Record holders

can we get a section to show who currently has the most hp, torque, mpg and so on in the game?

I feel as this could make a little friendly competition as well as allow people to see peoples achievements and set a goal for themselves.

for example I just built a car that has 55mpg and I am wondering if anyone has gotten better.

There’s a few ‘Records’ threads around the forum, though they’re mostly lap-times and 1/4 mile times records.

I was thinking about exactly this earlier today. It would be great to have a good set of records for most aspects of our cars - lap-times, fuel efficiency, highest power, etc.
Setting it up for an ‘Unlimited’ car would be easy enough, just whoever gets the highest record with no restrictions at all on your car design. I’d like to see one with a lot of different categories of cars to make it interesting though.

If I get enough spare time this week I might see if I can come up with a comprehensive set of categories and records to go with them :smiley:

Yea that’s exactly what I was thinking as well, I would really appreciate that :slight_smile:

Also I made a mistake, my car gets 55.9mpg lol

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_superlatives

You should start it, make a thread in the contest forum with as many categories as you can think of and people can start submitting cars to be checked. HP, torque, horsepower per liter, horsepower per dollar, mpg 0-60, top speed, all sorts of titles like from the link.

Hm, yeah why not, could be good for some fun!

btw supraman, to answer your original question, some users have obtained figures of 90mpg (US). I went back to my ultra super light completely ridiculously overpriced will never serve as anything more than a proof of concept 276kg car (lol), that returns 133MPG.

Jackgoe, Strop, and I bounced around the record for MPH for a time. I held it for like 6 months. Now Jackgoe has it by .1 of a mile.

Ok I’ve got some ideas for this now, see if I can put together a thread probably tomorrow :slight_smile:

[quote=“supraman”]can we get a section to show who currently has the most hp, torque, mpg and so on in the game?

I feel as this could make a little friendly competition as well as allow people to see peoples achievements and set a goal for themselves.

for example I just built a car that has 55mpg and I am wondering if anyone has gotten better.[/quote]

I just built a car that gets 138.8 US MPG (1.69 L/100km), I would not want to buy it or drive it though, it isnt very fast, comfy or quick off the line BUT you wont have to fill up often.

140.7 US MPG

[quote=“BlastersPewPew”]

[quote=“supraman”]can we get a section to show who currently has the most hp, torque, mpg and so on in the game?

for example I just built a car that has 55mpg and I am wondering if anyone has gotten better.[/quote]

I just built a car that gets 138.8 US MPG (1.69 L/100km), I would not want to buy it or drive it though, it isnt very fast, comfy or quick off the line BUT you wont have to fill up often.[/quote]

Well, there are some hyper-mileage competitions and most cars are very small and not really fast.

There is one being displayed at my university and it’s basically a fully enclosed velomobile with a gas engine in it.

Damn that’s pretty impressive. Eco’s not my thing, but it might be fun to try seeing just how further one can go.

What’s more important, weight or drag?

I’m eager to see how the new big update will kick up or down everyones stats xD

http://i.imgur.com/DtdPlNO.jpgI did just get 160 mpg.
As a bit of a hint, Strop you’re using the wrong body.

From screwing around with the .Lua files, I imagine that the best body is the not-CRX, due to it’s extremely low Cd?

I’ll try it, but it’s not what i’m using.

Are you guys running any cooling for the engine? I was running the bare minimum to keep the engine cool.

zero cooling.

Oh, I’m running minimum cooling. Makes a little difference. Also the fact I was trying out a brick :laughing:

Lower drag body it is then!

You have to appreciate the cars that get 160mpg+, but break down in 75 miles due to lack of cooling :stuck_out_tongue: .

LOL yeah [size=85]and also rack up $70000 and 1000+ production units in build costs[/size]