Cancelled due to disinterest

Before I start about what the fuck is a kilometer, is there a specific year this is made for? 80s? 90s?

Is the two way cat required or the minimum?

Presumably this is a Beam competition too, as you’ll be driving them. What circuits?

An additional conversion to meters would be appreciated here.

Same for this (in millimeters)

And this

Most people use RON, but again, a conversion would be appreciated here too.

1 Like

I like the complete random use of imperial and metric measurements. It speaks to me in a way only someone from the UK would understand

3 Likes

What about the Geared/Helical LSD?

So no requirement on tire width ending in 5? TRX style tires are legal?

I would like to hear your reasoning for these restrictions.

I didn’t specify max/min in order to create a more diverse and interesting grid. This season is mostly going to be experimental, so that I can figure out what works and what doesn’t. I misunderstood the compatibility between leaded fuels and cats, thanks for the feedback.

There is no specific model year for this competition, feel free to do whatever the hell you want

I’ll be driving them on Hirochi circuit, Automation test circuit, and the third one is undecided as of yet, but it’ll most likely be a tight track with few long straights or fast corners.

15 inches is 38 cm, and 13 is 33 cm.

Ride height is about 300mm, but anything around 300 will do.

93 Aki is 98 Ron

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I’ll make a change to allow a Helical LSD

There is no requirement on tire width ending in 5, the tires just have to be either equal to or within the given width. TRX-style tires are in fact legal.

I put these restrictions in place mostly to make things more interesting, but also to limit horsepower.

Lord knows what you want so here’s an “entry” to your challenge. I recommend you study it and write a whole bunch more rules so you don’t get a field of these.

2.0L V8TT - 475hp 10,000rpm
1600.6kgs, 5spd manual AWD, 0-60 in 3.4s

SRTS_-Riley-_Zephorus_Tornado.car|attachment (848.6 KB)

This is just something I had lying around, so it’s thrown together. It does however meet all of the “rules” you’ve put together.

You need to add things like
Quality limits, techpool limits, price cap, trim years you want (is this 80’s or 2020’s?)

2 Likes

Also, have a look at some other Beam racing challenges rulesets, for instance:

I’ll look into these, thank you.

Things like techpool limits will come during the summer season. I’m mainly using this season as a base to see what I need to add/change.

Also, submissions are sent via a download link in a DM to me. The download should be of the automation .car file, not a BeamNG export car.

The trim of the Tornado you offered us not only has +15 quality spam everywhere, but a set of DCOE carbs for its fuel system. If the SRTS were to be set in 2000 or later, for example, I’d recommend a complete ban on carburetors, to reflect the OBDII mandate that had come into effect in most markets by then. In addition, regarding quality limits, a maximum value of +3 to +5 would suffice, and a minimum value of 0 (i.e. no negative quality) could also be considered.

Well observed, lets hope the rules are written to make more sense, and narrow down what car you should actually make.

1 Like

Will need fixtures, but is this okay?

1 Like

A ute can be entered into the SRTS as long it has a ladder or partial monocoque chassis.

Also, after examining the Tornado, I’m coming up with ideas about how it could (and would) look and feel like if it was built for a saner rule set, without the quality spam (and the unnecessary carburetor mandate - EFI was becoming far more commonplace during its trim year of 1992) - to use as a reference point for other entries under the new rules.

I’m going to have to get involved with a battle of the tornadoes now @Riley

1 Like

Ok I’ll definitely take that into consideration, thanks

My Entry for SRTS, Summit Clamber

There still isn’t any quality or price limits

I finally decided to revisit your Zephorus Tornado, took the +15 quality spam out of it, and reworked it from the ground up. However, after realizing some problems with the current revised rule set, I made it into a road-legal base model for a potential race car variant instead.

Specs:

• Galvanized steel ladder chassis/treated steel body panels
  • Dual wishbone front/leaf spring live axle rear suspension
  • 300-bhp/289lb-ft 5000cc heavy alu/silicon block OHV 16v V8 w/alu/silicon heads, forged internals, twin throttle bodies, cast mid headers, and 3-way cats, requiring 91 RON regular unleaded
  • Longitudinal RWD layout w/5-spd manual gearbox and viscous LSD
  • 17in alloy wheels wrapped in sports compound radials (225/60 front, 245/55 rear)
  • 4-wheel vented disc brakes (2-piston 345mm front, 1-piston 205mm rear) w/ABS
  • 2-seat standard interior & cassette stereo
  • Variable hydraulic power steering, traction control, and standard 90s safety
  • Sport-tuned suspension with progressive-rate springs, monotube shocks, and passive swaybars

I know it won’t be eligible as-is, or even be competitive, but it costs $20k AMU all-up. It would, however, make far more sense if the rule set were more strictly controlled; to that end, my idea for a rule set for the road car (or rather, truck) would be as follows:

• Trim/variant year of 1992 (model/family year must both be no older than 1972)
  • Both the body and chassis must be made entirely of any kind of steel (no partial aluminum, full aluminum, fiberglass, or carbon fiber panels)
  • Ladder frame chassis and solid axle rear suspension required.
  • Max capacity for NA engines increased to 5000cc; all V8s must be OHV and 2v.
  • 91 RON regular unleaded and 3-way catalytic converter required.
  • Manual gearbox and RWD only, no race LSD or manual locker.
  • No cross-ply, off-road, all-terrain, utility, or race tires, but max. rear tire width reduced to 285mm; all tire sizes must end in 5, not 0.
  • Minimum of 2 seats; maximum of 3 and 6 seats for trucks with provision for 1 and 2 rows of seats, respectively.
  • Standard 80s safety minimum.
  • Standard or progressive springs only; no adaptive, semi-active, or active suspension components allowed.
  • Default techpool values (+5 in all categories) are required.
  • Quality range of between -3 and +3 inclusive.

The race car ruleset would be similar to the above, but with the following differences:

• Medium race tires required, with front and rear diameters of up to 240mm and 280mm respectively.
  • Clutched race LSD required.
  • Race interior with 1 seat and no entertainment at 0 quality required.
  • ABS (but not TC+ ABS or ESC) allowed on race cars.
  • Advanced 90s safety with weight slider set to 0 required (for simulating a roll cage and other required safety equipment)
  • Weight distribution slider must be set to 50.

Those rules would best be reserved for another challenge, but I’ve provided them anyway as an example of what could be done (and used as a reference point) with a more logical approach.

1 Like

Alright, thanks.