Steel Wheels / More Alloy types

Please include steel wheels in the next update if you can - the basic wheel type (for base models at least!)

More Wheel Types will be on their way

Umm, you mean something like this?

[quote=“Killrob”]Umm, you mean something like this?
[attachment=0]Capture.PNG[/attachment][/quote]

Good stuff guys!

quick question - is it hard to make the cutouts morphable?

I would have thought it would have been nigh on impossible to do it quickly and easily.
Again the question to be asked is how much gaming value it adds.
IMO it would be better to just create more wheel types. I’m sure that will be something the modding community will get to grips with once they are implemented.

Not exactly same thing but not to open too many threads…
I’m not sure how exactly body deforming works so I realize there may be difficulties implementing something like this but it looks like serious usability problem to me, I can live with it mind you. I’m talking about wheel arches. Problem is that body deforming is pretty much first thing you do with your car and that’s when you decide how big your tires should be and how far apart they should be, thing is you don’t really now what’s optimal value until you start fine tuning your car. There should be a way to alter wheel arches without stripping every single fixture from body. They could even alter themselves on the fly when you adjust wheels. I understand (or at least I think I do) why fixtures are a problem. My question I guess is, would there be a way to check if there are any fixtures conflicting with wheel arches and just let the player adjust this one area?

[quote=“Janekk”]Not exactly same thing but not to open too many threads…
I’m not sure how exactly body deforming works so I realize there may be difficulties implementing something like this but it looks like serious usability problem to me, I can live with it mind you. I’m talking about wheel arches. Problem is that body deforming is pretty much first thing you do with your car and that’s when you decide how big your tires should be and how far apart they should be, thing is you don’t really now what’s optimal value until you start fine tuning your car. There should be a way to alter wheel arches without stripping every single fixture from body. They could even alter themselves on the fly when you adjust wheels. I understand (or at least I think I do) why fixtures are a problem. My question I guess is, would there be a way to check if there are any fixtures conflicting with wheel arches and just let the player adjust this one area?[/quote]

I can’t imagine making my own alloys by morphing the wheels. Wouldn’t it be easier to submit samples of wheels you like to the dev team in the future for them to model and release as add-on content? In fact, future ideas for graphic design like this could be all submitted in a post using photos and drawings. The dev team can then pick and choose which to implement and release them as continuing add-on content. What do you think dev team?

Rims are probably one of the easiest things to mod into the game, soon enough there will be too many :stuck_out_tongue: we’ll implement plenty of them into the game, so there should be no worries about variety. If you look at the current Little Dev Updates you see what even a few rims can do for variety.

You mean like in NFS Carbon? I’d agree that’s not very high priority stuff. Errr… why did you quote my post though? Wheel arches are the things that go around the wheels, like part of car body and you can already morph them :wink: .

You mean like in NFS Carbon? I’d agree that’s not very high priority stuff. Errr… why did you quote my post though? Wheel arches are the things that go around the wheels, like part of car body and you can already morph them :wink: .[/quote]

Sorry buddy, I didn’t read your whole post and thought you were asking to morph the wheel designs. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Killrob - PLEASE give us better wings! Most of the current ones are obviously there just to have them and not a lot of work went into their designs :stuck_out_tongue:

So, again I had the idea that you can have a section where we post images of things we would like to see modeled. The DEV team can have a look through and collect the ones they like and work on them for future updates (after the game is finished possibly) to add in future add-ons.

What do you think?

Don’t worry, we have lots more fixtures of all kinds planned, it’s just not what we’re working on right now is all.

Good news!