Ringmasters league

This is a challenge for an all around STREET LEGAL NON EXHORBITANT PRICED SPORTSCAR (Aka not too fancy materials and parts… you can go wild with the rest) you must build a car that meets the requirtements and then race it in Green Hell!

Engine restrictions
Year: 2014 or earlier
Super unleaded fuel
Man Hours: less than 100
Total price: less than 1500
MTBF: 60.000 Kms
Economy: 20% or more
Must be mass produceable
Find the sweetspot. the engine that has the right amount of power, weight and life for the chassis you are going to use

Body restrictions:
year: 2014 or earlier
No quiality sliders
NO CARBON FIBER on any part of the car: everything else goes
Sport compound tires maximum.
at least standard safety.
Car must have headlights, handles, tailights and turn signals.
Maximum downforce: 100kgs

post a screenshot of your car and its ring tim along with the numbers to make sure its legal

Leaderboard

Sportscars

-2014 Dragotec Prometheus prototype ring-spec 7:45.14
-Grandpa: 7:45.87
-Centauri Ultimo 8:08:22
-Centauri Knight GTR 8:43:44

Hatchbacks
iCuteRR 7:45.76
Swift R-Lite 7:59.11
UMMobile: 8:19.21
-Golimar Hermes Omega 8:35.70
-2014 Pampero RS250 8:35.05
-2008 Kobalt SS HO 8:38.18

Sedans

Fmu Cacique Ombohiu’y 8:05:42

MadMobiles

ME Isidis : 7:36.31 *
Intertceptor T/S 7:39.00
Ultima Crusader 7:42.85 *

The asterisk means that at least one aspect of the car or engine isnt within the limitations given

Less than 1500? Blah, that nearly eliminates any turbo powered car.

But you dont hyave displacement limiations or any other thing. I was able to make a 6 cil turbo screamer with 550 hp
219 SSRev0.lua (70.7 KB)

May I suggest a rule of no wings if it’s going to be based on just pictures of a car instead of a downforce limit?

I’d like to to have SOME downforce but I dont want the evil downforce glitch

[quote=“Manche”]

I’d like to to have SOME downforce but I dont want the evil downforce glitch[/quote]

I’m thinking 200 kgs is a bit much for a street sports car. I’d limit it to 100 or 110…something closer to that range at least. Most of the fastest cars in the world are less than 100kg total downforce.

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]

I’d like to to have SOME downforce but I dont want the evil downforce glitch

I’m thinking 200 kgs is a bit much for a street sports car. I’d limit it to 100 or 110…something closer to that range at least. Most of the fastest cars in the world are less than 100kg total downforce.[/quote]

you have a point there… I will cut down downforce limits in half

Here is a refined version of my Centauri Knight, this GTR trim managed a 8 minutes 43.44 seconds in 1992 despite it’s aging platform, low tech pushrod engine and full premium interior options, plus it still gets 21 mpg.
Centauri Knight GTR.zip (28.7 KB)

You can try a stripped down version of that thing

I’ll strip it down and coax a few more hp out of it, maybe get rid of the solid axle, once someone else posts a better time :slight_smile: Till then my comfortable and quiet semi luxury car is leading :slight_smile:

2008 Kobalt SS HO (semi-reproduction of Chevrolet Cobalt SS TC Stage3+, tuned for Super Unleaded fuel) Link to Original
2.0L (1998cc) Aluminum DOHC Turbo I4, 69448km MTBF, 27mpg
Monocoque Galvanized Steel Chassis, Steel Panels,
McPherson Strut Front, Torsion Beam Rear
2-Piston Disc Brakes (310mm FR, 290mm RR), 2.59m (101.9") Wheelbase, 225/35R18, FF

Green Hell Track Time 8:18.08

People scoff at the Chevy Cobalt SS as a non-contender, but it is actually pretty healthy if you check out the link above.

I feel compelled to pul up my weapon… My 2014 Bagual-R-Pegaso which is a standard Bagual with a 8.1 V8 crammed at the front and driviung the 4 wheels and not giving a single fuck about economy

At first I was like “how on earth do you get an 8.1L engine out in less than 100 man hours for less than $1500???” Then I gave it a shot.

I may or may not submit a ridiculously tuned dragstrip monster that wallows its way around the track, threatening to spit you off into the barriers at every corner. Hint: it’ll have well over 1000hp lolololol.

What about we put a minimum of 20% economy before these guys turn it into a racecar competition?

Also, I hate you guys so much for the 1500 limit, but I’ve begun to adapt my Prometheus prototype for this challenge, it already had an aluminium chassis and polymer shell, so why the hell not.
Stripping down all excess weight and increasing cooling, this feels like a proper manufacturer Ring showdown :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Well here it is, with a /very/ cheaped down DI and iron block I managed to get the i630TDS36 to ring spec with a ±100hp gain.

2014 Dragotec Prometheus prototype ring-spec
3.6L iron DOHC 30V turbo
aluminium chassis, polymer shell
Double wishbones all around
4 pots, 355mm front, 350mm back

Green hell time: 7:41:69

[quote=“Dragawn”]What about we put a minimum of 20% economy before these guys turn it into a racecar competition?

[/quote]

Agreed. I thought the intro suggested street legal cars. I kept with the spirit, but I could easily shave off half a ton from my street car and make it full race ready. :wink: I could have also entered something based on my “GT TypeR” ZX1 Turbo, but it isn’t really a “street car”, but more a “production race car”. Didn’t seem fair or in the spriit of:

I don’t think full-blown race setups fit this criteria. 20% efficiency rule seems fair, as it is generally considered a “streetable motor” characteristic, even for large V8 motors. Since there are no year restrictions, and relatively few engine restrictions, 2000+ and DI should make this readily achievable. And to be honest, I don’t know about Europe or other parts of the world, but 98 octane fuel is pretty hard to find where I live! I know it varies around the US, but here in the Southeast, you get 89, 91, and 93 unless you go to one of the few places that does sell higher (at ridiculous costs). They do have e85 fairly readily available, but hardly “on every corner” still! FYI, my engine made about 300hp on 95…

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]
I don’t think full-blown race setups fit this criteria. 20% efficiency rule seems fair, as it is generally considered a “streetable motor” characteristic, even for large V8 motors. Since there are no year restrictions, and relatively few engine restrictions, 2000+ and DI should make this readily achievable. And to be honest, I don’t know about Europe or other parts of the world, but 98 octane fuel is pretty hard to find where I live! I know it varies around the US, but here in the Southeast, you get 89, 91, and 93 unless you go to one of the few places that does sell higher (at ridiculous costs). They do have e85 fairly readily available, but hardly “on every corner” still! FYI, my engine made about 300hp on 95…[/quote]

Here we have 98 octane fuel as delux/premium pretty much at every gas station (in Belgium, and I think in all central Europe where I’ve been) Are you sure you’re talking about RON though, and not AKI? 92 aki would equal to 98 ron octane, so I think that would make more sense.

[quote=“Dragawn”]

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]
I don’t think full-blown race setups fit this criteria. 20% efficiency rule seems fair, as it is generally considered a “streetable motor” characteristic, even for large V8 motors. Since there are no year restrictions, and relatively few engine restrictions, 2000+ and DI should make this readily achievable. And to be honest, I don’t know about Europe or other parts of the world, but 98 octane fuel is pretty hard to find where I live! I know it varies around the US, but here in the Southeast, you get 89, 91, and 93 unless you go to one of the few places that does sell higher (at ridiculous costs). They do have e85 fairly readily available, but hardly “on every corner” still! FYI, my engine made about 300hp on 95…[/quote]

Here we have 98 octane fuel as delux/premium pretty much at every gas station (in Belgium, and I think in all central Europe where I’ve been) Are you sure you’re talking about RON though, and not AKI? 92 aki would equal to 98 ron octane, so I think that would make more sense.[/quote]

Yes, I didn’t think of that conversion. our 91 octane fuel is equivalent to Europe’s 95 octane fuel. Sometimes I hate the US for it’s “special measurements”…

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]

[quote=“Dragawn”]

Here we have 98 octane fuel as delux/premium pretty much at every gas station (in Belgium, and I think in all central Europe where I’ve been) Are you sure you’re talking about RON though, and not AKI? 92 aki would equal to 98 ron octane, so I think that would make more sense.
Yes, I didn’t think of that conversion. our 91 octane fuel is equivalent to Europe’s 95 octane fuel. Sometimes I hate the US for it’s “special measurements”…[/quote]

Change to the metric system already, darnit :laughing:

How about I wait until all the rules and restrictions have been decided until I declare any intention to submit anything. If you’re going to start discussions about what is “in the spirit” or not, then far be it from my intention to disrespect that or ruin things for everyone else, but these are the kind of things that need to be ironed out early or forever keep your peace.

That said, there seems to be a lot of room for interpretation of what constitutes a non pricey street sports car. So the rules seemed pretty broad to account for a range of styles. Keep in mind that while my current suggested build has >1000hp it will probably also tip the scales at about 1600kg. Also keep in mind that there’s no mention as to whether these cars have to be “stock” e.g. it seems quite feasible for a car to originally come with a radio but somebody decided to take it out to save weight etc.

Perhaps the way to balance this out is not to focus purely on the time. We all know what creates a fast time and so really the worth of the car oughtn’t be based purely on the ring time. I don’t know how this ought to be reflected in judging but we all enjoy a good story and imagining what the actual experience of the car might be like… So maybe more of that.

I think then it woul de appropiate to put a limit on fuel consumption and at least standard security…

also I will raise the engine price to if you really want to