Sedan/Estate Thread

I’m going to have to improvise for the B9 I think - find a body which is less boxy that I can shoehorn a 90s body onto

Here’s my take on it:

It’s a simplistic design, but it works well enough for the era, and I have left the morphs and trim settings as they were.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t want to see that flying up the inside lane of the Autobahn in the mid 80s. Lean, mean and the farthest thing from green

2000 Zender Yokai GTS-4 (05' Gunsai D1GP)

I mean it IS a sedan, powered by a twin turbo straight 6 putting out over 500hp to the rear wheels this sports sedan has been turned into a proper drift car.

8 Likes

RIGEL TINTO SEDAN 1998

One year after the launch of the Rigel Tinto hatchback 5 and 3-door, the Rigel Tinto Sedan reaches the European and Latin American markets. Starting from the same base as the Tinto mk2, the manufacture of a 5-door saloon with a classic aesthetic hatchback has been achieved and that will compete against heavyweights such as the Renault Megane Classic, Opel Astra Sedan and other compact sedans of the time.

This 5-door sedan will come to the European market with three versions of equipment, in which we find more affordable models such as the classic “Young” and the top-of-the-range called “Dynamic”. It will mount the same family of engines as the Tinto hatchback and this will have a wide catalog of diesel and gasoline engines. The strongest point of the sedan with respect to the Tinto range, is its greater trunk capacity as it is a three-volume and has a large tailgate, thus increasing the cargo capacity of the trunk and turning it into a car more spacious for a family.

6 Likes

Thanks! It inspired me to create this: the 1992 WM Deus 720R. The model itself was introduced in 1990, but this trim came out two years later.

You wouldn’t want to meet one (or more) of these in a dark alley, would you? Especially in gloss black, with color-coded wheels to match the paintwork - the perfect choice for a contemporary film or TV villain looking to scare anyone who dares to stand in their way.

This is a true hyper-saloon, powered by an all-alloy (Al/Si block/heads) DOHC 48V 7.2L V12 developing a staggering 525 horsepower, sent to the rear wheels via either a six-speed manual gearbox or, as on this example, a five-speed automatic, in both cases with a geared LSD to put all that power down.

With the 5-speed automatic gearbox, it’s enough to propel this two-ton behemoth to 207 mph, with a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds - staggering figures for 1992, and enough to outrun all but the fastest supercars of the decade. The six-speed manual version is even faster to 60 (by 0.4 seconds) and gains an extra 3 mph of top speed, but at the expense of drivability and comfort.

Thanks to wide high-performance tires, fully active suspension and a functional aero kit, as well as large ABS-assisted vented disc brakes gripped by multi-piston callipers, it also has the handling and braking abilities to match its immense thrust - even on a winding road, you won’t feel short-changed by its dynamics.

Interior

The interior of the Deus 720R is hand-built to customers’ request, and incorporates such amenities as a top-flight sound system (complete with 8 speakers, AM/FM radio, cassette tape and CD players), the highest-quality genuine wood, leather, and metal trim, fold-out picnic tables, dual-zone climate controls (including rear-seat air vents), 4 individual power-adjustable heated and cooled seats, four hidden cup holders (2 front, 2 rear), an in-car cell phone, a refrigerated beverage compartment between the rear seats, and dual front airbags.

I finished this build well before the deadline for QFC23 - Mafioso Motoring [Open!]; alas, long before it was done, I had already submitted something else - the recently revised AMS Ventnor V12 - on the grounds that it provided more comfort (which was of greater importance than nearly anything else in that round), even though it wasn’t as fast in a straight line.

5 Likes

@r4xworld @bez Welcome my friends, you did GREAT for first timers :slight_smile: Try to get more details such as wipers, washer sprayers, vents, antennas, blinkers/side markers, mirrors, etc. Doing gteat :+1:

As if the Deus 720R wasn’t mental enough…

Meet the Deus 720X - a leaner, meaner version of the 720R.

Its uprated engine develops 575 horsepower and 560 lb-ft of torque, thanks to individual throttle bodies, tubular headers and a high-flow 3-way catalytic converter.

Lowered, retuned suspension makes the 720X even sharper and nimbler in the corners than before.

Unlike the standard 720R, a 6-speed manual transmission is the only option on the 720X - there is no automatic version.

Visually, the 720X is distinguished by blacked-out light lenses, large dual exhaust pipes (instead of a quartet of smaller outlets) and slightly larger front and rear spoilers.

Top speed improves to a frankly ridiculous 217 mph, with the 0-60 time decreasing to 4.0 seconds.

In short, if Darth Vader were a car, it would be one of these - in gloss black with matching wheels, brake calipers and interior.

3 Likes

I’m trying to make an 80s JDM sedan/wagon that will basically be the 3rd generation of my Premio Hussar line of mid-sized cars. The production run for the 3rd gen runs from 1982-1988, however I can’t find a bodystyle that really fits this sort of theme. Any help?

The 1980 E90 Corolla-esque body sets (specifically, the ones with a 2.47m wheelbase) could be considered if you’re into that sort of thing.

So… when is the Hyper-Estate variant coming?

Or even worse…

You should put that mega-SUV here instead - and your reference to a hyper-estate version of the Deus brings this to mind.

1 Like

Breda 240
For a post-war consumer car that is cheap, easy to own, capable, and looks good.

What do you think?

7 Likes

Hey, can y’all please guess the age and country of origin of this car so I can see if I did well with it?

1 Like

I think it’s a 80s model, and makes me think it’s an American/Japanese collaboration a la Chrysler/Mitsubishi.

Thank you! Does it look more early, mid, or late 80s to you, my main worry.

I’d say mid 80s to my eye. Hard to ignore the body reminding me of a Hachi Roku.

1 Like

That’s fair. Thanks a bunch!

1988 Premio Hussar 2.4

The 1988 Premio Hussar 2.4 was the first model of the 4th generation of Premio Hussar cars. This new generation brought significant changes to the car’s design, including more curvy styling that was a departure from the boxy, angular look of its predecessors. The 2.4 model was powered by a 2.4 liter inline 4 engine that delivered a balance of power and fuel efficiency. This mid-sized car was available in a variety of body styles and trims, including sedan, coupe, wagon and notably; liftback. With its sleek new design and improved performance, the 1988 Premio Hussar 2.4 set the stage for a new era of Hussar cars.

4 Likes

2012 Dragad Lancaster GT/LS and Salem LS

Dragad is an American auto manufacturer known for building cheap family cars and cheaper trucks, owned by DAC. FOr a long time, the most important money-making vehicle was, undoubtedly, the midsized (D-segement) family sedan. As of 2012, Dragad makes three two: The Salem for North America and the Lancaster for Europe and Austrailia and the LS-3, which you have never heard of, for China, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and South America. The Salem and Lancaster are based on the same platform, with the same wheelbase and many of the same parts.

What you may not know is, with the 2012 facelift, both areavailable as fire-breathing sportscars, carrying the historic LS moniker, with allgrip™ AWD.

The Lancaster GT/LS is powered by a 2.9L twin-turbocharged version of the common “Beta” 90-degree V6, sending power to all four wheels through an 8-speed twin-clutch. It also has active swaybars, electrocically-controlled limited slip differentials, and dual exhaust, getting to 100 kmh in 5.3 seconds.

Gallery

The Salem LS was originally planned to use a 5.0L or 5.7L version of the venerable Dʀᴀɢᴀᴅ “Aʟᴘʜᴀ” Sᴍᴀʟʟ Bʟᴏᴄᴋ, but instead the decided to use a naturally aspirated 4.7L version of the DOHC “Beta” V8, normally used in twin-turbo format by DAC’s Solier and Oaking divisions. It has all the same goodies as the Lancaster GT/LS, but in a much more American way. It makes sixty in 5.1 seconds, and has a hoodbulge bigger than Donald Trump’s ego.

Gallery

Dragad Salem 4.7 AWD LS Dragad Lancaster Tourer 2.9T AWD GT/LS
Wheelbase (in) 109.45 109.45
Length (in) 181.65 181.31
Width (in) 74.19 74.19
Weight (lb) 4265.7 4221.7
Cargo Volume (L) 348 1400
Passenger Volume (L) 3510 3400
Price (AMD) 35500 36800
0-60 (s) 5.11 5.34
Top Speed(mph) 194 179
60-0 (ft) 113 115