Ringmasters league

let’s see some more entries shall we?

Tried to make a 1.6T hot hatch and… it broke the game at the test track. :blush:

Off to the bug reporting area!

Sometimes, the simulation cannot find the right gear, and that will cause an error.

Changed the gearbox ratio aaaaaaaand… it works! Thank you.

So, without further ado, here’s my entry: the Golimar Hermes Omega!

A very lightweight hot hatch, with under 900kg yet featuring standard amenities for those who only want to cruise around.
The 202hp, 1.6-liter turbocharged Noir 4164T delivers good performance in a small, affordable package.

With a time of 8:35.70 on Green Hell, this is not a machine to be underestimated.

Great… Leaderboard updated… I still have the hatchback lead with my heavy but powerful contender

Not anymore muahahahahaha! :slight_smile:

I went back and retuned the engine of the Swift R-Lite, so that it met the economy requirements of 20%. It took quite the hit to the output, but with some retuning, I managed to get the R-lite around the track in a shade under 8 minutes, which was the original goal of the Swift R series.

If you need me to post a screenshot of the engine to prove that it now has an economy of >20% I can edit this post.

i knew it was going to be you…

Well, the Kobalt SS HO is not actually a hatch, but there doesn’t seem to be any *other *small car or compact category. :wink:

Anyway, here is an entry in Sportscars:

2014 SME ZZR32
3.2L I6 Naturally Aspirated
386hp@8200RPM, 278ft-lb@6500RPM
Top Speed: 286 km/h
Weight: 1194 kg
1.21g@87.6 km/h
Standing Quarter-Mile: 11.7 @ 197 km/h
Advanced Safety Features [size=50]Yes, it was 2s faster with Standard, but that isn’t up to SME standards![/size], 2 seat Sports Coupe. 25 mpg
Onlly 2 wings and 2 lips were used in the building of this automobile producing 50.0 kg of downforce at 200 km/h
Green Hell time: 8:12.84
[size=50]Yes, I’m aware this time has already been beat in the Sportscars class. :blush: [/size]

also for a wierd reason I discovered that engines that are too large even if very powerful hurt performance… because there is a weight increment with power or at least engine size (beisdes the mass of the engine) I talk abou that maybe the differential and gearbox also grow in size… maybe… I’m not sure

The gearbox weight scales with engine torque and radiator weight scales with cooling needed (afaik). I think size does not scale.

Aha… That explains why my high powered cars have the weight of a battleship… this really favours light superrevvy powerplants

Cough Excuse me but the Prometheus is a sportscar by the way, not a sedan :laughing:

Corrected… you have the sportscar lead

hi this is 700+hp sport car with awd :smiley:

Well, would you look at that. There was plenty of power left to squeeze from my engine within the rules.

So here it is: the Ringmasters-edition Noir 4164TX!

This means 13 whole seconds off. Still nowhere near the current leader, though.

In the traditional Centauri low tech method, here is a competitor for the sports car class. coming in at 7:46.65 using a pushrod v8, it’s a bit behind the Prometheus but with higher standard features. Ignore the uninspired name I saved it as, please welcome the “Centauri Juggernaut”

Pushrod :open_mouth: Surely Centauri is the master of this technology with results like that!

The asterisk next to my madmobile was bothering me, so I decided I’d release a Ringmasters Spec version of the Crusader. As promised, it makes about 950hp instead of that magical 1000, but the engine efficiency is now exactly 20.00%, and everything else pretty much remains the same in the engine (if I must, I’ll add a screenshot). At the same time, I’ve stripped down the interior, replaced the Bluetooth and all that higgeldypiggeldy with just the most basic of consoles, and the rest of the weight went into a nice rollcage. The mileage improves to a very healthy (lol) 17l/100km (not unlike the fuel consumption of an Aventador, for example), and took the opportunity to retweak the suspension, so that the overall package goes around the 'ring just as quickly as the original 1000hp superbarge:

Therefore this car is (for now) the fastest car around the 'ring that complies with all the rules of this leaderboard :stuck_out_tongue:

A few tweaks puts the lightened Juggernut S right on strop’s heels!

Hate to double post so soon but there’s no replacement for displacement, lowered the redline and stroked the engine out another half liter to 10.6, dropping this new motor into the juggernaut S gives us a new leader!

someone is using big pushrod engines as their weapon… nice… I thought I was going to be the only one