Sports Car Revolution {Final review -FINISHED}

I love it as well, but sadly the colour hurts my eyes.

Since it seems all cars have been at least accepted into the challenge (I hope). Let me show you what I sent. Hopefully it will be allowed to enter.

[size=150]Astana Lynx 2.8L Sport[/size]

ARGHHHHHHHH. 20 already? :'C

Since the competition is now closed, I will give a sneak peak of my entry.

Quite a handful. Spent about 3-4 hours making a tweaking the car to perfection, then the export function somehow glitched my car, and it had to be redone. Ended up just as good, if not a hair better (More fuel efficient, similar performance), but forgot to finish fixtures on the back end (purely aesthetic, luckily).

[size=200]Introducing the 2015 Kirk ULS 220T (ULS means Ultra Light Sport)[/size]
img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Carskick/ULS%20220T.jpg

I don’t want to give away a lot of details, but here are the key focus points to the car:
Wide power band with good torque throughout
Good balance of Usable power and efficiency
Low Running costs with Multi-Port EFI (Direct injection doesn’t seem feasible under $2k running costs)
Runs on Premium Fuel
RWD I4 2.2 Liter Turbo
Active Comfort Suspension with an aggressive handling tune to give the best of both worlds.
2 Seat Premium Interior with Infotainment

I REALLY enjoyed this challenge. A lot of flexibility, but to stay within the initial and running costs, you really have to make sacrifices. No offense to those who went over, but I hope those who did go over are penalized appropriately in the rankings. :laughing:

I look forward the results!

I’m still not sure my car got accept or not ? :unamused:

I thought results were promiced around August 2nd or 3rd…

Any ETA? :wink:

Well, uhhh, On the 2nd I came back from vacation… On vacation I didn’t find out that I couldn’t bring my laptop. So, ETA is hopefully early next week.

lol, sounds good. Can’t leave us in suspense too long!

[size=150]The results are in![/size]
[size=50]Sorry if you didn’t make it.[/size]

Now, for the Top 3. [size=150]NOT IN ORDER.[/size]

[size=200]Centauri Rapier RS
BMMA Blue Martin GT-Sprint
Astana Lynx 2.8L Sport[/size]

Stay tuned for the comparison tests!

This was an interesting one… :wink: I look forward to the reviews.

6th is not a bad result, I do wonder what I could have done better, though. I’m ok with 2nd highest sportiness if I only knew what other areas my car was stronger/weaker in. Was it an issue of drivetrain selection? It can’t have been, given the stipulated cost limitations.

Given I know the Fore Gen II GTi was a very strong competitor in Leo’s SOMWOM, to not make a podium finish here would represent a bit backward step for Armada. So if I knew what it was that the top cars had that the Fore Gen IV didn’t, it’d be helpful for my little mental history of the company. (If it was to do with the fact it sacrificed a lot of comforts that you’d find in actual hot hatches etc. these days, then I’d be satisfied.)

Also, gimme some consolation, at least tell me that my car’s quickest around the track :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy crap I actually made it to the finals in something! I’m going to be on the edge of my seat till the reviews come out. Just more proof that big pushrod v8’s can solve all of my problems.

Looks like 4 didn’t make it in… including mine.

Yeah, I learned how to make good four-cyl turbos after this challenge, and I’ve started playing with V6’s. I’m thinking, if I had to do it again, I’d go 3 liter V6 instead of that wimpy I4 I used. Or I’d make the I4 sacrifice fuel efficiency for sportiness.

Welp. Looks like i got a mediocre spot once again, guess my stubborn decision to make a weird half baked compromise between a track weapon and a commuter ended up suffering the Proxima PS curse. I need to rethink my approach…

Mpfi 4.6L MOHV V8, light, cheap, easy to fix, good torque band.

Znopresk Marlin group can into sportiness! \o/

Actually, now I’m curious.

“The Storm Surge is a unique car that has sporty looks, but fail to deliver being the 2nd least sporty in-test and by far the slowest.”

Who built the car less sporty than a heavy, cumbersome modern muscle-car-lookalike given half an engine? I’m not surprised I made the slowest car, not even surprised I’m second to last, but I was not expecting that. Had to read it again because I originally missed ‘2nd’ when I first read it and thought I had the least sporty and the slowest.

Either way, I had fun, and I learned something: Perhaps it’s best to practice making better engine designs before throwing a car into a challenge. Or at least, if it’s a sports car challenge, give up my fuel efficiency for crap’s sake and just build a car that goes fast.

I don’t know how my car wasn’t one of the slowest, It’s Powered by a 2.3 Liter V6 that makes in and around 250 Horsepower.

Maybe it’s the Weight Savings? My car was probably uncomfortable because It weighs 2700 Pounds and I had to chop weight, not only to make it more sporty, but also for fuel efficiency.

Well, the least powerful car had 160+ HP. That might account for something.

I’ll admit, I had the car with 167 horsepower. May have put too much focus on the miles per gallon, because my final design ended up with 44 MPG. Should probably have gone back in and given it a whole extra lump of fuel and boost and compression to make it actually, you know, fast.