The Automation Endurance Challenge II [RACE 1 Results]

oh well, it is a body. i didnt even Change that much, it is amazing how much you can do with fictures.

btw: maybe it would make sense to comee up with something like the “generally accepted modpack” for challenges that is updated regularly.

Not the Datsun, but the Austin Healey 3000 body that was added in the December update.

well, here is my entry for the AM-Class:

2 Likes

May I present (all vanilla) Smooth Racing entry:

GT-AM Smooth Lemme:

2.3 turbo 4

GT- PRO Smooth Rosso:

3.8 NA V6

3 Likes

I made a Steam Workshop collection for all the mods used in the AECII. So if your mod is not here, send me a PM and just give me the link and I will add it. As far as I know I have added all the mods that I have received links for, but I will double check that!

Update: So far 15 total entries (15 GT-AM teams and 14 GT-PRO teams). One team claimed that they used Steam Workshop mods but did not include any links. As I understand that many people are subscribed to many Steam Workshop mods and it might be difficult to know which one you have actually used, any teams that haven’t sent any links will be allowed to enter as long as their cars load up fine as I have subscribed to all the mods you have linked me to.

If you still haven’t signed up, there is less than 12 hours left to do so!

2 Likes

Wooh! Really looking forward to this. Any idea how soon after we’ll get the results?

1 Like

I did say ‘within one week’, and the 5th is a holiday, so no work to do, and the 6th I don’t have any work to do either, so the plan is to go through all entries those two days and hopefully release the results Friday or Saturday.

1 Like

Fabulous :smiley:

Where exactly does one get the export tool?

I have precision engineered something terrible for the Pro class in less than 2 hours (including finding and downloading the LMP body), surely it needs to be entered post haste.

1 Like

In sandbox, there is an export button at the bottom of the screen.

This saves the zip file in C:\Users%userrname&\Documents\My Games\Automation\Export

Thanks a million.

It is very late now for me, so any new entries will be added tomorrow. So do not panic if you sent in an entry and you cant find your team on the first post under the ‘teams’ section.

1 Like

Any updates? :smiley:

Results should be ready later today. Things doesnt always go as you plan, so I havent finished all the calculations yet.

3 Likes

Not to worry, can’t wait! :smiley:

I really wish I did…

1 Like

I made this mistake once too. What i did was I made a backup of the cars and engine folder, emptied both folders, then imported the entries.

I kinda assumed people would think a little ahead and name their cars either after their team name or just their own name to make sure there would be no mistakes, instead there are some rather generic names like racer etc.

Well, that’s unfortunate. If it helps,

1. extract the zip file of an entry
  2. open with a text editor the .lua file under /cars/models/
  3. In your text editor search for GameVersion
  4. Right under GameVersion is a Tag Name="" containing the in-game name of the entry.