The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

BUUUUUUUUT
[spoiler]sorry for spoiling it[/spoiler]
how did a car from 2002 got into a game that was released in 1999???

[spoiler]…shaddup[/spoiler]

:stuck_out_tongue:

also you put the spoiler tag in the wrong place :joy:

The showcase image is actually more like the first game (released in late 1997 for Japan and early 1998 elsewhere) than the second. Using a 21st century car for that image is clearly an anachronism, though, but I get the idea.

What have I started with all these GT screenshots! :smile:

Great work @Rk38, you even (perhaps accidentally) managed to get the slightly low quality of PS2 graphics spot on! And I’m loving the Prova ST-R, it looks like it’s driven right out of 2002.

@Starfish94 Woo! Welcome to CSR! Hopefully the first of many entrants :wink:

3 Likes

Is the price listed in the ad the in game price of the C3? If so I believe it is over budget.

EDIT: Also where are the forza based screenshots?

You’ve started a great thing! Maybe we should make a list of the cars for an automation version of GT.

Yeah, I think the quality of gifs lends themselves quite well to the lower PS2 graphics (as somewhat accidentally as that maybe) :joy: I’m glad it fits the period. It’s actually a design I already had created a while ago so it ended up working out better than I expected. Certainly better than some of the experimentation attempts for this round I tested.

This is a great round we’ve got a really diverse field this time going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

@rcracer11m I have to confess I’m actually more familiar with Forza series than GT so I’m almost tempted to make one. That said the classic GT games have a really iconic aesthetic.

2 Likes

Day 6, 24 hours to deadline.

Entries:
@BobLoblaw
@lordvader1
@DoctorNarfy
@abg7
@TheUltimateD00M
@DeusExMackia
@NormanVauxhall
@AirJordan
@DracoAutomations
@CamKerman
@JohnWaldock
@TR8R
@Madrias
@thecarlover
@Leonardo9613
@oppositelock
@Denta
@HighOctaneLove
@rcracer11m
@Rk38
@Starfish94
@koolkei @ramthecowy

If you sent your car in but your name doesn’t appear in this list, PM me.

9 Likes

Wow! This may be the biggest round of CSR yet.

3 Likes

i think @strop’s last round was bigger, but this is close

it’s good strategy to show your car at very last show you can study other contender and compare to your own car especially to people who already give them full card. at least this round people approach it in very many different way but knowing strop he’ll always go all out performance with well rounded stats

i wont surprise he gonna submit budget car that can slay 90’s JDM hero

Me and @koolkei are sending in a joint entry, so if you have recieved that then we’re all good :smile:

2 Likes

I have the strange premonition that @Rk38 is trying to out-Nostalgia me (and puts way more effort than I would) into these Gran Turismo pictures. After all, I know that @EnryGT5 is quite the fan of Gran Turismo, if you didn’t get that from his username already :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nope, I’m deliberately holding back on the performance :fearful: holding back a lot! The whole emphasis on 200bhp is way too much had me rethink my approach.

In fact, I probably have a much weaker base than many of you. I will have less hp than many for sure (think about 120). But the fun in that is tuning the car to be every bit as nimble on less. Can I do it!?

All those cars with GT-style showcases really brought back the nostalgia from 15+ years ago for me! In terms of quality the series peaked with the third installment - and unsurprisingly, the low quality of GIFs suits that game well. The field for this round is so diverse, in fact, I won’t be sure who wins it until the winner is actually declared…

WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

but how light will your car be??

This is my Misty. It’s a kit car personally designed by a former Adenine engineer, and assembled by yours truly. Intended to carry on the legacy of the Adenine Mist after its discontinuation in 1999, the Misty was designed to be lightweight, mid-engined, and incredibly fun to drive.