Razyx's mods

The boxes are just boxes, as long as you have the properly assigned materials for them (3 and 4 for the body boxes, since those are unused). Hard to tell from yours, but your body boxes don’t seem to taper like these: http://discourse.automationgame.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/2/2b1932c2114c0b8fefd78fd25351f6cc64dd85a0_1_689x386.jpg

I honestly don’t know if that makes a difference, since I’ve just been doing them the same way as the devs without trying anything new.

After completing your mesh, the next step is the UV mapping, and after that the skinning for the morphs.

@thecarlover, thanks for the tips and steps :thumbsup:
@Sillyworld, thanks to you too, good to know those details.

First try on Automation.

Really interesting that I set the beginning of the ‘rear body paint’ close to the rear window… an ugly vertical line was crossing the body, so I set the starting point on door boundaries and now, it looks great!! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Looks great! I hope we can get 5 door variants too!

1 Like

@phale, I guess so :slight_smile:

After polishing some areas, tweaking the lua file… I had to try something.

Muhahahaha! (translation; it works nicely!!!) :wink:

7 Likes

Ok guys, hatchback released.
Test it and let me know if everything is ok, or not :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This body very much looks like a Clio RS 250
Very well done Raz

Nice; I made a fun little car out of her, along with a homologation version for Rally.

The only criticism I have is that I can see some “lines” from fixtures on the real car on this body in places like the front bumper, and the front and rear glass can be morphed into irregular shapes. I found a position for each to look smooth, so it isn’t too serious; but it’s something to keep in mind for the future.
That aside; great body. I especially like the fender morphs. They blend into the body very well and don’t look grotesque when enlarged; so top notch job there.

Thank you for your time and effort.

@CamKerman, somewhat, but it comes from a Megane without some details or faulty detailed lines. Thanks.
@KA24DE, yep, there are some flaws on the design that could be solved re-modelling some areas with a few more lines… I’ll keep in mind with the coming bodystyles.
Thanks, on the bumpers side, yup, I went to the racing -esque look (it’s a coupe), but trying that those areas looked smooth and with sense.

You’re welcome and glad that you can enjoy with it.

A little thing.

8 Likes

It looks like a Tommy Kaira ZZ S but it isn’t, right? :stuck_out_tongue:
Great progress anyways! Keep up the great work!

Right :slight_smile:, it’s a mix, platform, front end till the middle body is a Spider (Renault), but I’ve made the rear end in a different way without any car in mind and trying to keep the lines.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Could we get a morph to remove the side vents?

I think it would be better if you could morph the vent (so have the side start flat)

Certainly looks interesting. I’m curious, what engine placements do you have in mind for this little monster?

@rcracer11m, @Fayeding_Spray, yup, I’ll try, of course.
@Madrias, first mid engined, but then I’ll see if it’s capable to work like a rear and front engined car too.

Right now I’m having this ‘lovely’ issue . I’ve seen it before in some fixtures with a bad polygon work and I think that it may be if you have a flipped polygon side (not the case). I’ve re-made the area but no luck, any suggestions? .

I notice a pattern here.

1st, a Renault Mégane (RS), now a Renault Sport Spider. The Mégane was built relatively recently, the Spider in the mid to late 1990s, therefore the next body must be from the 1980s. The Mégane is front-engined, while the Spider is mid-engined, therefore the next body must be rear engined.
Both these cars were built at the Renaultsport factory in Dieppe. Before that the factory built Alpines, therefore the next body must be an Alpine GTA/A610.
#tinfoilhats

(pls?)

3 Likes

That black areas happen when 2 vertices are occupying the same space. Try welding all vertices.

Illuminati confirmed.
Seriously, Alpine would be great. Any Alpine :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents, but maybe you should do what @thecarlover did with his Murcielago body and make the side vent a morphing entity or just remove it all together as I think that it removes some of the freedom that one could have with the side vents.