The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

i know its minor changes but now i have to change the year

as far i know, you can change the rules until someone sends their entry

yes. i know. that was my bad.

but i only put in necessary and sensible stuff in, and i even asked first since it’s still within the last 24h

there’s even a couple more rules that i forgot to put in but seems to be too big of a rule change and too late to implement. like max vehicle length and width, max engine costs and such.

and after the shitstorm just passed, i was in a little bit of a hurry to put it together, just to move on, plus it was pretty late yesterday when i posted it, so frankly, it’s bound to have some mistakes, and i knew that.

no actually, yes you’re totally not wrong, and i am in the wrong. but i asked for permission to redeem it and people seemed to gave me the second chance. so i took it.
(plus i wasn’t expecting to get 4 entries in the first 24h)

so again. i’m sorry for the inconvenience.

also since the i was the one changing the rule, i’ll pretend your very first entry didn’t happen, so if you still want more revision, just send it in.

i switched my car from year 2012 to 2013 and suddenly it weighted 200 kg more
i look around and my basic cd turned into luxury infotainment

lucky i noticed the mistake before i sent it to you

I made a working vehicle :grinning:. How can I check the pricing at 20% may I ask ?

Go to the last tab in the workflow. Click markets. At the top you’ll see a bar with a number and four arrows, two on each side. The ones on the right add positive markup.

Thanks I see that I need to do some more budgeting.

1 Like

First Order Automotive would like to present the Quaggan Li.

This is the “no frills” version of the Quaggan but does offer excellent value for money.

The chassis is a monocoque assembly made from AHS steel which gives the car a sturdy, low corrosion and safe platform. We’ve used aluminium panels to help keep the weight down.

Power comes from our 1L, DOHC, MPFi, inline 6 engine which produces 60hp and mounted transversely to power the front, alloy, wheels.

As we stated, this is the base model so it has a basic interior and infotainment system.

Driver aids, that come as standard, include power assisted steering and ABS.

Stats
0-62mph – 14.1s
Top Speed – 97mph
Fuel economy – 60mpg (imperial), 4.7l/100km, 50mpg (US)

All this for $10,320 ($10,820 if the government decide to tax the ABS!) which includes a 5 year, unlimited mileage, warranty.

P.s… the badges fall off in transit! :smiley:

3 Likes

8 Likes

##2013 VMW Mighty Green Fist

Comes with the American V8 Yo! as the standard (and only) engine!

Wait?! VMW built cars for the Indonesian LCGC class? Apparently so?

It’s also got a no-frills cast iron V8 with modern overhead valves. It may be direct injected, but there’s no variable valve timing. Just a simple V8 with a single exhaust. It makes about 50hp though.

No fancy aero work, no fancy brakes either. Just some sora crappy standard stuff clapped together to make a car for the Indonesian LCGC class.

Only costs $10,920

Edit: Here’s the previous VMW submission for a different CSR If you want some backstory

4 Likes

This would normally be the case. I also remember writing in the OP that people should hold off on sending in an entry until all the rules had been finalised. This said some of the rules have actually been changed. If there had been significant resistance, I would have not liked changing the year because this screws budgeting and weight and a LOT of factors and while as Madrias says, a shitbox is a shitbox regardless of the year, then the real question is why bother changing the year when it may screw over somebody’s very finely balanced work on fairly tight regs.

But koolkei apologised profusely, asked everybody very politely, and you’re pretty much alone in your objection so at this stage I’d just accept this and move on.

EDIT: just changed the year of the model and engine base on my shitbox. And lo and behold, precisely [smartass]sweet fuck all[/smartass] changed, so really my concerns were overstated.

@koolkei btw could you make the first heading 2013? It’d be less confusing than reading all the small text that says 2013…

Just beware that US MPG is different from UK. In UK MPG you’d need to hit 56.

3 Likes

when i switched the year. it switched my basic cd to luxury infotainment
that year is when basic cd disappeared and replaced with basic infotainment

Yes, well, that’s something you can quite easily change yourself if you bother to check through all the tabs.

Though there is something to be said for the change in the flow causing strange alterations in the car specs. You should probably actually click through ALL the tabs to check whether there were any intrinsic tech changes in each when you change the year because otherwise some stats won’t update properly. That’s a game issue, though, and one that should only be dealt with once we ascertain its significance in the context of the bigger campaign once the structure and flow of that has been determined.

1 Like

Weird, at least? In my case it switched from basic CD to basic infotainment.

It usually does but sometimes doesn’t if you’ve been playing around with the settings beforehand, and somehow the game parses things differently. Particularly troublesome when changing tech years across chassis types, and chassis layout too.

i was kinda trying to emulate the real life condition. the 2012 the rules was announced, but only finalised in early 2013, only by the end of 2013 the cars starts being launched here and there.

i did make the 2013 build year in emphasis now.

also… boi… this felt WAAAAAAAAY different from my last round, the entries are pouring in like crazy.
and it also shows in here.

also. do you guys know the real life cars counterpart?
do you want links to specs if you want to compare it to the real world?
i don’t think this will give any advantage so it should be safe right? since it seems some already knows anyway?

yes please, I for one live in a very different specced area compared to abg and denta. One where Honda Civics get heated seats and leather :laughing:

4 Likes

Here’s my entrant for CSR32

Presenting the 2013 Bogliq Patriarch SE!!!

The perfect choice for the budget conscious family man who needs to save his currency for purchases that count. And all this for $10,920, so you get some change in your pocket too!

Want one? Visit your friendly local Bogliq dealer today.

Buy better, buy Bogliq

5 Likes

calling it now, the number one cost-effectiveness question in this round is DI vs MPFI. DI is hella expensive, really drives up your maintenance and buying price. MPFI on the other hand is nowhere near as efficient and makes it very difficult to make a decent larger sized vehicle which would give advantages elsewhere…

2 Likes

LHE Insider trade news

Not wanting to tie up lots of money on R&D for a new entry market, LHE has opted to take an older established line and give it a minor technical update.

Using the original Astonish platform designed for the early 90s market and even winning many rewards for its class even taking 2nd place in SOMWOM in 1993, the model is being brought back for the developing Indonesian market. While the Astonish line has continued as a First world global car in its fourth generation, this new one is based entirely on the Mrk I.

Assembled in Mexico using the tooling produced in the early 90s the build quality of these new Mrk I Astonishes promises to be as poor as the original, but with major important updates such as air-bags, improved Safety Restraint System, and more modern accommodations such as a crude infotainment system. The chassis and body panels are still manufactured from corrosion resistant steel, so the vehicle should survive well in adverse climates.

We can only hope that they can get past the total 90’s feel of the car, as it drives very well, and should prove to be an amazingly reliable vehicle

Ad to Public

Announcing the LHE Astonish!

Room for the family, or, fold away all the seats and have room enough to do any job!
At LHE we pride ourselves on our reliability and versatility, with the new Astonish no road is too far for you, with ample ground clearance and a near 50.50 weight balance, never get stuck on the worst of roads.
2334L of space for 5 occupants, and no less than 925L of cargo space with the rear seat up.
An all new from the ground up Inline-3 displacing exactly 1200cc easily complies with EURO2 and returns an excellent 4.9L/100km

All this for only 10,680(money)

See your local dealer.

(Enough Lore for you?)

6 Likes

here the data i compiled into a sheet for comparison.

if anyone is curious

6 Likes