[SIDE QUEST] The Big Balls Run ('84 Edition) AUTOBEAM

Im not sure what im going to make yet. At least 1 van in the plan though

For the MB car, would it be reasonable to take a standard car with some modifications, but not as crazy as the BB car, into it? Or is MB only for sportscars?

1 Like

Go for it. I dont know why i came up with the stuff i came up with. Basically, SB is fast, MB is very fast and BB is extremely fast, but the stuff i wrote down is what i mostly recommend.

2 Likes

(Insert Evil Laugh Here)

Yeah, not as fast as it looks, but… Definitely fun to build.

3 Likes

Got an “MB” done here. I call it the Sabot

I gotta do some Beam suspension tuning, but its 34k, 262HP out of a big Flat 6.

So @Djadania clarify for me please, how many entries are we allowed? One per class?

4 Likes

In other words, no more than one car per class.

3 Likes

Basically what ABG said. 1 max per class, so 3 cars total are allowed if you enter in BB, MB and SB. Also, looks like an adequate MB car so far.

2 Likes

Forgive me if it’s written somewhere else, but what are the rules regarding wings/spoilers/lips? Can I have as many as I want as long as they’re on the car and clearly visible, or is there a limit?

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought about that, thanks for bringing it up. I would say yes, i would want them to be visible if possible. No limit, just behave yourselves with that kind of stuff. You most likely wont be hitting high enough speeds a lot of the time anyways, remember that these aren’t race tracks.

2 Likes

As for advanced trim settings, I think we should be able to use them, but in moderation - in other words, we mustn’t go too crazy with them.

2 Likes

Yes, of course. Was just thinking about forgetting to limit that stuff, but its fine. Its a lot of the part of this challenge, controlling yourself. I’d like to be asked for if people change suspensions and wheels and that kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Well… I moved my engine from under the hood to sitting next to the driver… I hope that’s still okay.

2 Likes

Here’s my planned BB entry - the AMS Saker V12 - and it’s a proper supercar/GT with attitude. I went for aluminum panels because it’s a supercar, so I thought “why not?”

The front end draws inspiration from the Testarossa and 288 GTO, even though the Saker is actually front-engined (albeit with the engine set far enough back for it to be front-mid-engined).

The rear end reminds me somewhat of a DeLorean DMC-12, but I added a rear wing for both looks and performance.

There’s a digital instrument panel on the inside - it fits the trends of the '80s very well indeed.

This is what took up most of my budget - an all-aluminum DOHC 48v V12 displacing 5.0 liters. It left me with no room for the luxury interior/stereo I had originally intended to use, but I still had some cash left over for a premium interior/cassette combo.

All in all, the Saker is a very formidable performer on paper, even in stock form, but how well will it perform on the track? I’ll just have to wait and see.

3 Likes

Bruh, my wifi went out and i didnt refresh, i missed hours of stuff without noticing. Sorry for that

2 Likes

Small Balls - Studetto Rosso Panda with modifications

The Rosso Panda features a naturally asparated 3.0 L “Stussa” engine with high performance carburetors installed, an adjusted compression ratio and richer fuel mix and a performance exhaust, coming in with an impressive 250 bhp. The “Stusso” engine has a very prgressive power delivery, with good mid-high range power and torque, making it swift but not overly difficult to drive.

Further modifications to the exterior include a large racing spoiler, F1 style side skirts, wide body kit, a front lip, stiff racing springs, rear anti roll bar, peformance dampers and sports compound tyres. This makes the car incredibly good round corners. We chose to install performance grade dampers instead of racing ones because public roads tend to be more bumpy in nature, and full racing dampers would hamper the drivability of the car.

On the inside, a roll cage is equipped, improving the rigidity of the car, and the power is transmitted through a gated 5 speed manual. Regular seats are equipped to make the driver more comfortable during the long hours behind the wheel.

This paticular version is a one off for the Big Balls Run, known as the ZigZag Panda, due to the Italian textiles manufacturers logo on the car, or the wide Panda. The car got tested once around the backroads of Utah, and the drivers said that the modifications made the car feel somewhere between a race car and a tarmac rally car, meaning they found the car fast round the bends but allowing for plenty of slip when losing control.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, big news and advice needed. Ive got the current versions of the time trials done.
I need to know if they are good enough for the challenge, and if i need to make any drastic changes or completely scrap them. Yes, west coast is meant to be very hard and thin.
No, im not posting Distric R publicly yet, its not ready, but the time trial on it is done.
Please give advice! They dont have pictures btw, so just know that.
bbr_pack.zip (1010.2 KB) (West coast and Utah)
Also, did the forums go down yesterday?

Yeah, the forums were out for a bit. Seems a discourse update upset it for a while.

2 Likes

Would the tamer street version of a group B rally car be more suited in MB or BB (generally)?

2 Likes

For BB you could enter a Group B car if it fit the rules, but for MB i would suggest not doing that. Maybe a modified homologation version or a group 4 car would be more appropriate.

2 Likes

Quick question, For MB, would essentially a buick GNX be a good choice or did I just corner myself?

2 Likes