Rally car showcase

I’ve always loved the Skoda Octavia… such an elegant car;

Two of these Datsun 210s won the 1958 Australia Mobilgas Rally in the 1L class. Adorable.

This is the Datsun we all know and love though;

Look at her go;

4 Likes

Gotta love those Baja Muscle Cars

Full Hotrod Article

Moar pics!

4 Likes

I only recently found about Baja. So cool!

I love the wheels on these Renaults

Of course this legend

And my absolute favorite, the Lancia Rally 037, here’s the Stradale

Such a pretty car!

5 Likes

well since @findRED19 introduced Baja cars into the mix, might aswell make a Contribution of the rare and forgotten Baja trailblazer

(very few photos of this seem to exist on this for some reason, and all video’s are in spanish. what i do know about it is that it uses a 5 liter prototype version of the LL8 and revved to 8000 RPM, it was in a 2000 baja tournament, so even the body shell is pretty prototype. and also, despite only being 6 cylinders, it remains the only 6 cylinder baja vehicle to win the segment it was in, composed almost entirely of V8’s)

EDIT: unconfirmed, but rumored, is that it produced 600HP N/A

3 Likes

Lower classes of Rally-Raid and Dakar is still rally, right?

If so… Frontier / Navara time.
https://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/web.nsf/gfx/A827A401445D4FF441257801005203E2/$file/Francisco%20Inocencio%20Nissan%20Navara.jpg
and back when Nissan was actually Nissan;

I also have another pic to add to my Datsun 240Z post.

Loaded for the long-haul through Africa. You know it’s going to be bad when there’s a snorkel mounted.

Datsun 240Zs won the overall victory, class victory, team victory and manufacturer’s championship in the The East African Safari Rally. Twice.

3 Likes

Oh hell, if we’re allowing Frontiers, I’ll have to grab the photo of my own one in a sec…

4 Likes

Apologies for the delay. Here’s my own offroad Frontier, in all her DIY glory.

8 Likes

Nice ride… I don’t see too many having fun with those here… they’re actually rare in general where I live. I’ve always thought that generation of Frontier was really good. VG33ER?

I found this on the net recently… and I like;

4 Likes

not necessarily a rally car but still an awesome offroading car

4 Likes

They sold really poorly compared to the competition. The generation that I have? Put every one of them of them together, and the Tacoma still sold more in a single year. For the same reason, most don’t offroad with them, because there’s no aftermarket for them, which means everything is either a limited run of parts (Expensive) or a DIY custom job (Difficult).
Yep, plain old iron VG33. Motor has 200,000 miles on it. When it finally realizes how old it is, I hope to see if I can stuff a VQ35DE with the matching six-speed in it. But that’ll be down the road.

This might be the greatest thing ever.

1 Like

The low sales always perplexed me. It seemed competitive in it’s class to me. 200,000 miles? Impressive. Make sure that the VQ35DE actually fits before thinking too much about it… I think I remember reading a horror story somewhere that it’s too wide and the heads hit the strut towers. It seems the biggest you can go without cutting her up too much is the supercharged VG33ER. An overdrive pulley is an option though… assuming 93 octane is enough to prevent detonation when temperatures rise dramatically… sadly no intercooler.

Something tells me those bent in fenders up front are the result of it’s own wheels. That was a Hell of a landing :confounded:

5 Likes

That looks like one mean machine :no_mouth:

Ford Fiesta spotted!
https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wm/videos/2016/special/fiesta-wrc-2017-tarmac/

1 Like

I think the VQ35DE would be fine in my instance, because I’ve got torsion beams, so I can basically move the struts wherever I please (Within reason). I’m hoping to get away from the VG-series, because it weighs enough that the front end begins to dive on anything more than a couple feet of air. Also, why intercool when I could meth inject? :smiling_imp:

Also, I frigging LOVE this little car. The left side is buggered in the front, buggered in the back, but completely fine in between. Must’ve been an impressively accurate crash.

1 Like

I see… I didn’t know the extent of your modifications. As for intercooling… it’s more sustainable. I’m a fan of having both though. I’ve seen water intercooler plates that go between the supercharger and block for Ford V8s… but that’ll likely require a custom-made manifold to use for a VG.
As for the nose diving… there’s a reason why Dakar trucks have 2 to 4 spare wheels and tires hanging out the ass as far back as they can put it :wink:

There aren’t too many pics of rally 510s around… but here’s what I found;

2 Likes

RWD FTW

5 Likes

I have a thing for Italian cars. :smiley:

4 Likes

How did I forget that one!

Or this?! That livery! *orgasms*

5 Likes

This is pretty cool, I like unique rally cars

4 Likes

Did I post this earlier?