Spark plug material and gapping

hi guys, i bought the game last night and wow just wow well done all concerned. Small note however and its not particularly important but would it be advantageous to choose different spark plugs such as standard in an old leaded engine, platinum in a modern engine and then iridium for a race engine where heat has to be quickly dissipated. there are thousands of sparkplugs out there and they do effect engine performance as i have experienced first hand. extra content - gapping, perhaps have knock or a failed spark if gap is not set correctly.
This is only a tiny thing that occurred to me and i appreciate its not so important.

If you can show us any data on the performance impact that would be great, this seems to come up often but no one has ever provided any actual evidence that would suggest this. Spark plugs are considered part of the fuel system and quality slider connected to the fuel system. Also: the engine designer is feature complete (not content complete) so changes are only made if there’s something seriously wrong. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

[quote=“Killrob”]If you can show us any data on the performance impact that would be great, this seems to come up often but no one has ever provided any actual evidence that would suggest this. Spark plugs are considered part of the fuel system and quality slider connected to the fuel system. Also: the engine designer is feature complete (not content complete) so changes are only made if there’s something seriously wrong. :slight_smile:
Cheers![/quote]

Wrong sparkplug/gap will make the engine run poorly, to high gap and low number will make it prone to missfire, knock and heatsoak the sparkplug, the other way around will make it cold and not burn all fuel. I dont think it benefits the game, just make it more complicated.

Exactly, I dont even have fun gapping my plugs in real life, I sure wouldnt have fun doing it in a game.