Regular Coupes (not sports cars or supercars) thread

Dooley 10 HP (1903) the grandmother of DAN’s cars.

4 Likes

1965 Hamfa 3000 Coupe

Gallery

9 Likes

Dooley 12 HP (1909) another ancestor of DAN’s cars.

3 Likes

Vintage cars seem to be a favourite of yours, and all the ancient vehicles you present are quite good

2 Likes

Amart 4Ch (1950)

3 Likes

1987 LVC LF2

Essentially the answer to the question “What if my CSR156 entry were a front-engined, rear-drive, four-seater, powered by an all-alloy flat-four?”

The reason it’s here is that it’s not really a dedicated sports car, as my actual entry was - but its performance potential (983.6kg curb weight, distributed 52.5%/47.5% front-to-rear) would have made it an ideal Group A homologation special for the 2000cc class, as shown here.

Its all-alloy 2.0L flat-four delivers 150 bhp to the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and geared LSD.

This trim lacks ABS and power steering for cost and reliability’s sake, limiting its cost to just $12,500.

OK, so it’s not as attention-grabbing on the outside, but it’s more practical on the inside and doesn’t use all of the budget (either upfront or in terms of fuel, running, and service costs).

As Yoda would say, “Size matters not”. The LF2 is not just a light car, but also a small one, being less than 1.7m wide and well under 3.8m long, allowing it to squeeze through narrow roads with ease.

Interior

And although it only has struts up front and semi-trailing arms at the rear, it’s still an all-independent suspension setup - one that’s been tuned for agile handling without causing unmanageable oversteer or excessive loss of comfort.

4 Likes

TAZ 102 and 102/B a standard archana’s car product from 1950 to 1959 in two motorizations.

3 Likes

TAZ 103 and 103/B a second generation of standard archana’s car product from 1958 to 1967 in two motorizations.

4 Likes

1981 ASAKURA Sakai Coupe

Essentially a hyper cheap, hyper simple family-sized Japanese coupe built off of the same body as a ute. With horrific fuel efficiency and incredibly poor handling thanks to its solid axle leaf suspension in the rear (a leftover of the ‘ute’ origins of the car), 1981 truly was one of the darkest years for Asakura Heavy Industries.

A poorly-proportioned and fatally 70s back end, if you like that sort of thing. Note the Multidrive logo on the back, this thing for whatever reason has Asakura’s special brand of 4WD…

Note the car’s excessive ride height and large cabin, this can fit 4 people relatively comfortably while going over rough terrain, possibly the only pro of this car.

Oh no, here we go. The front of this thing was certainly not designed for a family coupe, and it shows. The windshield is too flat, the grill is just too wide, and the fact hat it has bare steelies doesn’t help. Oh and lord, if you can guess the motto of the company: ‘Beauty and Certainity’ “ARGGHH WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN THIS??!?!?!” - The founder’s reaction after seeing this car for the first time (this was what killed him)

8 Likes

1990 Globus Commander - the result of a classic personal luxury car mixed with the muscle and performance heritage of the brand - if you need a sign that malaise is over now, this is everything you need to know.

6 Likes

I’ve waited a long time for anyone to create a genuinely good-looking two-door car based on the Boat body set ever since the Kee days, but that option was out of reach for years, because prior to the release of the UE4 4.3 build into the open beta phase, the requisite body style just wasn’t there - now that it is (and on a revised version of the body style, with multiple sizes to boot), however, I’ll seriously consider using it more often as soon as I opt into the new version. As for the car itself, the bubble rear window and lack of an upper grille (with a vestigial lower one) are quite appropriate for something introduced at the dawn of the 1990s.

1995 Globus Commander - the final curtain for good old Gasmean motoring. For MY 2000, only the sedans will recieve another facelift and the Commander ends the era of Globus luxury two-doors in 2001.

6 Likes

In 1969, Yamaguchi launched the 417, a very simple sedan for a low price.
But they lacked a top model for the brand, and the Italian sports car company Cavaliere Nobile did not have an entry model.

Both teamed up, and the Italians increased the power from 72 to 91 horsepower while giving the coupe a sport suspension, a five-gear transmission right out of their sports cars and a really expensive interior.
This is definitely the most exclusive way to drive a Yamaguchi. After two years, in 1971, it was presented with the Cavaliere being the fancier one, while Yamaguchi sold it with a four-speed, a less fancy interior and slightly more comfortable suspension.

The car was not a top-seller, but overall sold with pleasant revenues. This was one of the very first cooperations between the Japanese and a traditional brand from Europe.

6 Likes

I recently decided to update the LVC LF2 for the latest 4.3 open beta build - it’s now an '89 model year car, with the engine being updated accordingly.

This time, the remake was an answer to the question: “What if the Attainable Icon Challenge were open to two-door, full four-seat (not 2+2) coupes?”, in which case I could (and would) have entered this updated version:

Unlike the original, this one has a treated steel chassis, cast mid headers, a heavy aluminum/silicon block, 15" alloy wheels, and ABS - yet it still comes in at just $16k after adjusting the techpool to match the requirements of that challenge. It’s not much heavier, though, and still has struts up front and semi-trailing arms at the rear.

The interior design is completely unchanged from the original build; engineering-wise, it’s still a standard item with a mid-range cassette tape player, as before.

The third brake light is taller than before; this, combined with the smaller rear spoiler (non-functional due to consisting of a single body molding fixture), has made it more visible from the rear.

Most of the fundamentals of the original version remain unchanged, however: the engine is still a 2.0L flat-four (albeit slightly less oversquare), and it still drives the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and helical LSD (although with adjusted ratios to improve performance and avoid a reliability penalty).

Update (December 14 2023): After the release of the 6th Open Beta patch, I have revised the LF2R once again, with retuned suspension, smaller wheels, and narrower tires to dial out unwanted oversteer, in addition to shifting the weight further forward. Here it is:

3 Likes

What would this he akin to IRL? The detail is great.

The nose brings to mind an early Ford Sierra (with its futuristic bottom-breather grille), but the full-length wraparound rear light bar is something the Sierra didn’t have. The LF2R is a notchback coupe, whereas the Sierra was only available as a liftback at launch.

Wells 600 LC Vogue

3 Likes

Enter the new millenium with the all new ETR Echelon. Luxury, agility, and flamboyancy redefined.

The Echelon will deliver anything you could ask for in a sports coupe. It can go fast and take corners while you are still in your comfort zone. And on top of that, you can be confident about turning everyone’s heads when you fly by.

The Echelon comes as a coupe or an automatic-hardtop convertible.
There are 3 trim levels: The normal trim, comfort trim and the sport trim.
(only the comfort trim gets the convertible option)
And there are 3 engine options: 2.0T, 3.0NA, 3.0TT
(in the same order as the trims)

The Echelon is a rwd based car. Only the sport trim comes with awd as standard.

Notes:
The cars which are in the pics are the comfort :orange_square: and the sport trim :black_large_square:
I kinda included it in the title but the car is basically my brand’s enterence to 2000.
The car is literally a direct competitor to the audi TT which is a car I love irl.
It took 8 hours to make (approx). Probably the most detailed car I’ve ever done. Including the interior. I’m pretty confident about this one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1976 Volkswagen Brasilia COTS Edition

I mean it DOES have 2 doors

6 Likes

that’s a hatchback, though