Skid plates

An offroad undertray selection… AKA skid plates

Small bonus to Off-road, adds a bit of weight, and maybe a small benifit to frame stiffness.

Good suggestion, easily doable. We’ll consider it!

That’s what I like to hear!

Any idea when solid front axles and 2 speed transfer cases are implemented?

Add portal axles to that list while you’re at it.

The thing with portal axles is that they aren’t really seen outside of military vehicles and other vehicles designed to be used exclusively off-road like the Unimog.

Only civilian road vehicles I can think of that come out of the factory with them are the Hummer H1 and the G-Wagen 6x6.

Even being in the off-road category, I have only seen maybe a handful of H1’s, and one Unimog, none of which I have seen on trail.

Even as far as axle swaps, I haven’t seen any portal axles in use.

But who knows we are planning on going to Moab in the next couple of years, we might see some in use there.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]The thing with portal axles is that they aren’t really seen outside of military vehicles and other vehicles designed to be used exclusively off-road like the Unimog.

Only civilian road vehicles I can think of that come out of the factory with them are the Hummer H1 and the G-Wagen 6x6.[/quote]

G-Wagen 4x4^2

Killrob, I recently noticed that the skid plates were implemented.

In the description you have it saying that it is to protect the engine…

You might want to reword it saying that they are there to protect the vital components eg. engine, transmission, transfer case, and fuel tank.

Also I will double check as soon as possible, but the weights of the skid plates and under trays all seemed a bit on the heavy side.

[quote=“TrackpadUser”]
Only civilian road vehicles I can think of that come out of the factory with them are the Hummer H1 and the G-Wagen 6x6.[/quote]

Early VW Type 2 vans used them.