The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Considering I have a pretty decent base (The Americar V8) for something like this expect something today or tomorrow.

Different chassis materials, different gearbox, different interior, nowhere near the same displacement, so there is enough room for the client to choose his perfect fit :D, but seriously, the car was already finished when you posted yours, i hope it’s not an issue :slight_smile:

Danver presents the new for 2012 Danver Spectra, shown here in SR8 form. With an all-new D852GE 5.2 Liter V8 engine, 6-Speed Manual transmission, and a limited slip differential, the Danver Spectra is the true American sports sedan.

13 Likes

Mastin Motors (known for their trucks) is proud to offer you the 2013 Glacier, with the special aero package. Plus, this specific trim is one of the only 200 models offering a manual transmission with a LSD. For being the (possibly) customer number 1´000,000, were offering this beauty for only $32,230

[smartass]You never knew you wanted one until you tried it[/smartass]

7 Likes

10 Likes

Those are some beautiful lights! :heart_eyes:

@asdren oh. nevermind that then :stuck_out_tongue: i really thought it was a poke for a challenge. hehehe

@titleguy1 now THAT’S what i call Electrifiying Blue. BEAUTEEEHHH

@Rk38 i thought i did an okay job of styling my car and that shot at advertising. suddenly, another proof that i just suck… a lot of air, AND A LOT OF YOU ARE GONNA JUST SUCK MY DUST.

jk. i just suck. end of thought.

3 Likes

ANZhotrods presents the 2013 Broadhead DPF

The Broadhead drag pack family variant is the newest car to be sold en mass to the public fromANZhotrods a company founded on the ashes of the now defunct A.N.Z motors inc.
The Broadhead comes in GS, GT. DP and DPF trims, the GS and DPF are equipped with 5 seats while the GT and DP are equipped with 2 racing style seats.

This is the DPF model, that means that this car is equipped with the Broadhead 109.5 v8 a square bore 692hp 503ci (8249cc) SOHC 32 valve DFI v8! Also included in the DBF pack is a vented bonnet exposing the intake manifold and filters, a electronic bypass exhaust that exits from the functional side pipes. The gearbox is a c10 with overdrive that has been modernized by ANZhotrods and now works as a reverse pattern manual shift. At the rear end of the driveline is a m86 differential with 3.83 gears and a Trailing arm Independant rear suspension.

Sticky 235 tyres are wrapped around 20" magnesium wheels and 355mm vented disc brakes live within. The front air dams are active units and close and open as needed. ANZhotrods has tuned the suspension which is all controlled via the vehicle on board ecu and is designed to hook up while still able to give GT like handling.

Now you may think that this is a track only car and you would be wrong! Inside we offer 5 seats and a premium interior trimmed in Red Deer leather and finished with Bunya pine as is the custom with all ANZhotrod vehicles, the in car entertainment is well looked after with premium speakers,sub-woofers and amplifiers from FOCAL and ESC is standard.

With 0-100km/h in under 4.7 sec and a quarter mile top speed of 201km/h its the perfect Boulevard Bruiser and she still gets 19MPG.

New at only $30500

Aftermarket supercharger kit available expect gains of 30-40%

Factory option compound turbo kit available through dealerships expect gains of 50-75% (75% requires e85 fuel and chemical intercooling)

Before and After Turbo Kit

3 Likes

That turbo kick! from 690 Nm torque to 1800! in the span of 1000 rpm!

we never said it was street able after fitting the kit, rev up the stall to 4500rpm release the trans brake and bang those gears and hold on

now you made me curious what my car could do.

I like how the side vent looks like the fletching on an arrow, was that intentional?

yep hence the name Broadhead

This is my first post, and I am still struggling to know how to PM the host about whatever I want to submit (although I already know how to post images of my submission, whatever it will be).

As for this challenge, I have made several cars, but am unsure which one to submit for this round. Should I send a V12 supercar, a four-door saloon with a DOHC 4v V8, or an American-style muscle car with a pushrod V8 (all of which are front-engined, RWD and NA, with a manual gearbox for maximum involvement)?

Before I submit, I would like to tell you that I am impressed by the liberal nature of the current rules of the round, which encourages variety among entrants. Now I will describe the pros and cons of each:

V12 supercar - the best-looking, plenty of prestige and performance, and also lighter on average, but certainly not as safe, is less practical, and costs more to buy and run. However, it has active aero, and although this feature adds further cost, it improves drivability and sportiness.

Four-door saloons - the most practical of my options, and can be made to look very discreet - in other words, a Q-car, but the fifth seat adds weight and cost, while the DOHC heads are more expensive and less reliable than modern OHV ones (although with 4 valves per cylinder, VVL can be implemented for better flexibility and economy). Also, more doors = more practicality but less prestige.

MOHV muscle car - fits the typical muscle car description, cheaper than others to buy (due mainly to mechanical simplicity), and aggressive styling gives it plenty of road presence. However, the same OHV heads which contribute to high reliability also increase emissions and fuel consumption.

Edit: Now I will make a coin toss to determine if my entry will have two doors or four. I actually have more than one of each kind of car, but after the first toss will nominate two cars from the winning category, and the car which wins the second toss will be my submission.

My advice, and this is one I learned from someone else on the forum, is to flip a coin on the cars. There will be one you naturally end up hoping to win the coin flip. Send in that car.

Just made a pair of coin tosses to determine the exact car I would submit.

First toss: heads for two doors, tails for four. The coin came up heads, so my submission would have two doors, not four.

Second toss: heads for V8 muscle car, tails for V12 supercar. This time I got tails, so I am submitting a proper 12-cylinder supercar for this round.

And now here it is: the 2010 Harris CS60 Coupe.

Harris’ flagship supercar for the new decade, the CS60 Coupe also was, and still is, one of the world’s greatest grand tourers. Then as now, it combines style, speed, and comfort to produce a really tempting package for wealthy enthusiasts.

By 2010, most supercars had sequential gearboxes (either single or dual-clutch), but the CS60 was an exception; it was only offered with a six-speed manual, not just to stay under $40k with a 10% markup but also to save weight and provide maximum driver involvement. The rear wing on this car is actually retractable; here, it is shown in the extended position.

Powering this beast is Harris’ first all-new V12 engine, the CVG612D, where D stands for direct injection. Its power delivery is quite smooth, but intensifies beyond 5000 rpm thanks to the wizardry of VVL. A redline of 8500 rpm will give you excuses to drive through as many tunnels as possible just to hear that wonderful exhaust note. And it develops 670 bhp at 8200 rpm, which is an enormous amount of power, even in 2010. The torque curve isn’t bad either.

On its timed run at the Airfield Track it recorded a best time of 1:16.48, but more importantly, the performance figures speak for themselves: 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds, 205 mph top speed, and a quarter-mile time of 12.06 seconds. It can even pull well over 1.2 g on the skidpad, and takes 30.24 metres to come to a complete stop from 60 mph.

At an estimated price of $39710 (including markups) this car is very competitive in most high-end performance categories, yet still falls under the $40k limit. But with so much straight-line and cornering performance, not to mention a drop-dead gorgeous body and a high-quality premium interior and satnav system (complete with high-quality advanced safety in order to meet minimum safety standards), I promise you it will all be worth it.

In fact, there are few better ways to experience the insanity only a real supercar can provide at this price point.

2 Likes

Straight from the BFMCC in to workshop for a quick refresh and here it is…

Smooth V-Block GT

5.0 V8 will not suck your wallet dry but is still able to achieve 200mph.
Quality stuff this pony muscle horse…car. Yeah.

28k$ and it’s all yours.

7 Likes

Once you got the basic badge you can start sending PMs. We got that limitation for new users because in the old forum we were flooded with spam every day.

What if I told you my car hits the 3 main descriptions :wink:

@AirJordan You took a page out of American Eagle Automotive’s muscle car paint book…

“All Muscle cars look better in a dark/burgundy red color…”

I would definitely buy the Smooth V-Block GT based on looks alone! Looks Fantastic!

1 Like

@findRED19 here in my country the patrol cars are muscle cars, and totally see @AirJordan 's as one :oncoming_police_car:

1 Like