The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

So if you didn’t suffer the fate of the Tiger Mum, what fate did you suffer? :wink:

I ended up entering and passing SIMAK-UI (an entrance test for anyone who wants to study at the University of Indonesia), but unlike the Tiger Mum, never wanted to own (or buy) a car in the first place. And that was seven years ago.

i got a feeling that’s not a story… but an experience…

anyone?

6 Likes

Secretly making hyper-economical minivans and hiding under rocks… :stuck_out_tongue:

Zapas Bistri

Zapas is a new and upcoming Russian car manufacturer with the intention of making cars as affordable to buy as they are to run. Their first model, the Bistri, is known to be a swift and nimble small family car, designed and intented for the Southeast Asian market.

The Bistri comes with an frugal 1.2 litre turbocharged engine delivering the perfect balance between economy and performance. At 81 hp this car is one of the best in its class. Its power combined with light body of the Bistri, weighing in at just 887kg, helps it acheive a top speed of 176 km/h (109 mph) and an economy of 3.99 l/100km (71 UK mpg).

##Pricing from $9840

Available optional extras are:

• Climate control
  • Cruise control
  • Zapas Entertainment package including: CD player, 6 channel radio and Bluetooth connectivity.
  • Zapas Safety package including: 4 airbags (1 Driver, 1 Passenger, 2 Curtain) and ISOFIX.
10 Likes

don’t worry isn’t my experience either but im sure some of us know that kid based on that story :joy:

1 Like

######Here’s a half-assed Photoshop ad.

7 Likes

The Gnoo Familight is the little sibling to the Gnoo Earthfriend. It stays true to the same principles of stunning fuel economy, excellent comfort and the renowned Gnoo reliability.

In keeping with the needs of the developing world, the base model Familight sold here comes with the 1 litre naturally aspirated GreenWave engine, which consumes less than 3.5l of fuel per 100km. Basic safety features come as standard, though plenty more are available as options. Lots of attention has been applied to active safety - drivability is excellent, the car stops from 100km/h in just 35m and the simple infotainment system supplied as standard helps create a pleasant driving environment where stress or tiredom are much less likely to cause driver error.

(Car pictured with optional alloy wheels)

7 Likes

this specifically pertains to a bug report somebody filed. Namely, how can you fit 5 seats and 820L of boot space in a vehicle that’s… so damn small? Compared to the 1985 MPV which is a giant in comparison and starts off with less (unless you really stretch it out). I’d love to know what the cargo box assignment on that thing is, because I strongly suspect it’s OP.

3 Likes

Theres an ingame command to see the cargo boxes, i just dont remember what it was. A little searching in the forums should find it tho

-sent from iphone

After going through the chassis tabs, ToggleBounds() in the console shows that. The cargo box is proportionate to the body, so I’m not sure what the issue might be.

What is strange is the size of the Hyundai’s box. Its upper bound is at the bottom of the window line, so it seems to be too small for the body.

4 Likes

There’s definitely something going on with the cargo box upon inspection. Would have been good to know earlier, there’s already been a couple other cars with this body posted.

The passenger top box seems to be set too far back (it starts some distance behind the front window) and the cargo box sticks out of the back and out on the sides of the roof. It should be said at the same time that the cargo box does not take into account the free space between the wheel wells, so what is there may have been an attempt to compensate.

I will amend the ad to say 600l of luggage space in the interest of fairness, based on eyeballing what is actually there. That’s still more than you get in many midsize sedans (100l less than you get in the boxy 4 seat micro MPV) so should fulfill a family’s requirements, let alone when you fold down the seats.

The main selling point of this body was that it’s the smallest one to fit 5 people with decent personal space. The 10% practicality for luggage space seems to come very easily with any hatchback body.

3 Likes

soooooo i don’t know how to incorporate this now…

I reshaped the body to get a reasonable estimate for the cargo space and it seems the cargo box being connected to a point behind the top of the rear window is what throws it off.

I have shown the adjusted boot space and shape below. It seems to correspond with the 600l estimate and doesn’t affect any other stats in a significant manner (naturally it changes the weight balance so throws off the suspension setup and such). Comfort is 0.2 points down because of the slanted rear window or the change to suspension setup.

It seems you can just amend the cargo space by the looks of it, unless someone has a better idea. The shape of the actual submitted Gnoo would have the cargo box shown here fully enveloped by the back window. What little pokes out from the sides will be made up between the wheel wells. The body should definitely be fixed, though.

EDIT: Looking at some other bodies, cargo boxes poking out of the sides and clipping into the wheelwells and such seems pretty standard fare. This one is definitely on the high side of that, though, with the window stretched back. I don’t know what to make of it.

2 Likes

I’m entering the Scarab Flare SE, a small, cheap and pretty roomy hatchback

6 Likes

Weigh cargo a bit less heavily? As I mentioned, the cargo box in the Hyundai body is actually on the small size while that one is slightly on the large size. It morphs strangely, but as far as its default size goes, it’s well in line for the typical cargo box design for the game (jutting out in some directions to compensate for cargo areas in other directions).

well okay i will try to do that at the end. but since some are already done… i’m not redoing them. sorry.

Im quite surprised with the mpg im getting with my car

How about a story of a Soccer Dad and Daddy’s Son?

SD: “Son! I’ve bought you a brand new car!”
DS: “BRAND NEW?!”
SD: “Yes! It wasn’t too much, no worries. Just $9140!”
DS: “Oh, are you sure it is brand new, then? Or even good?”
SD: “You’ll see! I can already tell you that it was formerly ‘JDM’ or something.”
DS: “JDM?! COOL!”
SD: “It’s got a Turbo, too! Says it proudly on the rear!”
DS: “WHOA!!”
SD: “Even has on board Infotainment!”
DS: “AWESOME! With Bluetooth?”
SD: “Well, haven’t checked that, but you can when you get in. Did I mention it’s also a convertible?”
DS: “CONV… What?”
SD: “Has a nice retractable cloth roof! It’ll be great to impress the Ladies in summer!”
DS: “Sure, Dad… What is it then?! Please, tell me, show me!”
SD: “Patience, son! Your mother will come around any time.”
DS: “But… she only drives automatics?”
SD: “I know. It’s easy to drive, so just right for you. Also comes with ABS by standard, and some Airbags, which I hope you won’t ever need!”
DS: “Sure. What is it, then?”
SD: “It’s incredibly practical! It has a two part hatch door! One opens upwards, the other downwards!”
DS: “Seriously?”
SD: “Yes! The rear seats can be folded too, I think. Lots of space! Hey, you hear that?”
DS: “Is the automatic broken, or why does it sound like it revs high?”
SD: “Ohh, it’s quite the revvy little engine. I think the dealer said something about it being a slightly upsized engine with 0.7l.”
DS: “THAT’S UPSIZED?”
SD: “Yes! 68 horsepower are no joke, son!”
The car now comes around
DS: “You must be kidding me, dad!”
SD: “Here you go, son! Your brand new car!”

SD: “This is the Taore Z-Pinch! You like the color? It was on offer in Main Sequence Star Metallic (Yellow).”

SD: “Look, it even has two exhaust pipes! But the real deal are those sliding rear doors! Perfect for your pals in the city!”

DS: “Dad! This car is… It sounded good, until now, now that I see it. I guess I can brag about the Turbo, but the rest is just embarrassing!”

16 Likes

Don’t knock the N-Box, son, it’s actually all the rage in Tokyo!!!

6 Likes