Resto's Brands (Thread restructuring soon, I promise)

Here I will show my automation cars (specificly the ones of the companies listed below). I will also talk about the history/lore behind the companies/cars.

DAC est.1918

• Solier (American sporty midrange brand. Pontiac + Oldsmobile + Dodge in the 20th century, Caddilac + SRT + Lincoln + Pontiac + various-upmarket-Germans in the 21st century), est. 1914

• Dragad (American low-end brand. Ford + Chevy + Plymouth in the 20th century, Dodge + Chevy + Ford in the 21st century) est. 1926

• Oaking (American luxury midrange brand. Buick + Oldsmobile + Chrysler + Mercury in the 20th century, Caddilac + Lincoln + Pontiac + various-upmarket-Germans in the 21st century), est. 1822, startet making cars in 1906

Auto Alliance Bordeaux-Tsu-Warwick

• Somboy (Japanese manufacturer. Legendary in both light and heavy trucks. Isuzu + Suzuki + Mitsubishi + Subaru. Provides diesels for various companies that don’t have their own.)

• TDF (Very French manufacturer. Need I say more? Has an occasional racing fling. Citroen + Simca + Peugeot + Renault + Talbot)

• Brimstone-Edge (English sports/luxury/4x4 maker, mostly making reskinned Somboys with more posh interiors. MGRover + Jaguar + Land Rover. Previously under Dragad ownership, and before that partnered with Iasa.)

Iasa Group est.1920

• IFV (Truck/van producer. Competes on a global scale, selling everything from small pickups to buses and highway trucks to mining trucks. UD + Fuso + IVECO + Isuzu. A merger between the giant Nippon Vehicle Manufacturing and small Iasaki Heavy Trucks) est. 1962

• Iasaki (Frugal global Japanese automaker. Nissan + Toyota + Mazda + Honda) est 1922

• Sunset (Youthy oriented brand. Scion + Datsun + Saturn + Honda + Pontiac) est. 1983

• Cressendi (Luxury, often sells rebadged JDM-only Iasakis. Lexus + Infiniti + Amati) est.1987

Belloso Mia est. 1947

• Selcia (Makes high production and moderately premium cars. Has an ongoing tradition of boxers. Lancia + Alfa Romeo + IVECO + Subaru) est.1952

• Elvan (Luxury/Premium/Performance car maker. Ferrari + Lamborghini + Lancia + Maserati + Alfa + various-upmarket-germans. Previously owned by Onaria before the merger with Feller Group) est.1938

Feller Auto Group est. 1966

• Onaria (German luxury brand. Opel (earlier upmarket models) + Mercedes + BMW + Audi) est.1923

• Feller (Austrian run of the mill car brand. Opel + Peugeot + Renault + Volkswagen) est.1931

• GUW (German budget brand. Dacia + SEAT + Volkswagen.) est. 1955

• Elessar (Swedish semi-premium manufacturer. All EV since 2015. Volvo + Polestar + SAAB + Holden + BMW. Owned by Onaria since the 90s.) est.1918

• Lance (English racing team and secondarily lightweight sportscar maker. Sort of a tuner for other Feller Group makers, though only for race cars, no road stuff. Caterham + Lotus + TVR) est. 1929

• Kensington (American company. Caused a bit of controversy when they switched to SOHC I6/V8/V10 engines in 1994 and then a whole lot more when they switched completely to Feller Group-based DOHC designs in 2016, 10 years after Feller first bought them. Chrysler + AMC + Dodge), est. 1911.

• Francisco (French-American super-luxury company. Bugatti + Bentley + RR), est. 1919

• FEC (Consulting company. The result of a consolidation between Feller Group Consulting, Onaria Engineering and Development Services, and Lance Consulting.) est. 2011

Haukenhauser est. 1971

North Irish shed sportscar maker. TVR + Noble + Lotus + Shelby

Dnipropetrovśk-Nikopoļ Avto est.1999

• Zerve DAZ (Ukrainian budget maker. Runs forever. ZAZ + Lada + FSO + GAZ + UAZ)
  • Zerve Trucks (Ukrainian medium/heavy trucks constructor. GAZ + KrAZ + KamAZ + UralAZ)
  • NAM (Ukrainian CKD and liscence manufacturer. Previously made their own cars. Lada + TagAZ + ZAZ)
1 Like

And I thought that I have too many brands.

2 Likes

Haha, very funny. That’s not even all of 'em, just the ones I am still working on!

That’s a lot of manufacturers - and not all of their names make sense. Props to you for having the guts to come up with so many brands in a short space of time, though.

Which names don’t make sense?

Sullen is the one that makes the least sense - buyers would most likely associated it with dullness, and who on Earth would want that? The names for all your other makes are more fitting for their respective positions in the marketplace, though.

Coalworth?

Similarities to Cosworth aside, I reckon it would be a more appropriate name.

I was going to use Cosworth until I remembered that it was a real automaker

Okay, Sullen is now officially Oaking.

2009-2014 Dragad B1000ST Bullcharger (6MT AWD).
6.9L V8, 435hp, 440lb-ft. The ultimate muscletruck.

When Kensington released their 456cui 150 CottonMouth in 2004, Dragad had nothing to compete. The CEO was catious about launching a project. She did not think the 431hp V10 powered behemoth would sell like it did. Finally, in 2009 (after the Kensington got bumped to 497hp), Dragad got it’s own supertruck. Complete with car-like handling, AWD and a manual (three things the Kensington didn’t have), it highlited the fact that, other than 2 facelifts, the whole line of kensingtons hadn’t gotten a redesign since 1998. Too bad the redesigned 2013 CottonMouth got a 383cui Supercharged V10 with 594hp.

2003 Kensington R10 CottonMouth Concept
7.5L V10, 431hp, 486lb-ft. We wish it was real.

In 2003, kensington debuted their R10 (Rochester V10) engine in this. 0-60 was a claimed 4.3 seconds. That’s fast for something with under 450hp. Power reached the rear wheels via 6 speed squential-manual. Both body and frame were carbon fiber, and the thing weighed in at 2423lbs (1099kgs), despite the cast iron motor. it sadly never made it too production.

2020 Francisco ReMari V8tt
6.8L TT V8, 1570hp, 1104lb-ft. Roaring Seas.

Re mari translates roughly to “King of Seas”, or “Sea King”. In my opinion, that is far too tame. The ReMari has a top speed of 258mph. It is not only the fastest SUV in the world, but the fastest three row, fastest hatchback, but the third fastest Francisco available. It also has comfort tuned suspension, 8 plush seats, and a big hood scoop. It’s even got 3 times the power of the V12 model. What’s more awesome than that?

I suggest you take closer pics of the cars, and post more than one angle. We’re too far away to see the details!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. What do you think of my cars?

Let me give you some examples. All 3 are my pics.

You have the wasd keys to change your position and the mouse scroll to change your lens angle. This pic is a good balance of both.

This one have the lens too curved and the pic taken too close. The car baloons and we can’t see the far details. It’s ugly but was done on purpose, to simulate a pic taken with a cheap cellphone camera.

This one have an almost flat lens, and is taken from far away. We can see the details, but the car feels too far away. This kind of pic only works when taking shots of a single car, with it centralized, and with the cam closer to it. This is how most of your pics look like. You just need to adjust your distance and lens curvature for the pics to feel more natural. Look at pics from real cars and try to mimic them.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Stay tuned for the GTM 200!

1 Like

Her she is after a long wait- The 1980 Onaria GTM 200!

A $23500 two door coupe bigger than a 5 series, benchmarking an M3, with 193hp and 1066kg curb weight…

In other words I picked the wrong E90 wheelbase and have done too much fixture work to restart with a proper 97.2in wheelbase. Here’s the file, if you want: Onaria_200_-_GTM200.car (35.8 KB)

More Pics

3 Likes

1986-1990 Turbo model

Onaria_200_-_GTM200_Turbo.car (32.4 KB)

221ti/225i “GT-line” 4dr sedan, 5dr wagon, and more traditional 2dr sedan coming soon, along with facelifted 1990 AWD Turbo version.

3 Likes