well first of all, a front engine setup is an interesting choice for a Hypercar, and certainly adds some uniqueness to the build.

The design doesn’t exactly blow us away though. What’s with those tiny mirrors?

The design doesn’t really bring any unique shaping on top of what’s laid out by the base body. The overall execution is adequate, but the big blocky diffuser and the less than functional rear wing shape (the center section should be raised instead of lowered to compensate for the greenhouse being in the way) bring an underdetailed and almost toy car like feel to this car.

Also this unfortunate resemblance doesn’t really help…

image image

…aside from that, the livery also contributes quite a bit to the overall underdetailed feel.

The overall idea is workable, but we’ve definitely seen better implementations of the Gulf livery. The livery as-is looks, well, quite underfinished. We can’t really find a pattern from all the randomly placed color blocks, and the big sponsor stickers look very tacked on.

TL;DR: It’s a novel idea. Keep at it, but it still needs work to be truly great.

2023 Platinum Centuritron LMH

@Rise_Comics

Hope it does fit the regulations.

If that info block reads “Width: 2.2?m” like I think it does, I regret to inform you it does not. In fact, it exceeds the width restriction for all three categories, let alone LMH.

Even looking past that major blunder, the mishmash-of-fixtures design philosophy, truck mirrors, and discontinuous livery design means it’s unlikely to be a winner anyways.

That exhaust placement is a bit suspect, not to mention the diffuser is getting zero airflow.

Props for making some custom sponsors though.

TL;DR: This car may be a Platinum, but as-is, it’s nothing more than pyrite.

The feedback deadline is now over, so if you wanna make an official entry submission, please follow the instructions in the OP and be aware of the deadline:

June 5, 2023, Anywhere on Earth

Though, if I take too long on these once again or there is enough demand for an extension, I am willing to extend it by a few days. Anyways, see you in the next one.

9 Likes

Very nice feedback round! Great entry’s so far

Thank you very much for the nice feedback.
I would not mind if you extended the deadline a couple of days. Automation glitched out and deleted my car somehow, so i have to recreate it from a very old version. I have a couple exams before the deadline, so I have very little time to do this.

2 Likes

Lmao yes.
I figured that since there was quite some time from challenge start to deadline, I’d go to town.
Nice feedback round tho!

2 Likes

You skipped my car :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I skipped a bunch of people, they’ll be getting reviews in the next few posts :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I didn’t get anything from you before feedback submissions closed.

A few others have also been asking for a deadline extension, so with this in mind, I’m going to push the entry submissions deadline back to:

This should give 5 days for the judging poll to run its course in time for Le Mans on June 10th. The OP has been updated with this info as well.

EDIT: For those who haven’t received feedback yet, feel free to send me any updated pics if you have them.

Next post (est. Thu or Fri) will be:
@KenShiro
@Prium
@randomtuner
@Portalkat42

@DrDoomD1scord & @Lazar, I hope you don’t mind me leaving y’all for last since I think your cars are already quite good and complete as is :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

That’s all good lol

2 Likes

Any news on the feedback?

Moblie users: Please make sure you view this post in landscape mode :wink:

Vermillion AV-X/R LM-GTE

All set for Le Mans.

READY FOR THE TRACK.

Meet the Vermillion AV-X/R. An all-new-standard on endurance racing. With years of development, Vermillion’s first entry for the GTE-Pro category is coming to the scene.

The AV-X/R is designed to take endurance races to a whole new level. Despite being based from the standard AV-X running gear the AV-X/R is much more capable on the track than you can think of.

SMALL BUT POWERFUL.

Powering the road-going AV-X is Vermillion’s signature turbo inline-3 with a mild hybrid setup, reaching up to 500 hp, and with performance figures competitive to competitors equipping larger engines.

With modifications, the AV-X/R race only specifications raised that to GTE-compliant levels to extract more power from the tiny powerplant. Power curves are improved too, for better response and reliability.

MOVES LIKE JAGGER.

The road-going AV-X corners fast and precise. The AV-X/R? Even more so. With an optimized tyre and aero setup, the AV-X/R is able to tackle even the most trickiest tracks ever built.

The sequential gearbox complies, yet also exceeds FIA standards. With the help of long-time partner Hinata Motors the custom gearbox proves to be faster, lighter and stronger than ever.

HERITAGE FOR THE MODERN AGE.

Since its founding in 2007, Vermillion strives to create a different kind of supercar, focusing on lightweight design and superb handling, and an emphasis of tiny yet powerful engines, creating an unique identity for Vermillion’s vehicles. And Vermillion race vehicles as well.

Vermillion AV-X/R: Coming soon to Le Mans.

2023 Vermillion. Handcrafted in Singapore.

10 Likes

Feedback IV

zach is back! :tada:

ISN Canopus LMH

@KenShiro

The submission for this came with a comprehensive explanation of the aerodynamic features and airflow, even down to the path of the vortices coming off the front wing. Can’t say that’s something we’ve gotten before, and it’s definitely an appreciated detail.

But just like that peak in the central fin, does this design descend from the summit of Mt. Stupid, or are those words actually backed up with the appropriate features on the car itself?

Well, we can’t see in CFD, but from what we observe, it’s a bit of a mixed bag. For example, those little wind-cheating strakes all seem to be in the right places where they can be effective. However, other details are more questionable in execution.

Firstly, these scoops over the top sidepod vents.

While you obviously want as much air as possible for cooling, these draggy air-catchers might be in the way of airflow running to your lower beam wing. Perhaps consider a lower-profile solution or other ways to coax air into those vents? Also, that’s quite a clunky-looking latch which probably doesn’t help the aerodynamics either.

The pointed shape of the roof scoop is another point of contention.

It makes us wonder if this is really the best way to combine your roof scoop with those strakes, as a squared-off opening as well as some strakes which actually reach the sides of the roof scoop would probably be more effective in guiding airflow into the scoop rather than letting it spill out just before reaching the intake. Perhaps revisit your primary inspiration, the Ferrari 499P, to see an example of this.

Finally, the part where you say the vortices and tyre wake from the front

travel along the outside where they help to seal the underfloor

raises a couple eyebrows. From the looks of the side profile, it seems that the tyre wake would actually just spill out to the side without any fences or vanes to keep it attached along the floor.

But wait, there’s more! With the aerodynamics covered, we can now turn to the aesthetics :smiling_imp:

The base car is reasonably well-designed, perhaps owing to the 499P’s influence. The livery and detailing, though, is where it kinda falls apart. The position lights are probably twice the necessary size, and visually the whole car is a bit of a mess with incongruous sponsor colours all over the sides and the random blocks of black/carbon around the car. It needs quite a bit of cleaning up to say the least.

image image image image image

Not to mention the unconventional sunstrip design/hilariously oversized Gulp logo on the roof.

TL;DR: It has potential, but the rough edges and questionable features let it down.

2020 Capital Cardinal GTS

@Prium

AFAIK the only real issue I notice is the race number.

Well, the race number looks fine actually :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the rest of the car, it is looking quite tall, probably as a symptom of the body used. Perhaps try enlarging the wheelarches to take away some of the visual mass between the top of the wheelarch and the top of the fender.

Our main criticism is with the livery. It’s nothing to do with the sponsors or colours, but rather the way the colour blocking is laid out on the sides. It looks “flabby and confused” as Zach describes it. I think it could do with a more consistent shape, as well as something below to accentuate it. Maybe add an extra blob of white there, or blackout the side skirts to further reduce visual mass.

Aside from that, the base design is great with a good level of detail. My favourite angle is the head-on shot which really showcases the menacing glare of the front end. It could use some more aggressive aero though, with only a rather shallow splitter and some tiny canards which might not cut it compared to the large wing out back.

Speaking of out back, that diffuser setup looks quite cramped. I’m not sure why the extra space on either side isn’t used for a larger design, especially since the exhausts have moved to the side.

Also, is the wing attached via latches?? I’m not sure why you would want an easily detachable rear wing, but you’d better hope that’s secure before you hit the first corner at speed…

TL;DR: With some cosmetic changes and detailing tweaks we reckon this could be a real contender.

@randomtuner

Much like the Cardinal GTS, this car is also based on the Polestar body which means that it’s also on the tall side. Thankfully, there is a substantial amount of work done to the fenders which lessens the effect and the blacked out sideskirt helps as well.

The rear aero is perfectly adequate, with a large wing and an appropriately beefy diffuser which makes good use of the space. However, we think the sides could be improved with making the rear fenders less boxy and perhaps finding a better solution for the side molding to avoid that awkward double split.

Over on the front 3/4 angle though, it’s a different story.Where did those sideskirts go?

From here, we can see that the front is quite lacking compared to the rear. the extra lights and large canards are a good add, but overall the lower fascia doesn’t really fit with the upper fascia and it kinda gives the effect of a bodykit rather than a proper race conversion. Consider extending the splitter to the edge of the widebody as well.

TL;DR: I’m sure these issues will be fixed with some proper detailing and a proper livery, but right now it lacks substance.

2024 Midlands Astraea GT3

@Portalkat42

Because I do not think I’ll have enough progress on the actual automation version of the car done before the feedback deadline, I’m posting a drawn version of my design and livery game plan.

Two specific detailing things I would like feedback on are the cooling fans in the rear grill area(where the license plate would usually be) and the possibility of adding intakes wrapping around the c pillar.

Firstly, I love the idea of a rear-engined luxury GT, let alone a rear-engined luxury GT built for racing. Midlands’ rear-engine shtick can be confusing at times, but it can also be a treat. I think this will score well for Creativity in the polls.

But even with the very high quality drawings, I’ll admit it would’ve been a bit tough to evaluate this design based off the 2D visualisations alone as I know from previous experience that something can look great when planned out in 2D but is a nightmare to properly translate into 3D.

Thankfully, in the time since this was sent in, Portalkat has been hard at work in-game.

Firstly, the front end. You said this was meant to be on the tamer side like the Continental GT3, but I think this is still a bit too tame, especially considering the base design doesn’t look as sporty as a Continental. I would suggest adding more lip elements like how the Conti does it, but that looks like it would ruin the design a bit.

So, I think you can alter those canards instead as they’re a bit dwarfed by the sheer scale of everything else. Perhaps a design much like the 911 GT2 RS Clubsport 25 could be a good compromise of a more aggressive design but without ruining the relatively smooth bodywork with too many flicks and strakes.

Moving to the side, the general bodywork looks good. It’s interesting to note how black colour blocking has been used here to reduce the visual weight of such a large car, which is especially important here as the Astraea’s three-box design makes it look bulkier than the Conti’s sweeping roofline.

One little nitpick though is that the fuel port looks quite tiny. We get that this is a big car, but is it really that big? :stuck_out_tongue:

When I first read about those proposed C-pillar intakes, we were worried they’d stick out like a sore thumb on the car without the outrageously wide fenders of the Gr.5 to cover for them. Thankfully, this mockup shows that it won’t be that bad, and if you can find a way to smoothly integrate them with the surrounding bodywork we see no reason to not allow them.

Moving along to the rear, I’m gonna go off the drawing as the Automation pic isn’t really in a representative state right now. It mostly looks good, but my main concern is with that deep diffuser.

As you can see on the GT2 RS Clubsport 25 from earlier, another rear-engined race car, the diffuser is quite shallow due to the rear engine placement.

Even on the latest 992 GT3 RS Cup, where the engine has been shifted forward a bit, the diffuser is still quite shallow. I’m not sure how Midlands does their packaging - I’d expect them to be pretty good at it considering they only do rear-engined - but I would still be wary of the physical limitations there.

As for the proposed rear cooling fans, we also see no reason to disallow them, on the basis that other cars have done it before with no issues. (Of course, Zach was the one to find this Corvette example.)

TL;DR: If everything goes to plan in time for the deadline, I think this will be a top contender. Well done.

Remember, the new deadline for submitting your entries is:

If you wanna make an official entry submission, as always, please follow the instructions in the OP. So far, I’ve received submissions from @MCzenman and @BannedByAndroid.

Also, just as a reminder, if you did anything for the LMH challenge, you can submit your car as-is for the LMH category and it will be accepted. So far, no one’s done that yet. Maybe y’all forgot? :thinking: Anyways, see you in the next one.

5 Likes

Easily one of your most bonkers ideas I’ve seen, and from the feedback you’ve received so far, it works far better than it should:

From the pics, it looks like you used one of the '88 Indicator body sets as a base, and disguised (or distorted) it with a lot of patch/body molding fixtures to make it look like the GT3/E racer you want it to be. If you really did use that body set, what size of it did you choose? My guess is the 2.7m wheelbase version (the second smallest one).

1 Like

Some explanations for the choices I made, though all your arguments are perfectly valid

The scoops are, in fact, inspired by the 9x8 (because making an undercut is too mainstream), though looking further, the 9x8 already had a downwashing bit in that area so that might be why they could use that concept.

For the scoop and fin, I am well aware that the pointiness is not ideal, and the scoop is too close to the roof to clear the boundary layer, but I put that down to the styling department getting their hands on it. This is LMH after all, some sacrifices can be made to look cool.

I wanted to shape the side more to make a path to capture the vortices, but alas, I lack the skill in body molding magic. As is, this is already one of my biggest forays into 3d body shaping.

For the colors and sponsors, that is simply a skill issue.

3 Likes

Top notch feedback as always, can’t wait to see how much my cars get torn up next round! Also these cars look absolutely stunning. Amazed at how PortalKat was able to keep the Automation version so accurate to the sketch

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Tarske Doce LMH was lost in an accident today and the project has been cancelled. It’s unclear at the moment if another car will replace it or if this is the end of the Tarske LMH program.

(I had to reset my laptop and I lost all my cars, I don’t really feel like starting again from 0 right now)

about that. Part of my logic behind having a slightly deeper diffuser is that this car is V8 powered and therefore has a bit more horizontal openness than what porsche can do with the flat sixes. There’s the two tunnel ish areas next to the oil pan that would usually be filled with exhaust piping that are more open due to the exhaust manifold being a bit higher up in a knot set up like pagani does to get the tips out above the diffuser.

it may be a bit more flared out than this, but it gets the point across.

Yes. it’s the one from simmer’s pack and it’s at it’s default size. This is a 4.5 m long car after all. X3

When you look at the front of the car straight on it is much closer to that.

human head for scale
and yeah, I’m planning on tweaking the cannards to a slightly larger and better shape. Glad to see that i’m on the right track for things tho. X3

5 Likes

I did use that one. I’ve done the rear enginedness of it with the advanced trim stuff because this first started out as a hyper detail personal build. It’s currently one the 2.8 m 2 door sedan body, with -4 on the rear wheel placement and +1 on the front.

2 Likes

2023 Nerruci 470LFZ RS/R GT3

Simple Elegance

BIG IMPROVEMENTS

(470LFZ RS/R WIP Livery)

Introducing the Nerruci 470LFZ RS/R, been in development since 2018, the 470 LFZ is Nerruci’s fourth generation car in the LMGTE category. Developed on the foundation of it’s predecessor the 460LFZ GTRS, the 470LFZ is designed to withstand Endurance Races with fewer mechanical issues that plague the 460LFZ. The 470LFZ also has much higher performance than the 460LFZ.

NEW AND POWERFUL ENGINE

Under the all new 470LFZ RS/R is the newly improved 4MP1 engine, the 4MP1 - 8TT 1A. The 4MP1 - 8TT 1A is a 4LV8 Twin-turbocharged engine capable of reaching 640 hp @ 6800 rpm. The 4MP1 - 8TT 1A can easily reach the figure without encountering any reliability issues. With smooth power curves and very nice throttle response, the 4MP1 - 8TT 1A is the perfect engine that the 470LFZ RS/R could be given.

MANOEUVERABILITY AND AERODYNAMICS IMPROVEMENTS

The predecessor, 460LFZ GTRS had some great handling and cornering abilities. With the foundation of that, we have greatly improved both maneuverability and aerodynamics of the 470LFZ RS/R. With new suspension and aero, the 470LFZ RS/R accompanied with the right setup, the 470LFZ RS/R would drive incredible.

STRIVING FOR VICTORY

Since it’s founding in 1953, Nerruci have been very big in motorsports, albeit little success, Nerruci and MGRT and continuing their journey in motorsports world. From the 290 GTO from 1953 to 2018 220m LMP1 car to now, the 470LFZ RS/R, Nerruci has been struggling and striving for the top spot at motorsports event around the world.

Pictures of 470LFZ RS/R

1 Like

Feedback Five

The Jaws Of Doom

aka Tio Eagle GTE (Kamron Racing)

@DrDoomD1scord

can’t wait to see how much my cars get torn up next round

uhh… looks like this thing is gonna tear me up first :flushed:

We were wondering if anyone would go all-out for a livery, and this certainly delivers. It might not be the most original but I’d say it translated to Automation remarkably well, especially for a totally different shape of car.

However, the livery isn’t the only thing that’ll be judged, so how’s the base design? Is it a winner or a T-wreck?

The first thing that jumps out at me is… whatever’s going on on this corner. The dino livery was already quite well-executed, but these 3D scales are really going the extra mile :stuck_out_tongue: The metallic paint definitely isn’t helping, but I think if you used more molding pieces here and placed them closer together it wouldn’t look quite this janky.

What’s this plate sticking out of the hood? I’ll let Zach take this one:

Moving to the rear 3/4 shot, it mostly checks out, though those wing mounts could be less chunky by a fair bit. There’s still a couple little things of note, firstly:

What’s this? Looks like a pitot tube’s facing backwards and is having a bit of trouble getting… uhh… straightened. Let’s just say it looks like a funny carabiner sticking out of the roof.

It might be a mounting point for car recovery, but I hope that’s not the only one on the top… (i couldn’t find anything for this but insert a clip of hamilton’s car literally swinging from a crane after monaco fp3)

sainte divot.

Finally, the interior shot which is the first we’ve seen so far. No major complaints here, we definitely like the level of detail.

TL;DR: Needs a bit of sharpening, but this thing’s definitely got teeth.

The Gloom To Your Doom

Hm. As good as the Eagle GTE was, we unfortunately can’t help but feel that its LMDh stablemate is decidedly more generic. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad design by any means but it doesn’t quite have the same wow factor as the Eagle, even without taking the two liveries into consideration.

So I guess I’ll start with the livery. The white and marine camo combo is a unique choice which we have no issues with, but the implementation leaves us wanting more.

Firstly, I think it could use more white on the greenhouse to balance out the colours. Now that they’re visible, this is also a good opportunity to do something unique with the window surrounds which will make the design less generic. See the Porsche, Peugeot, and Acura for some examples of what I’m talking about.

There should be a bit of separation between the canard and splitter here.

Continuing on at the rear 3/4, you can see how the colour blocking between the white and blue bits is a bit abrupt with only straight lines. Curves should work better to accentuate the body’s shape and get around fixtures like the headlights.

The supplementary hexagon graphics are also a neat idea, but they could be better integrated into the livery rather than looking like a bit of an afterthought. Perhaps use them as a transition element between the white and blue?

TL;DR: A decent product, just let down slightly by its livery and overshadowed by its shoutier GTE brother.

อีเอฟไอ จีที

@Lazar

First impressions: we love this thing. This is easily the most extreme-looking GT we’ve got so far, and one where I might actually suggest turning it down a bit. The huge wing mounts, for example, really tower over the car from the side and contribute to some slightly cartoonish proportions. Perhaps it might fit better on a Class 1 machine.

The front 3/4 is our favourite shot, as it really shows off the ferocious stance of the car. The detailing is exceptional, all the required fixtures are in their proper places ,and all elements are well proportioned.

I’m not sure if those are air intakes behind the windows. If they aren’t, then the roof scoop might be a little inadequate; if they are, I suggest maybe making it more obvious with a visible grille or a scoop on the windows

I think it could also use some more lights on the front corners as I’m slightly skeptical of how those slim projectors will perform, even with the two existing lights in the middle (currently covered). From the looks of it, that part may be 3D, so in that case a simple cover will suffice.

You can see just how gigantic that wing is from this angle. We didn’t get any aero explainer with this one, but I’m convinced those intricate aero structures behind the front wheels will do a sufficient job of managing the tyre wake and keeping it clean down the sides. I dunno if those wheel covers could be classified as a movable aerodynamic device, but they look cool regardless.

I’m not sure if this is gonna be the final livery, but I’ll make some comments on it anyways. It’s relatively simple (especially compared to :t_rex:) but I think it manages to make enough of an impact with the colours and textures on the main body. I don’t think that number panel is legal though, IIRC they have to be on a rectangular shape. Perhaps it could benefit from more orange accents around the car instead as the colour combo works quite well.

Also what’s this? Never seen that logo before…

TL;DR: Tone down the craziness a bit and you’re onto a winner here. Great work as always.

อีเอฟไอ แอลเอ็มเอช

the zeropods are going to work this year i PROMISE

This is quite a unique concept, trying to make the infamous Mercedes zeropods work on a prototype. For the uninitiated, Mercedes tried the zeropod concept on their W13 and W14 F1 cars, relying on lots of air rushing over the wide exposed floor to generate downforce. However, it also meant the floor wasn’t very well supported without sidepods, leading to back-breaking amounts of porpoising.

The floor might be better supported here, but I don’t think that’s the end of the ground effect problems for this car. The Mercs relied on lots of downwashing elements to get the air towards the floor, but here?

It seems that a lot of the air would be kicked out far away from the body by those vanes around the front wheels. Outwash, rather than downwash. As a result, I’m not so sure if those air intakes are getting the air they need, let alone the floor.

Is that wing structure just behind the windows channelling air down and towards the diffuser or towards the wing?

The rear is probably the weakest part of the design, with quite a few clipping elements and the bulbous engine cover. That’s probably a side effect of making the zeropods, but yeah… not ideal. We love the menacing simplicity of the exposed rear fascia though.

It might sound like we’ve just been ripping on this thing, but apart from the possible aerodynamic inefficiencies and the awkward rear, this is still a stunning car with the same excellent detail as the GT. As mentioned at the top, it’s one of the most unique concepts here, and deserves a good Creativity score even if it may not be the fastest on track.

TL;DR: The advantage may not be locked in for decades, but it still has a major edge over many of its competitors. We’re excited to see the final product.

As previously stated, this is the last batch of feedback reviews and we are only open for entry submissions until:

If you wanna make an official entry submission, as always, please follow the instructions in the OP. The current list of entrants is:

@MCzenman
@BannedByAndroid
@04mmar

Thanks to all feedback entrants for your patience as we worked to get them out, and I hope this was useful for y’all. See you in the next one.

10 Likes