The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Knew I forgot something, 95 RON is standard here, but 98 is optional as every fuel station has it.

EDIT: Tossed some cars around Zolder now that I’m at home behind a computer. Seems like around 1:50:00 is a better approximation of a great lap time. Around 2:00:00 still is decent, and can be great fun in some cases (like GT86 or Elise). My apologies, the two people who already submitted are free to revise if so desired @conan @yurimacs . Ofcourse revisions in general stay open until the deadline, but please do try to keep it limited.

4 Likes

Nah. My car is perfect. It’s the best. It’s the best. It’s the best sports car. It’s #1. You drive an Onni because you want the best. YOU DESERVE THE BEST. Only the best will do. WE’RE THE BEST. It’s the BEST sports car.

HEADLIGHTS GO UP, HEADLIGHTS GO DOWN. HEADLIGHTS GO UP, HEADLIGHTS GO DOWN. HEADLIGHTS GO UP, HEADLIGHTS GO DOWN. AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN. HEADLIGHTS GO UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN.

5 sets of tyres, bro. Yokohama bro, Sumitomo, Nitto, Toyo. Hoosiers, bro. Hoosiers. Got some Hoosiers for the track day, bro.

etc. etc.

9 Likes

Samuel Adams
babyphoto.jpg
Yankees
babyphoto.jpg
Firefighters
babyphoto.jpg
My heart goes out to the victims of RRRRRGGGGGGGGH

2 Likes

hey what’s this about?

1 Like

It all started out with a subtle reference, things got out of hand…:joy:

9 Likes

ok open disclosure time just how many people here got the Bad Dragon reference :joy:

5 Likes

The Zorg ZS36 Coupe

In 2000, Zorg Motors introduced the ZS36 Coupe, a small two-door coupe designed to be track-ready from the outset. With double-wishbone suspension at each corner and a gutsy normally-aspirated 3-liter straight-six under the hood, it was a real performer on any road or track.

You can pick one up for under $15k today and enjoy the purity that comes from one of the world’s best-ever affordable analog performance cars. In an age of downsized turbocharged engines and pervasive electronic interference, that’s sorely missed.

6 Likes

Skipped the drama, and returned to…
HNNGH,
[spoiler]Bad Dragawn :wink: [/spoiler]

May suffer from the occasional hiatus, but so far, making terrible puns never got affected by one :sweat_smile:
Couldn’t muster to make anything last round, but there is something pretty much already done which is…
[spoiler]UGH! WEEABO! WEEABO WEEABO WEEABO, WEEABO![/spoiler]
Or any of the later versions!

Shoutout to @abg7 for sedulously providing commentary and narration throughout this thread! And the ZS36 looks like the real deal, albeit possibly heavy?

3 Likes

Is now a good time to ask why you’ve changed your avatar to a vaguely familiar unicorn? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So.
If you want to buy a whole new engine/suspension/Fluffy dice to drop in it. I may got something for you.

3 Likes

Maybe not here and now, unless we want to reach the 9999th post sooner! (Car Acquisition Round! CAR, here we come!)
Actually, I do wonder where you have seen that specific Unicorn before. He is supposed to be an OC of mine. No, his name is not Donut Steel^^

@Mikonp7 Are you offering a steering wheel, and only a steering wheel? :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
I think that this depreciation algorithm might not be perfect :smile:

eh nah dw about it, must be a generic unicorn thing.

Just like I use a brown horse with a white stripe on his face, because that’s about as generic as they come :joy:

p.s. you have no idea how hard I am trying not to make a butthole joke right about now.

4 Likes

@Dragawn: Just to be sure, the trim material cost is the one on the detailed stats page, not the one on the overview page, correct?

The ZS36 has partial aluminum construction, which keeps it under 1250kg - quite light by 2017 standards. In 2000, however, it would have seemed like a heavier figure, so I gave it enough power to compensate.

1 Like

@phale Correct, as the one in the overview page is the “total cost” if I’m not mistaken.

@szafirowy01 @Mikonp7 I miiiiiiiight have to revisit the calculator for the properly old vehicles after this challenge. Exponential functions tend to get a bit sensitive/weird. :sweat_smile: Especially with low prestige cars, which it seems to literally treat them like junk right now.

2 Likes

Introducing the 00’ Fun Bus

8 Likes

Maybe that’s because old low-prestige cars are junk :joy:

I mean put it this way, the downsides of owning an MX-5 NA is that most of them will have driven over 200k by now. From personal experience, nevermind just how hardy and reliable they are, that’s definitely going to require a lot of elbow grease in maintenance at a minimum (hence my calculator from the previous round).

Also, I’m stuck, and can’t decide between these:

Revisiting the ‘if the NC wasn’t a bloatmobile’ that I often do, it’s a traditional NA 4 banger in FR format. The very essence of Fun.

It’s older, it’s cheaper, it’s faster, and it’s totally not a Carrera.

It’s getting close to budget, but it’s the fastest and comfiest with an actual CD player and four speaker system in it and a real engine. And I always wanted to do a knock-off Scighera.

That’s right, I built a motherfucking trackday Smart, and you better believe it does Zolder in 2 minutes flat. It also has a miniature V6 that revs to over 10k rpm. Well, that’s in MR form. I don’t know whether I should attempt an FF form.

help???

13 Likes

the motherfucking trackday smart!

6 Likes

I second that statement! ^^

4 Likes