Real Driver Challenge - Fastest Automation Test Track Car - OFFICIAL RESULTS!

It’s tempting. Meanwhile I’m over here experimenting with an electric mod build on Beam

Aside from testing to find out which cars are the fastest overall, why not create separate contests for different car categories (compact, sports, SUV, etc.)?

Because he did not set any restrictions and therefore car classes would be different only in appearance.

2 Likes

Time to jump into sandbox then!

I see there is some demand for a classes. Guys I have an Idea that if this challenge ends up with success I will make another one for example for FWD cars only and then for even different „types” of cars. Maybe not instantly but after some time we will get the results You want. This time im gonna stick to the „one winner only” rule.

Do You like this idea?

5 Likes

I’ll enter whatever the criteria…there’s nothing better than being trounced by one of @strop’s monstrosities!

If you’re going to carry on, after this challenge, then I’d like it to be more like Strop’s Fite 2 (I'm Bored (a pilot test for the 2nd FITE ME)) challenge, with a set of rules to follow, rather than a free for all.

I can’t wait to recieve submissions… only 3 days left for them to be opened.
Then let me show off one of my superfast designs. Really can’t wait to drive Your’s :slight_smile:

looks rather tame with the aero, how many hidden/invisible wings does it have?

no hidden aero, did not know You can do that :smiley:

So you can try this and see how it feels I suppose

hillclimb_-_torquiboi.car (43.4 KB)

Beam.ng file uploaded to google drive. One advice, noticed the car tends to understeer a bit but if you smash on the acclerator the car will begin to grip more to counter the understeer wierdly unitli spins out, so there is a sweet spot.

So I have this wierd problem with it, It spawns with the front wheels not touching the ground and front of the car is “scratching” the ground even if it does not look like it… plz help… :S

Did you use the beam.ng file or did you export it yourself, I do live in a different time zone so I won’t be able to change the files today as this happened to me and I did go back and change it but maybe it did’nt export it properly. Probably need to change the name before exporting from my end. Sorry.

I just used beam.NG .zip file (pasted into mods). I tried importing it to Automation but it does not appear on the list after import (only engine imports correctly). If I click Car designer, every time it asks me if I wanna import.

It is allright, I will try another time :slight_smile:

PS. I use open beta branch.

Hey! This looks super interesting, I suck at driving on a keyboard, so I’d be excited to see a car being driven by a real professional :stuck_out_tongue: If I understand correctly, you are looking for hypercars?

Any car that can be fast enough to win it :slight_smile:

Winthorpe Motors, 18/Jan/2019

Rumors at the higher management level are going around that weird things are happening at the main plant:
“I heard old man Winthorpe is going crazy”,
“Yeah, shouldn’t he have retired a long time ago”,
“Rumor is he assembled a whole secret team around him for a ‘special’ project. And you know what? There’s no mention of that project on the finance sheet”,
“No budget limits, it will ruin all he accomplished”
“maybe not, let’s wait and see”

Winthorpe Motors presents the Winthorpe Cyclone

An exquisite looking hypercar with a turbocharged 9.7 Liter V10 producing 2379 bhp.
Expenses were not spared on the design for this one seater and all the best materials were used. The factory estimate top speed is 483 km/h but the test drivers reached only a 445km/h top speed due to the aerodynamic tuning very much focused on maximizing downforce. A 7 gear dual clutch gearbox allows this car to get from 0 to 100km/h in a mere 2.5 seconds.

Previous Winthorpe chapters:
Pony Cars
Light Sports

4 Likes

Hmmm, 2400 hp, have you tried to actually drive it in Beam? :stuck_out_tongue:

idk evo on crack i guess

7 Likes

Welp, I probably won’t get it any better. It has the typical mid-engined foibles, but it’s the fastest car I’ve ever built. The Armor SLW275.

3 Likes

B1 Alpha Aranche RS

*car may have visual differences because beam fucky

Over 1530hp from three electric motors (and not a 7.5L V8TT)
1274kgs AWD producing over 2000kgs of downforce at top speed.

Automation states the time as around 1:36 for ATT. While tuned for beam

No refunds in the event of death

10 Likes