SPC02: 1995 Fruinia Auto Show | Rules Deliberation

I’m assuming this has to be on regular (91 RON) or premium (95 RON) unleaded.

4 doors or more?

Stylistic and mechanical realism expectations?

Techpool? (maybe look at recent CSR or QFC challenge briefs for additional depth?)

Any priorities we should be aware of?

1 Like

We could have everyone set the techpool to its default allocation of +5 in all areas (except for turbos, which may receive 0 techpool if the engine is naturally aspirated), or suggest a combined engine + trim techpool budget of around $40m.

Yeah some priorities wouldn’t hurt. Do they value comfort over sportiness? Drivability over fuel economy?

It doesn’t have to be complicated, the priorities can be as simple as they are in the Road Kings challenge

1 Like

I just woke up so please excuse me, but that was just a third, or maybe a half of the challenge, so don’t worry. It will not be final. (talking about the post draft)

Regular and premium fuel is permitted, and yes, unleaded.

There could be more, (we could include sedan+hatch whatevers as that does open up an opportunity for a Xantia…) but yeah.

Not yet born :stuck_out_tongue:

What does it mean for large hatchbacks, for example?

I’m confused. To my Euro mind every SUV is a car, so what exactly does “not resembling a car” means?

Not to be too critical, but this is starting to shape up into a carbon copy of QFC47 which just closed. You may want to consider adding a challenge element to it, like a more restrictive fuel economy, or tighter design restrictions.

Or look at other auto show threads and make it more of an auto show instead of a buyer challenge?

Can you add price as a priority (my entry is very cheap I’m hoping it will help me win)

Sorry, but I’m trying to make a good formula to calculate the scoring for everyone, and doing this would be very unfair for other people in my opinion. And, saying that you hope to win after saying this to me is not very great. Sorry, but no.

Why do you need a formula? Just make a list of priorities. Say, drivability is 3 stars and price is 2 stars. An averagely priced car with mediocre drivability should beat a cheap car with shit drivability. Low purchase price often comes with at least some downsides.

3 Likes

Whaaat… So that means that basically every car is optimised to use 100% of the budget, or it’s suboptimal.

Also how’s saying that one hopes to win (isn’t it why people enter challenges?) bad? :thinking:

Also, is that really model years, or trim years? Do the entries have to be brand new models?

What do you mean exactly by “Automation spec diesel”? Your idea of it might be different from my one, and that could result in a bin.

What emissions? Fruinian or Gasmean?

1 Like

Worded this horrbily, sorry.
Anyways, I wouldn’t like implementing rules and such that might benefit one person while another may have engineered a car within the limits that were set before, so that would make a little guilty.

I’d say that it has to be a new vehicle, considering the fact that this is an auto show that the couple are going to, and it is to show off new technology.
And, an Automation spec diesel is like simulating a diesel engine in the game, like using 140 AKI fuel (it is 140 iirc) would count on my end, so it won’t really end in a bin,.

If I engineer a car during the rules deliberation period, and then the rules change, that’s 100% on me. Not on the host. Wait for the finalized ruleset or potentially take the L.

Right, so, it’s an auto show but it’s also a challenge? I think this just unnecessarily complicates things. In an auto show the stats aren’t really taken into consideration, and there is no specific buyer. In a challenge there is a buyer, and the car is made for the buyer. Or maybe I am overthinking this, don’t know.

What I don’t understand is, why are V10 diesels allowed in a family car challenge…? Sure there was VW with their V10 SUV madness but I wouldn’t call that a family car. Usually a family car has inline 4, or perhaps even V6 engine. They’re reliable, spacious, good on gas and relatively affordable. A V10 diesel is none of those.

4 Likes

See, that’s what I was asking about - that’s not the way I do it. That’s why it’s important to clarify the rules.

3 Likes