The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

We do need strop to clarify what exactly this means. It’s not up to Ornate to choose the next round master.

Until then, @4LGE could give us top 5 in case of going down the order rule…

Yep this is an unprecedented situation in which none of the nominated users want to host. I don’t want to either, I’m literally typing this as I walk because that’s the only time I can do it.

I guess registrations of interest is just that. Let’s start there. Then we’ll think of some fair and equitable way to resolve it. Poll? If it is a poll, should it be based on the entries or the registrations of interest? I’m not sure yet but we should make a decision within 24 hours.

I assume lordvader1 and koolkei and thecarlover have registered, to start.

In the meantime I agree that it could be helpful for 4LGE to post a fourth and fifth. That, I believe, has happened before.

2 Likes

I’ll register as well.

whoever hosts has to take the responsibility so yeah. i’ll take one for the team if i have to

You constantly shitpost and in that thread you managed to doublepost, why would anyone trust you with a CSR round…?

5 Likes

he who asks questions wants to learn

2 Likes

Alright calm down Confucius

6 Likes

constantly?

Do the same thing for most other users and youll see more time between them as well as more beneficial topics

well i maybe am a bit annoying but idk what to say. i love this forum and the game this is the only forum im active on… everything else just doesn’t exist. when im bored i just go into the game and make a car and then imagine how its getting reviewed in that time period., especially by clarkson, because he’s funny

im not a troll i sometimes post funny content or say something funny about something, shouldn’t be taken personally.

-im not easy offended or am easy to get angry. i am calm and easy going person, i don’t let little things to annoy me, words are just words, if words hurt you that means you are weak. only physical stuff should hurt.

And with that comment I vote that you NEVER host a CSR round until you earn it! :rage:

What a naive, clueless and arrogant thing to say. Saying cruel, hurtful and bullying things to others, especially if they’re vulnerable, is nothing less than thuggery and I don’t want the CSR to go to a two-bit thug. When your emotional IQ goes up by thirty or so points then you might be worthy of the honour, but until then, broaden your horizon from Clarkson and his misogynistic rants. :angry:

@strop a poll to select the next roundmaster would be nice, so we can clearly see who’s got their hand up! :laughing:

8 Likes

The contending coupé in the article is the BAM Paginza, so @Der_Bayer is the first candidate in that case.
The third commute that catched a lot of my interest was @TR8R’s SiTh City. He was a candidate in my preliminary “Failsafe” nominations I have sent to @strop.

So, @Der_Bayer or/and @TR8R, are you interested in hosting the next round?

And BTW, @HowlerAutomotive, I have not forgotten about you! Bonus Review will be edited into the last review post.

5 Likes

hosting it or not hosting it, its not of a big deal i rather be the guest than the host :relieved:[quote=“HighOctaneLove, post:5693, topic:6447”]
your emotional IQ goes up by thirty or so points then you might be worthy of the honour
[/quote]

i have to follow the jedi way. i must not let my feels control me

i like clarkson and i happily rewatch older top gear because of him and his reviews

Way of the sith is more powerful

Huh ok, this blew up a bit :joy: overall comments which reflect my personal views:

@lordvader1 is a pretty easy going guy who doesn’t appear to get offended by much, but to be entirely Frank, also isn’t the most rigorous planner or thinker, but then, when you’re 14 or whatever, we wouldn’t necessarily expect that. More importantly though, this, plus the attitude that indicates you’re non-committal about actually hosting the round, plus for all your comments about timeliness, you do have a pretty bad track record when hosting your own challenges, both in terms of clarity of rules and timeliness in delivery of results (from a while back). For those reasons I myself would be skeptical that your hosting a CSR round as it stands now wouldn’t end badly.

I probably wouldn’t go so far as to cite a lack of EQ as a sufficient reason alone to disbar somebody from hosting though @HighOctaneLove :joy: though I do agree that because this is such a big do for a little forum, it is now an unspoken requirement that one has a degree of diplomatic dexterity.

So all that said, if neither Der_Bayer not T8R8 respond in the affirmative we’ll go to a poll. Don’t take what I said to heart, of course, but seeing as I was concerned the whole thing would snowball when it didn’t need to and ain’t nobody got time for that.

4 Likes

I’m not available for hosting, sorry.

At this rate, we’ll end up being forced to go to a poll unless @TR8R volunteers to host the next round. But considering that he’s never hosted a round of this challenge before… Has his time finally come?

you say that like you’re implying it’s something bad and unavoidable.

@strop i know i had some of my own challenged which weren’t the best but i learned from them alot. i could still do the hosting because i got alot of spare times during monday to friday. about rules and clarity you don’t need much in the car shopping round. you write down a paragraph what do you wanna buy and some basic rules, deadline, year, also restrictions on what would you like not appear in cars (example, you dont want carbon fibre). i may not look like someone who would be committed do it, but the round will only last 7 days and no more and all reviews will be done.

i got 9 ideas for the car shopping round already

1 Like