[SIDE QUEST] The Big Balls Run ('84 Edition) AUTOBEAM

I made a mistake...

Vicenza 208 SGTO

Oh no our rally car ended up being a competitive supercar oh no!!

11 Likes
Zephorus Autos

Presents

The Big Balls

Refined driving experiance

5.1Litre N/A V12 producing 427 horsepower
Rear wheel driven through a 5 speed manual box

You gotta have balls to drive this thing. Big ones.

Fuck you it fits in the price range

Collectible!

LHC5_-Riley-_Zephorus_GGX.car|attachment (133.7 KB)

17 Likes

I was wondering how you make this stuff, is it just HTML? I want to know because i forgot the name of it and i want to use it for the next challenge.

its CSS

1 Like

Thanks, good to know.

Here’s a thread to guide you on it:

2 Likes

Absolutely mental (in a good way). This is certainly one of the best uses of the Bolide mod body I’ve ever seen - it can accommodate large longitudinally mounted engines, something that the '70 308 body simply cannot do. Speaking of which:

That makes the 208 SGTO the most faithful replica of a 288 GTO I’ve seen on these forums to date.

2 Likes

Its not the bolide mod. Im almost sure that its actually the 308 body, but i dont know ferraris that well.

EDIT: Sorry, i misread. My fault, sorry!

Also, @ChemaTheMexican the car is good for BB. Good luck!

3 Likes

Tight, and yeah, its the 308 modified to look like a 288

2 Likes

Corrrction: IIRC it was the Zephorus GTS that used the Bolide mod body and not the 208.

Also: @Riley you seem to be using a single throttle body with a compact intake configuration - is this for budget reasons? At any rate such a setup is not as powerful as a standard mid intake with one or two throttle bodies, but it’s quieter and hence more comfortable.

3 Likes

@abg7 I would like to of thought it was for size reasons, originally the car coming with a V8, sticking a v12 in there means considerably less room. I don’t think it made too much difference to the whole thing, and as engineering wasn’t being judged.
It is indeed still a full fat racecar, it has premium interior and entertainment, progressive suspension and a quiet ish engine correct.

My logic behind that was beam tends to handle heavier cars slightly better, so at around 1200kgs it’ll be easier to handle than something around 1050

3 Likes

Auburn VJ-SV12 Lynx

“OI MATE, HAV YOU GOT YOUR TELLY LICENSE? NO? GO TO HELL YOU DUMBARSE”

Stats

5.7L all-aluminum DOHC V12
400hp @ 6100rpm
511Nm @ 4900rpm
278 km/h
0-100 in 5.9 seconds
Tuned by Lynx Motor Works, Surrey

7 Likes

I’m surprised that so little “luxury” cars have entered. Makes sense though.

3 Likes

My first reaction to the Lynx was “Jag XJ on steroids, courtesy of Lister”. At any rate, if it were black, it would be a nice choice for an action film villain. From the looks of it, you used the long-wheelbase (~3.1m) version of the 70s luxury sedan body. And given its power output and more aggressive styling, it looks and feels like a Big Balls entrant, albeit one that’s more luxurious than the supercars that dominate the class.

2 Likes

BB - CRAIG MOTORS - PROTOTYPE 84

Tuning by Laci, design by me.

NOTE: Yes, it has 1 seat. mechanically it has 2 though. To make up for it i put a bed next to the driver seat.

4 Likes

Hey, I won’t complain. Fitting two people in the Sidekicker would be a real pain (Thank you, Automation, for your massive chassis wheel cutouts) but I wanted to put two seats in the car, even if it’s more like a 1+1 in that respect. I mean, it’s not like the cabin’s going to be pleasant anyway with a giant V12 sitting next to you.

3 Likes

This time its my own fault. I accidentally made the doors way too thick (for fuel i guess) and had no space left for another full seat.

2 Likes

I week till the deadline. Anyone still working on cars?

nope

1 Like

The 228 Cubic inch V8 Transom

5 Likes