The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Thanks! Was a pain in the ass to get it all spaced and formatted properly. The default spacing is much more than what was found in 1970s magazine ads.

3 Likes

Job hunt is on, so you must look a part arriving at interview. Timeless coupe look will do the trick.
In mean time, fun is not forgotten. Targa roof and V8 burble with sufficient power will prevail.
You had too much fun? There is enough space back for the little one plus generous boot.
All in all, the experience is smooth, enjoyable and calming. From $10300.

10 Likes

Are people putting markups on these cars?

Edit: /phew :slight_smile:

I didn’t, since it’s not specified. The cost shown in 2010 dollars is much higher than anything realistic for 1974 anyways.

Nope…no markups for me if it’s not crucial to the story or rules.

14 Likes

Zenshi Krishna

Thanks to @ramthecowy for this

16 Likes

I have marked up my car because I want to make money on it… Bogliq needs to earn the cash to support our varied motorsports efforts and engineer training initiatives!

It just doesn’t make sense to sell a car at cost IMO :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought of adding a markup rule, but I would have required different mark ups for different body styles.
To avoid the hassle, I decided not to impose anything.

Entry update: 37 entries so far, 11 have been reviewed.

Real life has been a bitch, so I am already annoncing the results should only come by Sunday.

18 Likes

The 1974 Adenine Vindicator has everything you could want in an affordable, stylish 2+2 coupe. Its slender, low-slung body allows it to cut through the air like no other car, which means you can have over 30mpg and a top speed of over 120mph. Its unique front-wheel drive layout means spacious 2+2 seating and a practical trunk with a flat floor. Its fuel efficient multivalve I4 produces just under 100hp, revving to 5700RPM and still meeting California emissions without the need for a catalytic converter. Lightweight, and with fully independent suspension, the Vindicator has nimble handling and can sprint to 60 in under 10 seconds.

When you want to be both sporty and eco-friendly. When you want to be both practical and stylish. For just $8500 (pre-markup), only Adenine can offer so much at such a low price.

18 Likes

11 Likes

16 Likes
14 Likes

Apart from the sloping nose, are there any other differences between the pre-facelift original Vindicator and the trim submitted for CSR49? At any rate, it would have looked like little else on the road… and felt that way as well.

I understand why the V6 version (built purely to simulate a supercharged I4) didn’t make the cut - it would have most likely been over budget.

1 of 3 billboards.

22 Likes

Genua-Beneventi Fabbrica S.p.A. was already enjoying success with the Prolusio. It’s first production model. But the company was preparing to broaden the brands appeal with two new models. Duccio Beneventi wanted to compete against the larger rivals and his former employees.

While the new Mansio GT would attempt to fight against the high end of Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Erin and even Ferrari. The all-new entry level Viato would compete with the new designs. Coming from Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and internationally.

Unlike the competition. The Viato retained a traditional rear wheel drive setup. The engineering package was developed by German Klaus Lange. The body styled by Lazzaro Milano with assistance from ItalDesign.

The car was aimed to compete with the Lancia Beta, Fiat 124 Coupe and Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT. While internationally it faced off against fierce competition. From vehicles like the Rennen Caelum, Adenine Vindicator, Revera 2700C and Erin Civera.

The model lineup would expand from a 3-door fastback to a 4-door hatchback. Throughout its lifecycle, a number of trim and engine options were available. From the Base Inline, four cylinder 1600cc to the mid level 1800cc. Later a high-performance V6 option became available.

Despite its advanced features and unique styling. The Viato failed to capture the all important American market. Perhaps due to its higher price. Its poor dealership networks or lack of advertising funds.

23 Likes

Zeal CS200 '74

• Engine: 2.0L with 98hp
  • Economy: 28.7 mpg
  • Weight: 874.6 kg
  • Drive type: RR (rear mounted engine and rear wheel drive)
  • Price: $7,800.00
9 Likes

Entries are closed.

There are 40 entries, making this the 2nd most popular round so far, if I’m not mistaken.

The list of entries will be posted when I get home tomorrow afternoon, about 16 hours after this edit. Real life is being that much of a bitch.

17 Likes

I’m looking forward to the reviews… It will be too close to call given the sheer number of entrants!

1 Like

I can almost guarantee though i’ll probably be binned early on :stuck_out_tongue: