Removing the BorexStroke Ratio Cap

Since you guys have developed the car bodies to only hold certain specification engine sizes, why don’t you remove the borexStroke ratio cap? I only ask because I would love to build some motorcycle engines to mount into small cars but they usually have a ratio that doesn’t fit the game (the Yamaha R1 is 78 x 52.2mm). Since you guys originally placed that cap into the game before you built the car body designing I was wondering if you have thought about removing it or at least giving some more space.

The cap is there for the reason of balancing. It is a decent enough range to recreate most engines ever produced for production cars and gives pretty good accuracy too. It’s a compromise that works best for us and the player.

Ah interesting. Well good to know.

I’m fine with the caps, they do give a good range of size, I think! :slight_smile:

Seriousness aside :stuck_out_tongue:, …the lowest engine size possible is 393cc…any chance we could get the cap a FEW ticks lower so we can make 60’s and 70’s era Kei car engines (360cc)? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

You can further reduce the bore and stroke in the bottom end tab.

Oh wow, thanks mate - MIND BLOWN! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I just tried how low you can go and the Yamaha R1 is 78 x 52.2mm is not a problem, I can go down to 49.7mm at a bore of 78mm.