The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

So you’re looking for something small, sporty, and unique?

Well, the wheelbase is less than 2 meters, and the car’s barely over 3 meters long. Sure seems small to us.

Rear wheel drive, five-speed manual, a limited slip differential, and a turbocharged engine makes up for the sporty factor.

Unique? 2 seat sport-box with a turbocharged engine.

Still has some cargo capacity? There’s the room right behind the seats for maybe two or three bags of groceries, or a couple suitcases.

Fuel efficient? You bet! The EcoFire technology used in the engine pushes this car to 40 MPG.

Cost? Less than $12,500.

Mister 8bs, yes, this way, we present to you: The new Dragotec Sagitta.

A sleek little urban warrior, with a low front end, very modest arches and short tail to keep the car’s proportions very predictable. With just enough storage for your needs, so enjoy a mini supercar while you still can and don’t have a woman nagging that she can’t fit all of her luggage into it. Speaking of women, most you’d be able to pick up convincing them that’s a Lamborghini, they can’t tell the difference anyways, although one might wonder if they’re worth picking up if they can’t tell. Wouldn’t the engine give it away though? Nope, it won’t, it’s a small super responsive DTEC (VVT/VVL) monster, revving all the way to 8700 rpm, releasing lovely sounds. You won’t have to feel guilty about not shifting up or downshifting either, it might not be very economical in a specific region, but is economical all the way from 1000 rpm to 7000 rpm. We do urge you to try pushing the engine past 7500 rpm though, your ears won’t be disappointed. Let the car roar between 4000 and 7000 rpm instead of 1500 and 2500 whenever you feel like it, your mileage will be just the same, although there’s obviously even more fun to be had on even higher rpms. So go ahead, take the car inland on your day off, and explore windy country roads with it, it’ll feel right at home. It’s comfortable enough to go the distance as well, with a cockpit that isn’t cramped and hardly any sacrifices made on comfort. Sure some hot hatches might be faster, somehow corner faster without tipping over, but none will be as fun to drive as this little, high revving, Naturally aspirated, ground hugging* beast. Don’t be the laughing stock of your friends, but make them green of envy for just 12772$.

*Without scraping your bumpers on every speed bump or curb.

1 Like

Great variety of cars!

Nice pic Dragawn! :wink:

Great job till now everyone!

1 Like

i need to learn how to do that.
i mean how to cut the cars so it’s background only.
i’ve made a satisfaying car, but i really don’t wanna ruin it by making a shit ad.

*except i totally forrgot about that economical part.

would you think 24MPG on a sports car on 2010 somewhat economical?

**i know the hide buildings trick, but it still gives it the white background

1 Like

Some of us use the " \ " key (the one above TAB), to open the command panel, and type HideBuildings()

Works in qwerty…

Guys, one quick question. Are mods allowed? :open_mouth:

That’s at the discretion of the person running the round. However, given that I see multiple people using the legally not Smart Fortwo body, I’m gonna say you should be okay with mods.

[quote=“koolkei”]i need to learn how to do that.
i mean how to cut the cars so it’s background only.
i’ve made a satisfaying car, but i really don’t wanna ruin it by making a shit ad.

*except i totally forrgot about that economical part.

would you think 24MPG on a sports car on 2010 somewhat economical?

**i know the hide buildings trick, but it still gives it the white background[/quote]

Once you take the picture, you have to edit them with windows tools like “Paint” or others.

24 mpg is a bit, but it’s the overall car that matters.

In this round mods are allowed. The ones in steam workshop. Sorry i didn’t mention before.

well, um yeah, that’s kinda the common sense?

i mean how to crop the picture of only the car, and by that, the shape of it, without any background, so i can put it/edit it in another picture

Here is my first attempt at a sort of advert

1 Like

[quote=“koolkei”]well, um yeah, that’s kinda the common sense?

i mean how to crop the picture of only the car, and by that, the shape of it, without any background, so i can put it/edit it in another picture[/quote]

I use Adobe Photoshop, it got a magic eraser tool that erases similarly coloured area, although it sometimes doesn’t work as intended, pure black or white background is ideal for it. Not sure what other software has it though.

[quote=“koolkei”]well, um yeah, that’s kinda the common sense?

i mean how to crop the picture of only the car, and by that, the shape of it, without any background, so i can put it/edit it in another picture[/quote]

You can paste it in paint and fill the background with any colour you want. A black edge will remain around the car, but nothing drastic. This is the quickest way to do it, I find.
As far as putting it on another image for background, use a fill colour that’s nothing like what’s on your car (I used purple on mine) as the secondary colour (default is white) since black and white will also render parts of the car transparent. Once you’ve picked colour that works for the background, open another window and paste the background image you want. Then, set the secondary colour to the same thing as on the first window. Finally, select a rectangle around your car, copy it, and paste it where you want in the window that has your background image.

1 Like

Here comes my entry:

Schack Vertikal 2.0v-R

The two-seater coupe is yours for just 12 499 Bucks. It features 140 horsepower of NA goodnes and will do 30+ UK mpg. Rear wheel drive ensures you drifts, donuts and well executed hand brake turns!

The base model Kirk Xavier is the car for you.

Being up front, it is a little over budget. But since you said if the car was worth it, you’d be willing to stretch, we figured we’ll show you anyways!

This car is the perfect all around sports car for you! It looks and functions great in both the country or the city!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Carskick/Kirk%20Xavier%20Back.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Carskick/Kirk%20Xavier%20Front.jpg

The 1.6L Turbo 4 is transverse mounted in the middle of the car with a 5-speed stick and open differential. This along with a simple MacPherson strut all around suspension system makes this truely a drivers car. It’s a blast! The turbo kicks in right when you need it to, and provides a very usable powerband between 3000RPMs and the 6400RPM redline, with power peaking at 173HP @ 6000RPMs. That makes this 2400lb bargain go 0-100kph in 6.2 seconds, and brings it to 130MPH! On top of that, it can pull 0.97g’s in the skidpad while still providing a comfortable ride.

At less than 4 meters long, it is considered a sub-compact car in the US based on it’s length. While not quite kei car size, it’s definitely small enough to squeeze through most cities. The relatively high ground clearance prevents you from having to worry about potholes and speedbumps, as with many cars in it’s class. And with 32MPG on premium fuel and 28MPG on regular, it’s fairly light on gas for it’s level of performance.

At $14,995 with a 6 year 60,000 mile warranty, we hope that you’ll make this your next car!

1 Like

Sometimes one must step aside from his own path and try something different. Our firm is always trying to provide exactly that…Until now. It’s time we do something different and stop experiment with customers wishes and ideas… 8bs I present you** Smooth Caston**, a car you described as desired vehicle.

It’s safe with steel all around, standard air bags and all assists possible plus it’s massively reliable. How driveable it is, you can tell afer test drive but we are sure you won’t be disappointed…neither will be your friends because this is a legit 4 seater with comfort-tuned progressive springs. Even engine is a peach. Flat torque curve and 121HP combined with 6 speed box will not blow you away but for a quick Friday getaway from school or work it’s just the right amount. Oh and it doesn’t ask for more that 6.6l/100km. All for 12 480€.

It is not a coincidence small hatchbacks are the first choice in cities.

1 Like

[quote=“8bs”]Some of us use the " \ " key (the one above TAB), to open the command panel, and type HideBuildings()

Works in qwerty…[/quote]

YES thank you!!! I’ve searching for this for a while…

This car is the same model as the Rado Hatch-7 GTS, just a different year and trim. This is a 2008 Rado Hatch-7 DX Auto. DX is the base model.
The 1.8L I4 also found in the Rado 4, Hatch-V, and Hatch-6 makes a return. The Auto tran was built by a chinese-knockoff company of ZF. As a result it only has 4 speeds and it is as smooth as a gravel road.
Inside you find an interior almost entirely made of plastic and vinyl. It does have a stereo though, albeit not a very good one. Inside is seating for 5, and a horrible smell.
Due to the 87 hp mill and the auto tran, any hope of sportiness is gone.

1 Like

Only 28 mpg? My car gets 36 mpg and most likely has a bigger engine than yours. Are you running the engine too rich?

Well here’s my go…(hopefully this is everything)

If I may please have your attention, ladies and gentlemen. Presenting the FASE Sabina A42 (pronounced “A-Four-Two”). New for 2010, the Sabina offers the same sporty economical type of car that FASE is known for. You’ll find everything you expect and more for a car that lays claims onto both of these titles.

Utilizing innovative proprietary technology developed by the Luther-FASE Alliance (LFA), the underpinnings of the Sabina provide a safe, sturdy and fairly lightweight Monocoque shell of “Duraligero” AHS steel plated with Luther’s own “ProRes” corrosion resistant steel panels. This means that this car is protected and guaranteed to last for many years to come; which is good for its owners because once you buy it you’ll never want to own another car.

Let’s run through the features and see if you agree with our claim. The Sabina A42 is a FR 2+2 coupe, meaning front-engine rear-wheel drive two door coupe with room for four. It comes standard with all the modern amenities you’d expect such as power-steering, ABS and of course a radio. It has a nearly even weight distribution which affords it greater handling and ease of driving. With double-wishbone suspension at the front and back you never have to worry about wanting for that sporty feel and yet its perfectly tame when you need it to be. Safety is another no-brainer with the Sabina scoring top marks in its class against market competition.

Now let’s get to some more interesting parts. The Sabina is powered by a 1.2L (1173cc) DOHC 16V straight four naturally aspirated engine making use of Luther’s “Valve Intake Timing and Lift System” (VITALS) which is LFA’s variant of variable valve lift (VVL) and variable valve timing technology (VVT) combined into one package which allows for improved fuel efficiency for high power engines and improved power output for engines who are already economically minded. Thanks to the VITAL system the Sabina engine is able to produce 104HP with a study torque curve ranging from 90 at the low end to 115 providing smooth power production while returning immense fuel efficiency and reliability.

The Sabina engine is easily modifiable able to be both turbocharged and supercharged with no compromise to its high engine reliability. If using the available OEM or OEM certified aftermarket turbos or supercharger parts the warranty is maintained and there is no reason to worry about voiding a warranty. OEM “HiFlo” exhaust kits are also available allowing for a more intense sound and easier breathing engine with the same “no hassle no worry” warrant guarantee. You’ll find the Sabina engine to be highly modular, but should you find it wanting the expansive engine bay provides more than enough room to swap in something more powerful later down the road.

The intelligently geared 5 speed transmission allows for smooth driving. With the combined efficiency provided by VITAL and the manual transmission the Sabina is able to deliver 50MPG. This incredibly green machine produces very little emissions as well, with top marks from many environmental groups. Don’t fret about it only being green, however, as the Sabina is more than capable of using its 104HP with a 0-60mph in under 10 seconds and an estimated top speed of 135mph. When you need to stop there are vented disc brakes at every wheel to quickly provide no fade stopping power. A sport-comfort set-up allows for a sporty driving experience without proving too rough for an everyday driver.

You get all of this and a 5 year 60,000 mile extendable warranty for $12,566. Take advantage of our “New Car buyer”, “Recent Grad & First-Time Student” incentives for an even better deal! Are you convinced yet?

Running the engine at 15:0:1 fuel mixture. Almost all Rados run at that.(except the performance models obv.)
However the engine bottom end and top end were designed in the 70s. It uses a horribly-built 4-speed auto designed with 4th not being an overdrive gear. The engine was finally killed off in 2011 though.