The Car for Everyone {Finished}

Your company needs to make money. Now. Bankruptcy is bound to happen if your company can’t produce a car everyone- from senior citizens, 16-year-old girls, and even car enthusiasts- likes. It’s the middle of 2015, and your car will be revealed at the 2015 New York International Auto Show, so time is tight. Very, very tight. You had only 2 years to make a car, and it’s going into production.

How good can you make it?

It has to be cheap, fun, fast, reliable, comfortable, and more; but it can’t ruin your company’s reputation. Are you ready for the challenge?

It’s quite regulated, so it’ll take a little skill to work everything out.

You’ll be judged in 4 categories.
[size=150]
Price: Service costs and total cost will be added to test the price of your car. [Out of 10 points.]
Economy: Title says it all: the fuel economy of your car. [Out of 10 points.]
Livability: Service costs, drivability, utility, and comfort will all be lumped into one. [Out of 10 points.]
Fun factor: Based off of sportiness and performance.[Out of 5 points].[/size]

It is recommended that you begin the file name with the model year.
Pictures and stats are allowed.
Are you ready? Deadline is April 4th, the day after the actual NYIAS starts. If you want to participate, get your butt moving!

–Accepted Entries–
VicVictory- 2015 Ardent Sierra S 2.3

oppositelock- 2015 GSI Tesseract AWD Sport Hatch

NormanVauxhall- 2015 Žnoprešk Zest+ 2.0 EL7

nialloftara- 2015 Centauri Neo XtS

HighOctaneLove- 2015 Bogliq Kitten Cheer

BlastersPewPew- 2015 Desert Motors Car For Everyone

Rollarider10- 2015 Mercusa Regal GLSI

Community Mod Pack friendly, I presume?

Yes. Mostly because I pretty much download every mod, but yes.

How should we name the files? Any particular way?

Not really, however, beginning the car’s name with the model year would be great. i.e 2015 Kia Optima or 2016 Aston MArtin DB9.

Oh man, looks like I’ll have a chance to try making my new scion already :slight_smile:

I will participate

The value for Reliability refers to total reliability, engine reliability or both?

Ardent Motors is working on an entry…

@HighOctaneLove yes, that is correct.

This looks like fun. I’ve been wanting to make a car like this, so your requirements will be a good way to judge how well I stack up against competition.

Znopresk have prepared an entry… tomorrow we will unveil the model…

I’ve used a mod that I made but haven’t uploaded. You’ll have to get that as well.
corvette_c7_grille.zip (17.9 KB)
2015 NMC K500E.zip (19.7 KB)

So, after my little April Fools joke car (seriously, did anybody believe for a second that GG would make a Reasonably Priced family sedan for their next model LOL), was surprisingly well received by the IRC regulars, I figured I’d give this a shot, and release an upgraded trim. Hence, behold, the Tømtæ SE!

Now with more power, more comfort, more economy than the S model! (for about 2 grand more at the dealer).

(This being said, this particular body is known to have some performance issues, for some reason the utility stats are badly underpowered, maybe due to some issue with cargo vs passenger space calculation? But that’s ok, it’s not like I’m any good at making reasonable cars anyway :stuck_out_tongue: )

Remember that now utility and practicality are split into two different stats. Utility is about stats like towing (powaaa!) and practicality is about good use of the spaces (higher for MPVs and high nr. of seats, low for coupe and low number of seats).
Check the practicality.

Oh that note, will practicality be factored or just utility?

[quote=“NormanVauxhall”]Remember that now utility and practicality are split into two different stats. Utility is about stats like towing (powaaa!) and practicality is about good use of the spaces (higher for MPVs and high nr. of seats, low for coupe and low number of seats).
Check the practicality.[/quote]

Practicality comes back at 54.25, but given I have little experience with the numbers, I’m not sure how good that is!

And on niall’s question, I had a more general one. No offense intended, titleguy, but your previous competitions, while excellent in premise, have occasionally featured, let’s say, judgments which differed from what we would have expected from the initial description. Have you got a quantifiable system of measures here so we can have some degree of confidence in our statistics?

Alright fine. I’m in too.

Since everyone is in a posting mood… I guess it’s time to unveil the 2015 Ardent Sierra S 2.3.

This is the entry-trim of the Sierra model, slotted below the LS and LS-T versions. Under the hood is a 2.3L Pegasus-II motor, specifically the PB4-B. Designed with Ardent’s history of frugality and simplicity in mind, this 5-seat wagon still has all the standard equipment to satisfy conscious buyers’ tastes.

So here it is. LCM’s 2015 Hynix 1.5T!