Sell on Monday, Win on Sunday [Finished]

Total cost of the car.

Did try to make 3 cars twice.
The first time i had to chose a different model, while i already had 2 Trims -> everything fucked up.

Then i deleted everything (even all other models), and started a new and clean car.
Made 3 Trims with 3 different Engine trims. Saved everything.
Now they wont load anymore, some fancy lua error.

Did i say that i hate that stupid saving system?

No, it saves fine. It just saves the wrong ****ing thing, so when I go to load the car again I get a ton of LUA errors.

mer_atā€™s apparently going through the same thing I did, but I canā€™t file a bug report because I have no idea how to reproduce it other than ā€œtry to make a car for the Sell on Monday, Win on Sunday competitionā€.

Thereā€™s something funny happening with the multiple fixture tabs - if I change something on the model family and skip to the Trim tab without going through all the Model tabs first, I get different numbers. I donā€™t know if that has something to do with it.

If youā€™ve changed fixtures (wings, vents etc.) or morph in the trim tab of the model section, then you will have to select that tab before moving onto the other sections, otherwise the game wonā€™t load your new fixtures. Iā€™ve tripped myself up multiple times forgetting to do that because the game didnā€™t load my extra wings or hood scoop and threw the calculations off, or the arches didnā€™t flare and the game couldnā€™t compute the wheel size.

I sincerely donā€™t understand how those errors happen. Iā€™ve had a ton of entries with bugs, missing files, or not compatible files, yet I never got those errors myself, unless I did something completely out of the normal game routine. Which, by the way, would be: choose a body, choose the chassis materials and suspensions, design the main car, make a trim, copy it, make the changes necessary for the second trim, copy that one, and then change things for the third trim. If I click the first tab, without changing the others, or change the suspension type half the way through, yes, I get a bug, but otherwise the game should work well enough.

I did run into some saving issues after importing another car from another player. Once I deleted the offending files and built the car from scratch (also aided by a clean install), things ironed out pretty alright.

@Leonardo9613: The problem is, going back to the Model tab to change the body panel quality (for example) is a part of normal play. It shouldnā€™t crash out the game, but [edit: given the way it causes strangenesses in the Trim tabs, Iā€™m betting] it does.

Actually, another problem I noticed working on this build: the tyre width/offset was incredibly and bewilderingly flaky. I donā€™t know what changed.

That is what I meant, several imported cars have had bugs, yet I havenā€™t had the issues with cars I made myself. This is what Iā€™m doing with the entries that have issues, I ask the person to save and export again and I delete all the files manually on the Mygames/automation folder, because the game doesnā€™t delete them.

[quote=ā€œPackbatā€]@Leonardo9613: The problem is, going back to the Model tab to change the body panel quality (for example) is a part of normal play. It shouldnā€™t crash out the game, but [edit: given the way it causes strangenesses in the Trim tabs, Iā€™m betting] it does.
[/quote]

Could be, it isnā€™t a part of my normal car building procedures, so that might be a reason why it doesnā€™t affect me. And it is something that, for the time being, should be avoided. Anyway, if the intended flow is followed, I canā€™t see how the errors could happen, thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to say.

Iā€™m guessing the thing to do is, when changing anything in the Model section, go to the trim-fixture tab in that section before going to any other section.

Did mine have an issue?

No, it did not. It was alright. If it had an error, I would have PMā€™d you back.

Ignore my stupidity.

(edited message)

Pick the ā€œtransverseā€ engine optionā€¦

[quote=ā€œHellBoyBGā€]

Pick the ā€œtransverseā€ engine optionā€¦[/quote]

That might help XD

I didnā€™t realize it was that simple, thanks. :3

Just a quick note: due to the lack of consistency on my humour and my judgement, I decided to ignore the aesthetics for the score of the cars. It will continue to be a criteria on the more subjective written test, though.

Thank dog for that. My car, which emulated the fugly as hell round cheap looking car of the mid 90s (see Ford Festiva), would not have stood a chance. I do expect a right proper roasting, should it make it to the reviews :stuck_out_tongue:

But I quite like the way your car looksā€¦

It certainly fits the era well and would be considered good looking back then.

I should have seen that coming, in retrospect, given the difference in our tastes with regard to the stuff I normally build :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œLeonardo9613ā€]But I quite like the way your car looksā€¦

It certainly fits the era well and would be considered good looking back then.[/quote]

I second this motionā€¦

When I saw your car Strop I thought ā€œBetter looking than mine, same drivetrain thinking as mine and a master of making a car go fast; Iā€™m doomed!ā€ :laughing:

But, since my apparent strategy is to just scrape in above the cut-offs, Iā€™m hoping to still be in the running, :laughing: :smiley: