The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Oldschool is the best school!

2 Likes

Uploading entry.

1 Like

Introducing the Cornaldie Automotive Trail.

Our Asian inspired design is not only affordable, but practical, economical and capable.

See our brochure for more details!

2 Likes

Love this design!

Please abstain from multiposting like this, it clutters the thread pointlessly.

If you want to reply to multiple people in a single post, you can just use @theirname

2 Likes

2017 Adenine Ambience

The Ambience hasn’t been significantly updated since last year’s model, but new for 2017 is an EcoTrekker trim which pairs Adenine’s 7-speed automated manual with AWD and manually lockable differentials. Equally adept at cruising on the highway and tacking difficult terrain, the Ambience EcoTrekker will give you peace of mind for your adventures and for your wallet. Available for $23660.

9 Likes

Excuse the shitty photoshop quality, but it took way too long and I just needed to stop.

11 Likes

So deadline has been over for more than an hour, here are the entries i received

@conan
@Madrias
@DeusExMackia
@lordvader1
@DoctorNarfy
@Zabhawkin
@szafirowy01
@gridghost
@abg7
@TR8R
@NormanVauxhall
@CadillacDave
@F17Francesco
@Denta
@AirJordan
@Leonardo9613
@Nomade0013
@Fayeding_Spray
@oppositelock
@JohnWaldock
@Cheeseman
@thecarlover
@laffinghyena
@koolkei
@Rk38
@ramthecowy
@Darkshine5
@titleguy1
@phale
@doncornaldie
@MarcoAlla
@rcracer11m

If anyone sent their car in and don’t appear on this list, PM me. Reviews will come tomorrow.

8 Likes

Designed in only one hour, the CROSSER GLX 2.2!

The Crosser GLX it’s powered by a modern 2.2 four cilinder turbo engine producing 166hp @5700rpm and 251Nm @3200rpm, it’s equipped with AWD and viscous differential, enough to give the car good performance on every terrain, combined with a low fuel consumption of 17.4km/l (41mpg)
The use of AHS steel keep the weight low and increase the safety in case of impact.
The fully indipendent suspension, with a 4 levers multilink at the rear give the car a easy and safe handling even on rough terrain.
The Crosser GLX came standard with ABS, TC and ESP

Starting from only 22680$

2 Likes

@ramthecowy Definitley seeing some hints of Jaguar F-PACE there, I like it!

1 Like

You know how i said the reviews were coming tomorrow? Yeah, i decided they’d come a bit early.

The next morning, i woke up to find my inbox filled with offers from the local dealerships. So i decided to spend most of the day looking at the cars. To my pleasure 32 different manufacturers showed up. This is going to be fun.

Conan G33 2000GL @conan

The first offer i received was by Conan, and their G33 2000GL. I heard a new model, the G34 is about to launch, so that explains why this car looks a little dated for a 2018MY, still, it’s a nice design.It’s powered by a 2.0L Inline 4 making 200hp, sent through a 6-speed automatic. It features AWD, but the offroad capability isn’t all that great and its body is apparently fully made out of aluminum, which explains its low 3355lb weight. The interior has the equipment you’d find in the average compact car, not the best comfort-wise. Safety is quite good though. It gets a mediocre 29MPG, and costs $22260. It’s a good car but there are better offerings for the money.

EVEREST inline 6 @lordvader1

Then this arrived in my inbox, a car that i still don’t know the manufacturer of. It looks a little bit different, with horribly oversized headlights and a derpy looking face. That’s the least of its problems though. It was marketed to me as a crossover, but it’s more like a wagon body slapped on an indian Jeep Wrangler ripoff.
It’s a 4x4, with a manual locking differential, solid axle rear suspension, offroad skidtray and a manual 6 speed 'box. Everything i don’t need in my car. It’s known for one thing, being diabolically hard to drive. It doesn’t even have ESC to help it, but it has traction control. This car is not for me, or anyone that doesn’t want to end up in a ditch.

Dynamite D6 @Madrias

What has a carbureted engine and is as hard to drive as a Lamborghini possessed by a demon? The Dynamite D6. Everything in this car is weird, yet it has relatively good specs. Well, except for it being twitchy as nitroglycerine, which makes the name a lot more fitting. A 3 liter inline 6 that has a turbo, and a 4 barrel carb, is this car’s powerplant. It has a healthy 170hp, and is rather fuel efficient, making the car reach 28MPG, which is quite impressive for an engine that uses technology from the stone age. Anyways, i’m not interested in ending my life in a great fireball yet, thank you.

Alstrena DV-3 @DeusExMackia

This compact offering by Alstrena looks like a hatchback version of the Subaru Outback, with the plastic cladding and Subaru-esque front end. Well, the Subaru is certainly better looking, since this thing is ugly. It’s like a Ford Fiesta and a Subaru Tribeca had an illegitimate child. This is the first FWD car i was offered, and it has questionable offroad capabilities, i doubt it can take much more than my front lawn. It has a turbocharged 2.0L Inline 4 making a disappointing 137hp, which makes this car sluggish, with a 10.4s 0-62 time. I’m not interested in this thing, even if it does a respectable 31MPG and only costs $20160.

Shromet Appalachian @DoctorNarfy

Someone at Shromet really likes bright blue. As soon as i opened the email that color was burned into my retinas, and the car’s design doesn’t help either, especially the huge lumpy rear end. This is basically a compact hatchback, but the ad says it’s a crossover, so… i assume it is one. It’s FWD, but it has a manual locking differential, and an offroad skidtray, making it more capable than you’d expect. On the inside it features plush leather seats, a 6 speaker Infotainment system and advanced safety systems. It also features a 7 gear automatic, and gets a staggering 41MPG. Sadly, i can’t get over how ugly it looks, my friends would make fun of it every time we go on a roadtrip.

DMA 0117B @Zabhawkin

Uhm… this car looks like the designer drew it on a scrap piece of paper while looking at pictures of cars of varying decades. The result is wrapped in a color Shromet seems to like, what i’d call “Retina Combustion Blue”. Also, this is the second car I’ve seen today with a 4x4 system. Did i mention the 6 speed manual?
Yeah, not buying this.

Griffa Triseon 2.3TL4 @szafirowy01

First thing i thought about this car: “Damn this is the first decent sized car i’ve seen today”. It seems like this car was made by two separate designers, each making a half of the car. The front is goofy looking, the rear is sharp and sleek, making it look quite odd. This car makes use of aluminum elements to lighten the large bodyshell, that still ends up weighing a substantial 4138lb. Why was this stated? Because it gets 37MPG. Quite good, isn’t it? Griffa’s 2.3L Turbo Inline 4 makes 212hp, and drives all four wheels through a 6-speed automatic gearbox, giving the Triseon adequate performance and reasonable off-road capability. It also has a nice 5 seater interior with advanced safety. Not to mention the huge cargo space. At $24920 and with THAT face, though… still, i’m considering it.

Scarab Polaris XC @gridghost

The managers at Scarab’s dealership didn’t quite get the memo, to say the least. I’m looking for a crossover, not for a rally car. This car has a 2.0L Turbo Inline 4 making 235hp, a 6 gear manual, and AWD. It does 0-62 in a mere 5.9 seconds and tops out at 144mph. But it’s small, features an interior that makes subcompacts look nice, and safety equipment straight out of some Chinese car. I bet i can’t fit my equipment in this car. Still, there is a friend of mine looking for such a car, i might reccomend the Polaris.

KWA KX1 2.4 @abg7

The KX1 looks much like your average German SUV, which is fine, but not outstanding in any way. Its engine is a 2.4L Inline 6 turbo, capable of 213hp, it has a 7 gear automatic and AWD. The offroading ability is good, thanks to the manual locking diff and skidtray. Hmm, some reviewers praised its great comfort, but all i can see is a perfectly regular interior with modern safety features. Where is the trick? Fancy suspension components. This car does 32MPG, fits enough stuff in the boot and costs $22960. I’ll keep an eye on it.

FOA Scout @TR8R

The Scout has a slightly “retro” vibe to it, the quad round headlights, large foglights, squared taillights… It’s pretty quirky. The engine is a 2.1L Inline 6, making 156hp, it has a 6 speed automatic, and AWD. It’s pretty good for offroading, as it features an offroad skidtray, but it has an odd LSD, and Semi Active suspension.
The interior made me happy, with premium leather seats and a great infotainment system, but the safety is quite mediocre. Also, this car is too small to fit my equipment properly. Sadly i won’t be getting none of this infotainment.

Znopresk Zest X 2.6 Linea @NormanVauxhall

Another one of the lifted hatchbacks, The Zest X is what happens when you cover a Znopresk with black plastic for a reason other than cost. The “rugged” aesthetics actually mean something on this car though, since it has AWD, a manual locking diff, and an offroad skidtray, which makes it surprisingly capable offroad. The power comes from a 2.6L V6 making 170hp, the transmission is a bog standard 6 speed slushbox. It does 34MPG, and the price is $21140. Sounds reasonable right? Then i found out about the interior. It looks like they ripped it off some cheap hatch, or a Scarab Polaris, except the Zest has proper safety features. I don’t feel like spending $21000 for something that barely has an AM/FM radio.

Horyuji Tanigawa X-Sport 2.0 @CadillacDave

This crossover wagon by Horyuji, has the typical angular design of most modern Japanese cars, coupled with the obligatory plastic cladding, which is fine to me. The engine is a 2,0L Turbo Inline 4 making a rather disappointing 150hp, definitely not something that should have “Sport” in its name. It features the pretty standard AWD and 7 gear automatic combo, has one of those weird LSD’s, and an offroad skidtray. The interior is completely bog standard, nothing that stands out at all, pure mediocrity. It has fancy sway bars i see. It does 38MPG, has more cargo space than those hatchbacks, and costs only $20440. I’m keeping this just for the value for money.

Raziel XB @F17Francesco

This car looks bland. The designer must have asked some intern to do it. It’s FWD, and has a very eco-tuned 2.0L Turbo I4, that makes… 121hp. That looks like it’s going to be very underpowered, and it is. How much? Does 0-62 in 12.5 seconds sound good for you? It’s hard thinking of anything slower than this that isn’t 20 years old. It does have a nice cargo bay though, and the interior is pretty good, it’s a shame they went for such a weak engine.

Pragata Arjuna Te @Denta

The Arjuna looks quite nice, and reminds me of a larger SUV. It’s AWD, it has a 2.8L Turbo Inline 6 that pumps out a healthy 210hp, and… it’s a manual.
They also fit a Viscous LSD on it, and a fully clad aero undertray. That undertray is going to be a pain for offroad and servicing. The interior is very average, with ok safety features. It does 38MPG and costs $22680. I’m not sure what this car is supposed to be or who would be in the target audience, but it’s definitely not for me.

Smooth C-ross @AirJordan

The C-ross has a pretty unique design, it’s far from the sexiest thing i’ve ever seen, but it’s alright. This car also seems to be using a full aluminum body, which i don’t like. The engine is a 3.5L V6 that makes 200hp on the nose, and it has a 6 gear automatic. The spec sheet also listed some things i quite liked though, like leather seats, and advanced safety features. Several car magazines praised it as one of the easiest cars to drive in its class. It’s also quite practical. I may keep considering this car.

Gamma Briggs @Nomade0013

Painted in a color that i can’t tell if it’s supposed to be brown or green, the Gamma Briggs features an equally quirky design, that i don’t mind. It’s powered by a 3.0L V6 that makes 212hp, it has AWD and an 8 gear automatic. It’s really capable offroad, because of the manual locking diff, skidtray and fancy active swaybars. The interior isn’t fantastic, but it’s adequate and has good safety features. Fuel economy is a mediocre 27MPG, and the price is $22100. There’s something that i like about this one, i’ll keep the email bookmarked.

Baltazar Kilimanjaro 2.0 Premium @Leonardo9613

The Kilimanjaro’s pleasant, modern design is a breath of fresh air, which is fitting for a car named after a mountain. The engine is a 2.0L Inline 4, not a turbo this time. It makes 164 hp, which outclasses a few turbos i’ve seen, and gives this car adequate performance. It’s FWD, and has a dual-clutch 6 speed gearbox, that struck me as an odd choice, but i guess it works. Another odd choice is the partial aero undertray fit under the car, which doesn’t help the already questionable off road capability of the Baltazar. It does 31MPG and costs $23560. I was split whether i should consider this or not, but i will.

After the Baltazar, i noticed it was getting late for lunch, so i took a break from looking through the large selection of vehicles.

Stats:
Cars scrapped: 11
Cars considered: 6
Cars remaining: 15
Lowest drivability: 37.5 (Dynamite D6)

Second part coming later today. i hope.

17 Likes

The plan succeeded! :smiley:

Excellent reviews by the way

2 Likes

Reading through these and i can already tell I probably wont make it considering i entered this

Very small aluminum body with a fully clad undertray and fairly standard interior and safety.

5 Likes

hahahaha @Madrias there’s wild card and then there’s [smartass]wild[/smartass]card :joy:

3 Likes

@rcracer11m It would appear that the headlights of that car are trying to break free of the car.

Coz I’m on a roll with these tangential posts:

4 Likes

Yeah, my car was considered even though it drinks more than Kimi Raikkonen and I didn’t finish it’s ad.
:smile:

Did I not say that the Dynamite D6 was the Wildcard to end all Wildcards? A completely crazy vehicle not designed to win, but to get an interesting review.

Twitchy and hard to drive? Believable. Running carburettor takes away one of the driving assists, so that didn’t help. Good fuel efficiency for old tech? Glad I made some people nervous and proved Dynamite’s saying correct, you’d be hard-pressed to make better mileage with better tech in these.

At some point, I’m going to have to go through and make some behind-the-scenes lore for Dynamite and their Letter/Number scheme. Especially because they’re the perfect wild-card company.

Let’s face it: Storm is my main company, Sinistra is my alternate main (hasn’t featured much here, doesn’t yet have a forum thread for good reasons), Minerva is my “we haven’t bothered to change our cars since the 80’s, but people still buy them.” company, and Dynamite is my “What crazy idea can we do today? I know, let’s put this on that and see if it sells.”

I’ve had a couple other flash-in-the-pan company names, some that were dropped after one use, others that just haven’t had a reason to resurface. Devillain is one that hasn’t had a reason, because a car carrying that name (after all, it won a CSR round) has to live up to standards.

appearently Honda CR-V doesnt really suit for this round. did you expecting something like Pajero Sport since you really concern about going to off road? some common country side dirt road isnt that bad

2017 Horyuji Tanigawa X-Sport 2.0

3 Likes