Record holders

Got it down to 1.36L/100km.

Which is about:

173 miles per uk gallons.
or
207.7 miles per us gallons.

Lol that’s awesome.

Actually now genuinely curious as to your approach, purely in the case I ever want to build a cheap eco car… Or even run an ultra eco challenge…

CRX body.

+15 most sliders.

Smallest I4 possible, tuned for maximum efficiency (stayed NA)

105s all corners.

Everything tuned to reduce weight, so smallest brakes, no safety, -15 interior, 4 speed gearbox.

And no cooling. Does 1.48L/100km with enough cooling to have the reliability higher than zero.

The car costs like 100000$ to make.

Surprisingly, even though it only has ~25 hp, it has 23 sportiness.

Probably because it’s so damn light. A quick look at the detailed stats would be quite revealing.

In low powered cars, the drag becomes a defining feature of the economy calculations then!

Sorry for the very crappy crop.

Edit: It says 1.48 L/100km because I added some cooling so the engine has more than 0 reliability. Putting the slider at zero brings it to the values I quoted earlier.

Hm, I don’t know how on earth you managed to get over 200mpg US with no ventilation! (But I’m not very good at configuring cars with 0 ventilation).

Instead, I have one with a positive engine reliability (0.7) that does 1.39L/100km, or 169.3mpg, but no way can I get that tune to over 200mpg ever!

Interestingly enough, it’s… much more powerful, and pretty quick too, what with a power:weight ratio of about 160hp:tonne. And if I sacrifice about 0.3mpg to put in larger wheels (13" instead of 10"), my car goes… a lot faster around Nordschleife (9:32.87 to be precise!)… sacrifice another 0.4mpg to make them 16" rims and it goes to 9:26.76 :astonished:

There’s potential for something possibly interesting here… stay tuned, I’m going to set something up.

I find 8 gears is more economical than 4.

:astonished: you’re right, using 8 gears, I got my build up to 189.1mpg with 0.5 reliability… absolutely hilarious top speed gearing of 834km/h though :laughing:

(build year 2015 btw)

Sorry for the crappy printscreen, but I made this in the demo…

252.4 MPG (UK)
210.2 MPG (US)
1.12 lt/100km

This could probably be beaten with a lighter/more aerodynamic body, but for now…

:wink:

Oh and this is my first post, after over a year of lurking…

Well, I’m really impressed!

(Also, since I’m not very good at tuning low-end power engines, how did you get 10.8hp @ 2000rpm?

Err, Minimum fuel mixture (15.0:1), Maximum ignition timing, and low cam profile. Im not really sure why I set it to 2000rpm, I think it was for reliability, but without cooling, what’s the point.

Maybe I’ve been setting my max RPM too high… currently the engine I use revs all the way to 12k rpm without breaking a sweat :laughing:

Haha. Apparently my car needs the 2000rpm to be efficient, any higher and economy goes down and down. Very odd, you would think that more power (even if it is only 10 more at 8500rpm) would help, but it doesn’t. Its probably due to lower efficiency at higher rpm. And my car is sooo slow that its max speed setting is at the maximum of 102mph… Yeah, making hypermilers is fun, in its own way.

And I have a list of possible records that could be used:

Fastest:
0-62mph
0-100mph
30-70mph?
Max Speed
62-0
0-62-0 (0-62+62-0, could be an interesting one)

Slowest:
0-62mph
Max Speed

Other Car Stuff:
Best Economy
Lightest
Heaviest
Safest
Most Tame Car
Most Sporty Car
Most Prestigious Car

Power n Stuff (Engine Stuff):
Highest Power
- Highest Power N/A
- Highest Power Turbo
- Highest Power I4 etc…
Highest Torque
- Highest Power N/A
- Highest Power Turbo
- Highest Power I4 etc…
Highest Efficiency
Highest Power/Litre (Another Interesting one)

And then the list goes on and on, with Lap times and more. How we would get these numbers though is another thing entirely…

Just started a Records thread over at Community Challenges & Competitions :smiley: .