Ringmasters league

Oh strop you wild horsie Xd

Mars Engineering presents the “ME Isidis”

Mars Engineering did a conservative approach, with just one lip and one wing. This may be suboptimal for aero efficiency, but it looks great. As does the new front design. Inspired by a ganxta rappers mouth.

[quote=“mer_at”]Mars Engineering presents the “ME Isidis”

Mars Engineering did a conservative approach, with just one lip and one wing. This may be suboptimal for aero efficiency, but it looks great. As does the new front design. Inspired by a ganxta rappers mouth.

http://666kb.com/i/cofpk8mmnvx5prj4g.jpg[/quote]

all nice and dandy except for 2 things 1) your engine is going to overheat and commitsuicide during the race and 2) its too thirsty.

:3

it’s supposed to run hot. that’s part of the aero efficiency. the engine will still last long enough.
gas mileage? that’s that. :slight_smile:

racing exhaust manifold and 335mm tyres, really mer at, really? Gosh, so far with production cars :laughing:
Also, could I see the brake fade on that car? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:
The only manufacturer I could find who produces 335mm tyres is Michelin with semi-slicks (30 height) :laughing:

idealo.de/preisvergleich/Off … OE8VHhxmQ7

252€ for the cheapest 335/30R20 - and it’s a michelin. That’s a bargain!!!

Of you want other tires, there are plenty to choose from: idealo.de/preisvergleich/Pro … OE8VHhxmQ7

Racing Manifold? So what. They are cheap: ilmotorsport.de/shop/article … 26f2df3ba#

Brake fade? Maybe a little. :wink:

It’s kind of liberating not thinking about just going as fast as possible given the parameters, and trying out different layouts. As some of you may remember, I did a presentation on the FF hot hatches.

So here’s a revamped version of the Swift R-spec, with a much cheaper, easier to produce block than the original high quality Eco R-spec block (that puts out even more power with a little tuning ingenuity, though suffers from greater turbo lag as a result).

The chassis too is a bit cheaper (all quality sliders set to 0), though I did opt for aluminium chassis.

Once again, everything has been set to standard, so you won’t be lacking for the basics. The wheels are still pretty chunky, because they have to be to handle nearly 500hp going through the FRONT wheels alone*. This would be a pretty darn scary FF hatch to take around the 'Ring! And all for less than a Golf GTI, let alone R (though probably lacking most of the build refinement and certainly not as comfy… but who cares, this thing does the 'Ring in well under 8 minutes!)

*Note: making this car AWD confers minimal advantage due to significant increase in weight.

And you’ll be pleased to note that not being a super V8 barge, it still gets 21mpg AND breaks 300km/h. Crazy huh?

[quote=“mer_at”]http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/512793_-pilot-sport-ps2-335-30-zr20-104y-michelin.html;jsessionid=fOOE8VHhxmQ7

252€ for the cheapest 335/30R20 - and it’s a michelin. That’s a bargain!!!

Of you want other tires, there are plenty to choose from: idealo.de/preisvergleich/Pro … OE8VHhxmQ7

Racing Manifold? So what. They are cheap: ilmotorsport.de/shop/article … 26f2df3ba#

Brake fade? Maybe a little. :wink:[/quote]

The ones you’ve shown are either semi slicks or offroad tyres :laughing:
And that exhaust manifold is a long one with a race tag on it, besides, Automation says it by itself: No mass production since each manifold is made by hand.

Also, good car Strop, that grip, it’s sorcery! I guess it’s very neutral in handling? :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit: I just realised that there’s something as torque steer…with 500 hp :laughing: Better get longitudinal FWD on it when it comes out.

Yeah its a problem I have in the back of my mind which I hope to rectify once the appropriate features come out. Also one of the big reasons not to get a mazda3 mps…

In this case surprisingly for a transverse ff it otherwise has a marvellously neutral handling characteristic. This said I’m quite aggressive with the negative camber so most likely the tyres would wear out much faster :confused:

Here’s a modern 2 seater sports car from Centauri, the Ultimo, designed with the high class German coupes in mind, it’s equiped with a luxury interior, premium entertainment, a full driver aid suite, and advanced safety features, along with enough soundproofing that even at 9000 rpms the 400hp straight 6 motor is a pleasant background roar that the radio can drown out, if for some reason you wanted to. In roughly 8.08 minutes around the ring it shows off it’s sporting characteristics yet it still offers a soft ride and returns 21mpg (us) in use on everyday roads.

I think we have enough entries for some sort of leaderboard now! :slight_smile:

gonna see if I can separate the cars into categories

Yeah, I can see we have V8 Muscle, hot hatches, sports sedans and coupes and luxury vehicles…

… could you pretty please just bite the bullet and open up a “completely batshit insane race cars” category, so we can separate entries from those nutjobs who want to do things like that (i.e. people like me) out? :stuck_out_tongue: Or would you prefer to keep that away from this thread and for me to create an entirely different leaderboard for that?

Leaderboard In place!
And I think its time to present my own contenders I will start with the hatchbacks

Thanks Manche.

I assume that only the times that are being posted on this thread are the ones that follow the requirements as set out in the original post?

If that’s the case, I may still open another thread along the same rules as the Airfield and Automation Test track leaderboards (which have an unrestricted “race” class and much looser rules with regards to the “production” class), just for consistency’s sake.

[quote=“strop”]Thanks Manche.

I assume that only the times that are being posted on this thread are the ones that follow the requirements as set out in the original post?

If that’s the case, I may still open another thread along the same rules as the Airfield and Automation Test track leaderboards (which have an unrestricted “race” class and much looser rules with regards to the “production” class), just for consistency’s sake.[/quote]

Be my guest :3

I present My contender for the ring masters. The Mk3 Pampero… but in limited edition RS250

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp … mpare1=yes

Not semi-slic. They exist.

Viper rear tires.
tirerack.com/tires/TireSearc … unFlat=All

At first I was like “hey I thought my cars did meet the requirements!” But now I see that economy of 20% is a requirement too. In the modern era that’s fair enough.

[quote=“RobtheFiend”]http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport&partnum=43YR0PSS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Not semi-slic. They exist.

Viper rear tires.
tirerack.com/tires/TireSearc … unFlat=All

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp … mpare1=yes[/quote]

Michelin Pilot Super Sport ARE semi-slicks :laughing:
So is the PS2

Bridgestone Potenza is too.

Just because they don’t explicitly say it’s a semi-slick doesn’t mean it isn’t one. :slight_smile: