Sell on Monday, Win on Sunday [Finished]

I’m curious to see the results VicVictory :wink:

This will be the Znopresk lineup for the challenge.

[size=150]1.4 Prima ECO[/size]
The 1.4 Prima ECO it’s the perfect choice for commuters all around the world.
With a very little fuel consumption this mid range Zap! need less than 5 liters to cover 100km in full comfort thanks to the progressive springs, monotube dampers and automatic gearbox.
A very flat torque and power curve means that you always have the 70 hp always available, in every gear and at every speed.

[size=150]2.0 TOP ZRP[/size]
The 2.0 TOP ZRP it’s the most expensive Zap! available.
The Znopresk Reparto Performance were able to squeeze more than 180 horsepower from the same ZL4.4C-2014 block that is used also for the 1.4 Prima ECO.
The massive sportiness gain didn’t sacrifice the great drivability of the 1.4 liter version too much, but surely the 5l/100km fuel consumption is now very far away.
Leather interior with bucket seats will help you to deal with the firmer setup suspension and increase the road feel.

[size=150]ZRP TROPHY[/size]
With ZRP Trophy the Reparto Performance went wild, pushing the ZL4.4C-2014 up to its limit. We can just say that we are over 100hp/liter.
According to the specs we are under 900kg of weight and we are expecting a decent performance.
The racing setup it’s probably not completed yet, but the car should be competitive and it can be fixed later on.

Definitely entering this one.

Trying to decide whether I want an I4 that revs to heaven (a la Honda B18C) or a small-displacement V6 that revs to heaven (a la Mazda KF-ZE); also struggling to quit my CR-X addiction.

I will enter the challenge with a 3 door hatchback. Probably not the most practical car, but i’ll give it a go.

The Eco version is based on the basic version of the model “Ct”, featuring (as standard in all range): Inline 4 dohc 16v catalysed, standard safety and power steering. This test model was also fitted with a basic cassette player, and metalic grey color (both optional).

The sport version has the same engine, here with a sporty 1.8lt MPI developing 134 hp. 0-100 in 8.1s and 206 km/h top speed. ABS + 14" alloy wheels + standard cassette player as standard. Dark metalic grey paint is optional.

The racing version features an 2.0lt with 230hp and racing features lol.

Wow. Those look awesome haha, I will have to up my game. Two headlights per car!

The Northern Motor Company presents you, the 1993 NMC Lynx.

The first model is the GS model, with a 1.2L SOHC 16V engine that should give great fuel economy and decent power for its category.

The second model is the RS model, with a detuned 2.0L racing V6. It is proper fast, although care is reccomended while driving in order to not destroy the front tires.

And the last one, from the same group that brought you the NMC Lynx ST4 Group A, the Lynx RR. With its 2.0L V6 tuned for all out racing, its slick tires and aero package, it should hopefully get very good times on the track. [size=50]Except if someone found something a magic trick that I don’t know.[/size]

I’m really enjoying the way everyone makes sure that the different models are well-distinguished visually. And I especially like @8bs’s lineup. Love the designs of those cars. :smiley:

On an unrelated note, though: I have mixed feelings about people posting specific details about their cars (e.g. horsepower numbers). On the one hand, it gives the people who are still working on their designs an idea of what they should consider competitive, which - if their initial design wouldn’t have been - could be either an advantage or a source of discouragement. On the other hand, it’s really fun flavor for people reading the thread. But on the gripping hand, it makes me more and more convinced that I’m totally going to be knocked out of the running before the BROBOT races. :stuck_out_tongue:

For horsepower numbers IMHO it depends, because it is just a number that happens to affect the stats that will be judged.

If you say your Eco variant has 70hp, it doesn’t tell me if it is good or not, it depends on how you made it. A 70hp 1.3L 16V engine is probably a much better choice than a 2.0L OHV or 2.0L DOHC V6 making the same amount of power.

Same thing with the sporty trim. If you say your sporty version has over 200 hp for example, which is definitively doable, it still doesn’t mean much, as the way the power was achieved and the other things around the engine will also have a big effect.

For example, I have about as much power in my sporty trim as NormanVauxhall, but since I have an NA V6 and he has a Turbo I4, I wouldn’t be surprised if my driveability and fuel consumption were better.

The stats that IMHO should not be shared, would be the main 5 stats, as well as track times for the race car.

Same here, as much as I’d like to think I’m good, I doubt my cars will make it far :laughing:

[quote=“Packbat”]I’m really enjoying the way everyone makes sure that the different models are well-distinguished visually. And I especially like @8bs’s lineup. Love the designs of those cars. :smiley:
[/quote]

I am liking the effort that people are putting onto their cars, it makes me very happy to see a well thought-out car in my inbox :slight_smile:

I’m a bit “meticulous” with the visuals, but the technical stuff is more important of course. I hope my car turns at least…decent and competitive!! lol

TrackpadUser is right. Power itself doesn’t mean that much! The main stats will be revealed in it’s time.

Everybody should build their cars: 1) having fun; 2) the way you think that they should be!

Who have said turbo? :slight_smile:

Ups, I wrongly assumed that you were running a 1.3L turbo. :laughing:

In that case you might have a more driveable engine, as it possibly has a nicer torque curve.

Presenting the 1993 Bogliq Kitten!!! :sunglasses:

No idea how well I’ll go but if I make it past the first cull I’ll chalk this one up as a winner! :stuck_out_tongue:

TM invites you to test our newest car. The Impressive. Which we where totally not forced to make by new government ‘eco’ regulations or the fact we want in on the WRC.

The RX is our entry level model. It’s cheap and we hope we sell loads so we can make more Song GTs.

Global. Rally. Xtreme.

Did we also mention that we nearly rioted when the WRC removed AWD.

No?

We we did.

Speaking of TMR, we let them lose on the GRX for our WRC entry, and here it is.

That body’s way too close to RM’s. I will have to talk to legal about this.

TMR’s legal team invites RM’s legal team to fall down some stairs.

Wow, so many of these designs look so good! Mine’s kind of a bit more minimalistic, and maybe some might catch the references I made to a certain hatch of the early 90s… I submitted my car a while ago, but didn’t have any time to reveal it, so here it is in brief:

Armada Motors had always been committed to building sportier. Sportier than the next competitor, with more power, sharper handling, for the same price, even if it meant at the expense of comfort and reliability. Their uncompromising commitment to advancing valvetrain technology won them fans in motorsport and a cult following of revheads, but they never turned much of a profit, and their financial balance was further endangered by some questionable engineering choices in other departments, particularly the 3 speed slushbox in the Feltram, which was only heroically salvaged by the ultra ridiculous final iteration, EVO RallyX.

Redemption came in their swift response to the emergence of the Hot Hatch market, starting with the Fore GTi, released in the early 80s. Designed as a Golf beater, the Fore GTi used the latest in Armada’s valve technology, coupled with the carburetted turbo combination made famous by their original hardcore roadster from two decades earlier, the Talon, to make an impressive 180hp. Unlike many of its emerging competitors, Armada refused to invest in mechanical injection, due to its complexity and expense, but understood that the day of the carb was rapidly coming to a close. Nonetheless, the Fore’s engine was a properly feisty powerplant, and they were able to cash in and win a bit of breathing room… until the economic crisis struck.

Suddenly, after decades of sense-defying stubborness, Armada had only two choices left to them: adapt to the mass market, or go under. The Fore was their obvious choice to revamp and refresh, but for the first time, it needed multiple trims for multiple types of consumer.

Introducing, then, the:

True to form, the Fore Gen.II’s standout feature was once again in the advanced valvetrain tech, namely, the incorporation of VVL and VVT… :stuck_out_tongue: This was a daring choice to make, especially given that Armada sneakily chose to use the same engine family across all three trims. Only instead of the full 1998cc as in the GTi and Rallye trims, the ‘Birdie’ was destroked and debored to a much more economical (and lighter) 1.3L, tuned to give a flat torque curve and better economy. As for the Rallye version… all I can say about that is VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!

[quote=“Chiwie”]

TMR’s legal team invites RM’s legal team to fall down some stairs.[/quote]

How rude and unprofessional. Also the stairs protect me, I am safe here!

[quote=“strop”]

[attachment=0]Somwom-strop-ForeGen2 - Eco-Birdie-1.png[/attachment][/quote]

Only 255hp on the race model? You disappoint!

That’s nearly as much as one can get out of a (square) 2.0L NA 4 pot. I was disappointed too, since a 1.3L turbo was good for at least 333hp… but the penalty to drivability was so harsh it would have destroyed my average cornering speeds as per the BROBOT calculations. I like going fast around corners as well as straights :stuck_out_tongue:

Until I saw some of the other cars I thought I had a chance :smiley: . I’m aware the design is a bit basic but I tried to focus on performance a little more (the best I could), so I present the,

[size=150]The 1993 Griffin Chawaraeon Bach:[/size]