Steam Greenlight - Give us a Helping Hand

We have created a Greenlight project on Steam. Steam is the biggest digital distributor of PC games, Greenlight is their brand new method to allow small independent developers to get their game published by allowing the community to vote for the games they want.

If you have a steam account, and you like to see Automation on steam please press the Thumb Up button and rate us here: Automation Greenlight

Nice presentation of the game! The thing I like the most is the animated logo you can see when looking through all the games. This should raise quite a lot of attention. :slight_smile:

Thumbs up!

Yeah, the animated logo is great! nobody else has one.

I’ve seen a few… but probably a handful among 100s of entries.

Does this endless stream of steamy bullshit never end? I’m voting, but games are added quicker than I can vote.
No we don’t want to play 120 different retro platformers… or 50 minecraft clones, or the tenth bazillionth zombie game, or d’uh… stupid Russian bastard adding EA games.
What a horrible start to an otherwise pretty interesting platform :frowning: this stuff really needs to be truer to it’s namesake.

Submit a game -> redlight as long as it is not accepted to the platform by a mod
Voting ongoing -> orangelight as long as it collects votes
Get on steam -> greenlight when it’s ready to get put on Steam

Valve… you do stupid things sometimes.

Yea ive seen so much minecraft clone 0.0. Why when someone got an original idea everyone need to copy it without changing a single thing?

The animated logo really catch the eyes and its probably the most important thing on Greenlight (IMO)

I rated/up voted this, and I shall get my friends to do the same :stuck_out_tongue: I was also pretty disappointed that so many of the games were just clones of minecraft or left 4 dead :confused: I thought there would be more originality there. Also the sheer amount of games there makes it really overwhelming, and a fair amount of them don’t have anything to do with independent devs, I saw some AAA titles up there for whatever reason. Hopefully some moderation comes into play there. On a more positive note the comments seem to suggest that people do have interest in this, I just hope a lot more people manage to find it ^^

If we could get rid of all the clone of famous game we should get more attention

I just discovered what enabled Andrew and Jayelinda to get done with the rating of games so fast… just start voting from the last page of games you haven’t voted for yet. It is a perfect horror show of games development back there … nuking those pages would be a good thing for greenlight :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess those are the games that were put on there first… now I’m really glad we were “delayed” with our greenlight launch hehe, although we’re now surrounded by clones, zombies, and other abominations that call themselves indie and original.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/921238949642147047/11624DCD909FF7225884CEDF3049A6DD6B2F9C43/637x358.resizedimage

Hmm… Maybe it’s just me, but it bears some little resemblance to Supra.

Voted, liked and recommended to friends.
Full integration with Steam Workshop would be great. Sharing photos, engines and stuff.
And achievements like “Break your first crankshaft” or “Achieve 1000 BHP”: )

Daffyflyer Is Credit To Team!

No, really. this is not Team Fortress 2.
I Supported. thanks to do one of my ideas: Wanting the game on Steam.

See You @:

ROBLOX
NFSW
Facebook
Team Fortress 2

The One and only VictorhanSamnMax

Oh god, Daffy, I need the Car Designer now! I can’t help it! Cool Steam video.

I voted :slight_smile:

Voted

i liked and faved it steam name (isaiahdl) :sunglasses:

I just sent an email to TotalBiscuit as a mailbox discussion suggestion. Here my little write-up for you to read as well.

Hey TB!

On the first weekend in September we witnessed the launch of Valve’s new Steam-Community platform Greenlight.

As you probably are aware, the launch was a less than flawless undertaking. The massive response along with a seemingly
endless stream of games pouring onto the platform was rather overwhelming for both users and the choking servers.

What is astonishing, in my opinion, is the embarrassing average quality of entries. Don’t get me wrong, there are a few
excellent, unique, polished and well-presented games put up for display and voting. On the other hand for every good
entry that deserves its place on Greenlight, I count 3 clones of successful indie platformers, 2 shoddily assembled zombie-
shooters, some survival horror game and two random kiddie-programmer entries that will stay on the last few pages of
Greenlight forever, a place that shall be known as “indie purgatory”. Oh, I forgot the AAA EA titles being put up by random
Russians missing the point of the platform entirely… hell, even TF2 was on there a few minutes before it got deleted.

In my opinion the current situation defeats the purpose of having the platform, as it mainly wastes peoples’ time - in a bad
way. I can’t stop wondering: what did Valve expect? To me it looks like they were trying to have a good share of the trendy
indie-cakefest that is Kickstarter & Co, but wanting it for “free”, with only minimal moderation effort/manpower put into it.
A bit more moderation probably would have helped the start of the platform immensely.

As a developer having a rather successful entry on there ourselves, it doubly pains me to see some of the utterly putrid
things getting uploaded. It is giving people a frustrating experience instead of the possibility to quickly discover what the
platform seemingly was intended for (superficially at least): innovative, quality content which doesn’t get any attention in
mainstream gaming media yet.

I’d very much appreciate hearing your opinions on the whole situation and a bit of discussion around the topic in general.
/Killrob

Oh my, that was a reasonable query and I’ll have to look out for that and see what his views on it are. I wonder how many letters he got concerning it though. But yeah, I’d imagine he’d be fairly pissed at how it went. Perhaps ^^;

Heres some data about the current standings in Greenlight: dl.dropbox.com/u/1164739/greenlight.htm

Overall we are in P80 (Faves) but when you enable only Strategy and Simulation options (wich is the category where Automation kind of competes), then we are on third place! Automation also has less hours in Greenlight than all the nearest competitors!

So as far as I can see, Automation is doing very well! :smiley:

For those of us who don’t like Steam or Origin and have already paid for the game, will we be able to download the full version from the Automation website?

From our website still