Razyx's mods

@Awildgermanappears, hehe, I started the Spider while thinking on the first car and Nürburgring. I’ve tried a quick car on that track and it was far away from ‘the famous’ 8 mins thing… so why not try some thing ‘funny’, small and mid/rear engined…
Hmm those Alpine, what beauties!!!, or maybe the A110, good suggestion indeed.

@Sillyworld, man, many thanks!!! I’d kiss you but there are kids around :wink: :open_mouth:

@szafirowy01, I have the ‘suggestion list’ but the Alpines are a good and atractive temptation.

@titleguy1 , yep, I’m agree, anyway I’m gonna try in game with some fixtures. If I don’t like how it plays out it will probably get removed.

PS: I’ve tried some vents and with a little tweak they fit really well so I’ve to try that it can be flat.

Awesome! I don’t typically prefer mid-engine cars, but, that has good proportions for a small-engined front-engine car, and would possibly make something lightly sporty that way. Also has good styling for a mid-engine car (the nose doesn’t look too short, the back looks a bit long, but if that rear window morphs backward, making a rear glass slope, it’d look perfect) and if it could take rear engines, it looks modern enough to possibly fill a problem we have, which is a lack of ‘normal’ looking rear engine cars. Sure, it’s a two-door coupe, but it’s not a hyper car, and it’s not a super car. It’s a sports car.

I know this doesn’t really make sense, but I kind of want to see a pickup based on this body.

1 Like

Mark all vertices there - [WELD] - and hope its fixed.

Agreed. Highly-aerodynamic micro-pickup. Could be interesting.

I don’t think you could get decent morphing options with that kind of side vent (I’ll be impressed if you do), so a solution could simply be to have two variants: one with the side vent, one without.

Also, I notice the black areas on the bottom of your bumpers. Those should be the body coloured to allow lips to be placed right at the edge of the bumpers.

To add an important point to those suggesting welding to fix the black patch.

Make sure the max welding distance is 0, else it might weld things you don’t want it to weld.

:hushed:

@pyrlix, @TrackpadUser, thanks for the tips and help… was a couple of vertex hugging each other.

[quote=“thecarlover, post:47, topic:16427”]
I don’t think you could get decent morphing options with that kind of side vent (I’ll be impressed if you do), so a solution could simply be to have two variants: one with the side vent, one without.[/quote]
Precisely, after flattening the area looks like … bad. Two variants… ouuuch!!.

OTOH with a vent looks good.

Yep, they have been removed, np. Thanks!!

BTW, the car can host the engine in every position (front, mid and rear -a little one-) but the first time I start the game and pick a mid version, it seems that the game dunno about the engine bay size then I go back and pick front or rear and everything starts working right. ¿? is it a bug or my personnal touch? :yum:

5 Likes

Glad to hear it’ll hold engines in all positions! Doesn’t bother me that it’ll be little engines, little turbo monsters can be just as much fun as big beastly engines.

While I’m with the bones (slow as hell), a pic with the rear window elongated.

10 Likes

I HATE skinning :persevere: The mini car looks cool!

That thing looks wicked!

@Sillyworld, yeah a bit tedious. Thanks.
@Madrias, right now a bit wicked.
I get the next error.

Right now I’m stuck :cry:

EDIT: got it, I was missing a line on the lua file (rearfirewallratio)

2 Likes

Shark roadster released… I’ve to tweak a bit the morphing on the front and probably I’ll add another bone somewhere, but is ready to give it a try. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wheels don’t seemed to be aligned with the chassis?

Also, this car seems to be about 150kg heavier than I would expect (compared to similar bodies such as the S2000 and small McLaren)

AFAIK that happens in certain conditions when you allow the 3 engine placements. As you move the rear firewall to the front for the rear and mid layout, when you change to front engine, the rear firewall dissappears and the rear wheel arches move to the front. It only happens in “large” mid engine bays. I had the same problem with my 90s GT1, and since I couldn’t resolve it (it was either allow 3 engines with an small mid engine bay or just mid and rear with a decent size) I just leave out the front engine configuration.

@phale, on the first thing, and as Sillyworld has said, I don’t know the fix atm.
Related to the weight over the S2000, yes and no. I’ve been playing with both cars, exactly same components and without morphing them the Shark was always lighter (just a bit), but, take care when morphing the cars. The Shark has a bigger cargo box… but the key is on morphing the passenger zone, it can change the final weight on more than 50 kg (e.g. from under 1300 Kg to almost 1350).
The ToggleBounds() function could help you on look at how the passenger and cargo spaces change while morphing the car.

Anyway, I’ve tweaks to do so. Thanks for the info!!

I’ve updated the Shark roadster, now the front works as it should, also have tweaked the lua and the final weight should be better.
Probably it will get another update because of the little pic without wheels in the selection menu and, there are a couple of vertices on the front while playing with the side vent (holy cow I swear that they were removed every time!!!)

Skinning can be finicky sometimes.

I have a possible suggestion about that body: it’s fairly similar to the Autozam AZ-1, so if you ever want to make a sporty kei car it shouldn’t be too hard to scale it down and modify the proportions a bit. Don’t take this as a request, just a way to add more bodies to the game with less work than starting from scratch if it interests you.

These cars are looking good and are great additions to the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

When i first saw it i thought of the new honda s660 so a kei version would be interesting to have.