The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

In 2010, the Storm Breeze was quite the car. Four seats, punchy V6, double wishbone suspension. Came off the factory floor at $22,365.

[quote]Selling: 2010 Storm Breeze

Personal car, used for business. Looking to sell. No space in garage after getting a new car.

I am the first owner, have had the car since the minute it left the assembly line. Bought in Belgium as a business car.
Low miles, well maintained, service history kept in glove compartment.
Current fuel economy reading is at 7.0 L/100km.
Power sliding rear doors still function smoothly, as does the electric trunk release.
V6 with EcoFire technology, last tested at 157 HP.
All Wheel Drive model
Six-Speed Manual.
Shadow Blue High Gloss factory paint.

Want: $14k or best offer.
Contact (phone number) if interested.
[/quote]

1 Like

Hey kid, don’t bother with these new plastic cars, come check out this classic Centauri. It’s a supercar baby! 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and just look at that body, not a scrap of rust.

1 Like

Sitting down watching some Youtube and you are interrupted by a local Bogliq dealer ad…

Looking for a smooth, sultry ride that’ll impress your friends yet still be cheap to own? Tired of buying sportscars that make an Alfa Romeo GTV6 look reliable?

Well we have the car for you! Presenting the 2012 Bogliq Fox Touring…

With the classic approach to vehicle design and engineering that Bogliq is famous for, the Fox is swift, sophisticated and subtle.

But don’t be fooled by the quality, Bogliq hasn’t forgotten value for money. The Fox is a Bogliq world car which means that high volume of sales allow us to pass the savings
on to you, our loyal and valued customers. Priced at just over $22k AU’s, the Bogliq Fox won’t break the bank yet never feels like travelling coach!

Do yourself a favour and buy a Bogliq Fox today!!!

I would propose you to take a look at the Revera R270. Made in 1991 you can insure and register at as a classic car. The Revera R270 was made to compete against those sporty VW Beetles, so its fast but also usable as a daily driver and reliable.

It features a 4.0L V8 producing 275HP, nothing crazy even for 1991. Thats because Revera took that engine straight from its premium saloon at the time, meaning its a proven and solid engine. And even if something breaks, finding parts is relatively easy.

The chassis and panels are made from corrosion resistant steel so rust is not an issue.

It was designed as a daily driver so it features a nice premium interior, advanced safety, and has a fuel economy of 9.5L per 100km. Even for today’s standards thats a very good fuel economy for 4.0 liter V8.

And, its fast. 4.7 seconds from 0 to 100km/h. Top speed: over 260km/h.

The Felgen 422 was introduced in 1974 as a Norwegian competitor to the Porsche 911 and the Lotus Esprit. The 2. generation (based on the same platform) was introduced in 1980, and was offered in three trim levels – One, S and Turbo. The 2. generation received a facelift in 1984 before it was discontinued in 1988. A 1987 model (One) in got condition can be picked up for 22,000 dollars today (with the optional targa roof). You can also get one for 12,000-15,000 if you’re willing to buy a lemon on par with the cars from Top Gear’s Budget Supercar challenge.

It will do 0-100 in 5.8 seconds and is equipped with a 2.2 liter naturally aspirated V8 developing 215 horsepowers (270 for the S version and 350 for the Turbo version). Reliability is fairly good compared to Italian supercars of the same era. The car is just heavy enough so that you won’t get 2 horsepowers per kilo, making it cheaper to insure. :mrgreen:

1 Like

Are we allowed to post 2 trims of the same car?

That’d probably violate the one entry per user rule, which I’m not sure was explicitly stated but should be a rule!

I’m only sending one trim. Just posting some info about the car. :slight_smile:

[quote=“asdren”]

http://imgur.com/E1DG47i.jpg[/quote]

Great Photoshop, Asdren!

1 Like

(there will be space and time for photoshop…but not today)

Let’s face it, who buys used mr car to daily? Look I’ve got for you 91’ classic 2+2 coupe. When new it was ahead of its time and somewhat expensive. You can’t buy cheap new sport car with V12, sport interior, adaptive dampers, LSD and so on. 25 years later… it’s a steal. Smooth Piston V12 Sport

200Nm from idle, max 274Nm and 206Hp, 0-100 in 5,8 and upgraded brakes with 0 fade for track abuse if you prefer. Don’t worry about big expenses either. Piston’s platform is made from corrosion resistant steal while panels are all aluminium which also helps with economy - 7.5 l/100km. I told you it was ahead of it’s time.

1 Like

it’s somewhat becoming a tradition isn’t it?

almost every competition, there’s seems to be at least 1 guy/girl, that says “fu** it, why not? just for fun” *clicks v12

I would have gone for a V12 too but it did not fit into the engine bay :slight_smile:

Everything’s better with a V12. Once we have V12 Turbo, that’ll be the new thing. Noticed a tradition like this as well with V6 as well.

I’ve been going with efficient turbocharged I4s. Save a lot of money for decent body panels and quality interiors :wink:

I use what’s appropriate to the car, but I keep falling back to the V6. It’s a great compromise between power and space.

Yeah, it’s probably the most compact engine, considering its square shape. While I could make a 1.2L V6 or something, it just seems too small for a V6 IRL. Maybe I should try playing around with odd combinations some more and I might find something better.

My typical ‘little’ V6 is a 2.5 liter. Don’t know if any real engines were produced to that size, though.

[quote=“koolkei”]it’s somewhat becoming a tradition isn’t it?

almost every competition, there’s seems to be at least 1 guy/girl, that says “fu** it, why not? just for fun” *clicks v12[/quote]

:laughing: true

true

When I saw all that nice MR cars I knew that I have no chance following so V12 coup it is :slight_smile:

You’re wondering around the Used Car dealerships and walk by “Dang Ol’ Dean’s Autos”. You immediately catch the eye of one of the sales people who comes over to you.

So, you’re in the market for something sporty and cheap, huh? Plus you’re willing to look at the classic market as well? Interesting. I think I may have something you’ll like…

I’ve got here a 1987 Erin Nasaro S. You know, the one of with the 2.0L turbo? Oh don’t worry about that 0.20 hp per kg limit, this baby’s way under that. Plus it’s seriously light, comes in at just 1043.6 kg.

So yeah, it’s a mid-engined 80s entry level sports car, full service history and all appropriate documents. Guy who sold this to me had just spent about £3000 restoring her, so she’s certainly in good nick. Those alloys are original, as is most of the upholstery. Plus these cars are known for reliability. By the way, if you get the time, have a search on YouTube for the Group A touring version of this, they were seriously good race cars back in the day.

You aren’t sure what the insurers will say? Relax, my friend! These things are pretty darn safe compared to some of their rivals, and this was one of the first sports cars to have two airbags in it. Plus those brakes will stop you, trust me, and they barely fade at all. And of course, its efficient, and those emissions aren’t so bad either. And that big front bonnet? Yeah that’s the boot, you’ll get your weekly shop in there easily, so it’s definitely practical.

What’s that? You wanna know how this thing drives? Well…damn, it certainly is hard to falter. It’ll do a 1:28 around the Airfield track, 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, tops out at 143 mph. Yeah sure, it isn’t the fastest thing in the world, but remember, your insurance company ain’t gonna be sending you ridiculous quotes if you’ve got one of these. Don’t do any speed runs with the pop-up headlights up though, takes 7 mph off the top speed!

The price? Hmmm…well, they are going up in value. And one in good condition like this will be worth some serious money in a few years. How about I start you at $15,500…

i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Mackiatoe/nasaro%20marketing_zpsifkng0er.png

[quote=“AirJordan”](there will be space and time for photoshop…but not today)

Let’s face it, who buys used mr car to daily?[/quote]

Most Toyota MR2 or Fiat X1/9 owners. :wink: