Request a (real world) track here

Maybe you could create the VLN version of the Green Hell, contains most of the GP lap AND all but a couple of meters of the Nord Sleife. Over 25 km of track.

[quote=ā€œKillrobā€]

[quote=ā€œjuubz20ā€]Do you think it would be possible to create the Nurburgring? It would be very interesting to see the time of my and my fellow members cars.

Thanks.[/quote]

Are you a very generous spambot? Or did you just not look two posts above you?[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mid Ohio race course would be great

This oneā€™s a doozy. If you shoot it down, I donā€™t blame you. I was working on it, but couldnā€™t A) get it to work just right, and B) have very little free time to do any significant work on it.

Le Mans History; all 14 circuits used by the 24 hours of Le Mans.

The latest track version with and without the chicanes can be found here: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4288

2.4 mile with or 2.2 mile without chicanes?

[quote=ā€œtaoistlumberjakā€]This oneā€™s a doozy. If you shoot it down, I donā€™t blame you. I was working on it, but couldnā€™t A) get it to work just right, and B) have very little free time to do any significant work on it.

Le Mans History; all 14 circuits used by the 24 hours of Le Mans.[/quote]

Iā€™d be willing to tackle this, but I have other things to finish first. That would be a BIG project. I DO love Le Mans, however! :wink: If you PM me some elevation data to use (or links) and maps, it would make it easier (unless you donā€™t have all of that yet).

[quote=ā€œ07CobaltGirlā€]

[quote=ā€œtaoistlumberjakā€]This oneā€™s a doozy. If you shoot it down, I donā€™t blame you. I was working on it, but couldnā€™t A) get it to work just right, and B) have very little free time to do any significant work on it.

Iā€™d be willing to tackle this, but I have other things to finish first. That would be a BIG project. I DO love Le Mans, however! :wink: If you PM me some elevation data to use (or links) and maps, it would make it easier (unless you donā€™t have all of that yet).[/quote]

Haha, thereā€™s the problem I ran into. Thereā€™s decent info on the modern versions (which I hadnā€™t yet found), but the pre-1932 configurations are a blank. Iā€™m not too sure on which roads were part of the circuit. Heck, even after 1955 there was a shift involving the front straight, where they moved the pits around for safety reasons.

[quote=ā€œtaoistlumberjakā€]

Iā€™d be willing to tackle this, but I have other things to finish first. That would be a BIG project. I DO love Le Mans, however! :wink: If you PM me some elevation data to use (or links) and maps, it would make it easier (unless you donā€™t have all of that yet).

Haha, thereā€™s the problem I ran into. Thereā€™s decent info on the modern versions (which I hadnā€™t yet found), but the pre-1932 configurations are a blank. Iā€™m not too sure on which roads were part of the circuit. Heck, even after 1955 there was a shift involving the front straight, where they moved the pits around for safety reasons.[/quote]

Maison Blanche: For news and history of the Le Mans 24 Hours

I assume you found this? Only a layout and length, but it is a place to start. Iā€™m sure, in the past 90 years, the roads around the track have changed significantly (which seems to have prompted many of the layout changes in the first place), but certainly an overlay could be made from each of these and get a general idea. I will work on some of them, but it will take a while to get them right.

EDIT: Hereā€™s another similar site, but easier to view IMHO.

The Le Mans Project by Virtua_LM

Iā€™d be willing to tackle this, but I have other things to finish first. That would be a BIG project. I DO love Le Mans, however! :wink: If you PM me some elevation data to use (or links) and maps, it would make it easier (unless you donā€™t have all of that yet).[/quote]

2.4 mile with chicanes, i think thats the ones thats used the most.

[quote=ā€œUSDMFTWā€]

2.4 mile with chicanes, i think thats the ones thats used the most.[/quote]

I figured you meant that one. Added to the list!

[quote=ā€œtaoistlumberjakā€]

Haha, thereā€™s the problem I ran into. Thereā€™s decent info on the modern versions (which I hadnā€™t yet found), but the pre-1932 configurations are a blank. Iā€™m not too sure on which roads were part of the circuit. Heck, even after 1955 there was a shift involving the front straight, where they moved the pits around for safety reasons.
Maison Blanche: For news and history of the Le Mans 24 Hours

I assume you found this? Only a layout and length, but it is a place to start. Iā€™m sure, in the past 90 years, the roads around the track have changed significantly (which seems to have prompted many of the layout changes in the first place), but certainly an overlay could be made from each of these and get a general idea. I will work on some of them, but it will take a while to get them right.

EDIT: Hereā€™s another similar site, but easier to view IMHO.

The Le Mans Project by Virtua_LM[/quote]

First of all, my apologies for this image. It is rather large, so if you are on dialup or have bandwidth restrictions, stop now. I stitched this image from google earth to maintain some of the resolution. I then used the 1923 image as an overlay to get a track line. Here we have the 1923-1929 Le Mans Circuit:

I did not have time to make a track yet. The image will have to be sized down for use, and it will take a while as it is 17km! I can eventually do the rest of them, using basically the same map with different overlays. This project is certainly possible, but will take some time, which I do not have just at this moment. The only thing left for this map is to gather some elevations from google earth (or any other more reliable source), reduce the image, and make a track file! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Image reduced to 1280x720 and the line cleaned up to match the track map more, but it will need to be rotated for a proper start. A few of the roads do not seem to connect any longer, and there is also the pesky round-about which probably didnā€™t exist in the 1920ā€™s. Actually, with the site listed above, and this stitched map, this might not be as hard as I thought.

Only TWELVE more to go! hahaha (current track is already done by someone else). If you want, I can send you a PS file of this and you can give some of them a go? :wink:

Another day off (finally!!) and up on deck are Laguna Seca, Mid ohio, and 2 F1 tracks.

Done! Flying lap included (but not quite ā€œperfectā€)!

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (flying lap)

Iā€™ll get to the other two eventually.

Done!

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (2.4 miles w/chicanes)

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aut%C3%B3d ā€¦ rat_Fabini

Also known as Autodromo el Pinar

maps.google.com.uy/maps/ms?ie=U ā€¦ dg=feature

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Zolder.svg

Itā€™d be epic if you could make this track which is like 10km from my home. Itā€™s pretty much flat except for the steep uphill immediately after the first chicane, through the gate, followed by a fast downhill left curve which ends into the second chicane.

Sorry that I canā€™t get a lot of links here since Iā€™m still abroad. It lays in Zolder, Belgium.
There have been a bunch of changes where the chicanes are of the track, the picture shown here is the most recent layout.

[quote=ā€œMancheā€]http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutĆ³dromo_VĆ­ctor_Borrat_Fabini

Also known as Autodromo el Pinar

maps.google.com.uy/maps/ms?ie=U ā€¦ dg=feature[/quote]

Which configuration?
El Pinar at TheRacingLine.net

[quote=ā€œDragawnā€]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Zolder.svg

Itā€™d be epic if you could make this track which is like 10km from my home. Itā€™s pretty much flat except for the steep uphill immediately after the first chicane, through the gate, followed by a fast downhill left curve which ends into the second chicane.

Sorry that I canā€™t get a lot of links here since Iā€™m still abroad. It lays in Zolder, Belgium.
There have been a bunch of changes where the chicanes are of the track, the picture shown here is the most recent layout.[/quote]

Circuit Zolder added to the list! I had a tough time finding both of these tracks. :wink:

Tsukuba Circuit !!!

please and thank you :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4259 :wink:

Oh sick thanks bud! Sorry a little behind on the custom tracks available guess I should have tried searching first!

Time to download!