The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

My entry works fine now, here’s proof:

Reliability is now over 70, so @KLinardo please don’t forget to update your inspections spreadsheet to reflect this.

Ok, since this seems to be a game issue, I’m willing to give a brief extension. If you failed inspection get me an updated car in my inbox pronto. I’m going to constructively accept all entries and do my first round of cuts.

If I don’t have a compliant entry by the time I’m done with my first round writing, any constructive acceptance will be revoked and the car will be in the first cut.

@abg7 @koolkei @Fayeding_Spray @TheUltimateD00M @HighOctaneLove

If I send you the car, I’m not sure the grilles and vents are going to load for you. How should we get around this?

Send me a link to the mod that’s at issue and I’ll do my best to make sure it’s updated in my game before I load your car. I don’t know what else to do. I’m open to a suggestion.

I am accepting defeat. My car was naturally under, so…

Rip my car.

It wasn’t a game error.

I haven’t had the issue yet with the DRC car’s entrants, @KLinardo I assume that you have all the steam mods even the dodgy ones? Could it be a stand alone vs steam issue? The other option is to have a third party check over the entrants and see if they have an issue or if it is just @KLinardo that has the issue.[quote=“HighOctaneLove, post:1247, topic:6447”]
As it currently stands, my car is legitimately non-compliant
[/quote]

have you tried bumping up the interior sliders and possibly dropping to 2 seats, also make the body as big as you can helped me out alot.

Since I’m taking revisions and I did an inspection so late I’ll take your revision and @HighOctaneLove anyway. Choice is yours.

@Darkshine5 if it is on steam I have it unless it’s a car reproduction.

1 Like

There’s no possible way I can get my reliablity over 65 w/o completly killing my chances, so I’m out.

Your 1970 trim didn’t have a functioning engine when I loaded it, so I used the one that worked. You didn’t follow the naming rules so I didn’t know what one to pick.

1 Like

OK alot of posts i Know. But can I just point out that ^^^^^^^ (not naming correctly) is the biggest issue when holding a challenge. I know this is off topic but perhaps we could make a sticky about how users should conduct themselves when entering challenges and having a set naming formula for all challenges. Also advising entrants on how to export and save only one trim when PMing the host

edit response @strop. Yeah we have the sticky for hosting (and its very good) but I am suggesting something that new users can easily go to for figuring out how to export correctly, name correctly, how to take photo’s with no background, how to tag steam workshop mods etc, just basic stuff that can save a lot of the same questions being asked over and over

edit again: see @strop I’m not just a pretty face… And go THE BROADHEAD
ok last edit I promise

1 Like

Here is the link to Razyx’s oval grille v2:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695125601&searchtext=

Make sure this mod works properly on your machine. I suspect it did not load properly for a while, but at least it works just fine now.

I actually wrote a stickied thread quite a while back about hosting challenges, which included a section on naming conventions. For the most part naming conventions are standardised, though some people don’t think ahead and make overly convoluted requirements. Thanks to the way the exporter works, you should only need to rename the Model these days.

@Darkshine5 Oh I see, you’re looking for guides for users. It is about high time somebody did that!

I did find it ironic that you didn’t follow the naming convention either. I almost didn’t find your car because of it. You and @findRED19 are lucky I did a count beforehand and realized I was short when I finished my inspections.

Huh. I completely forgot. Well, this is embarrassing.

:flushed:

You’re right, plus, I didn’t fix it in the file I just sent you either. My apologies. If you’d missed it that would have been nothing but my own fault.

Now you know why you’re at the bottom of the sheet :smirk:

I thought that was because I was the last to submit, but I’ve had such a busy week I can’t even remember when I submitted :joy:

Nope, I went through them in the quasi-alphabetical order the game put the cars in. The last ones were the cars I had to hunt for.

1 Like

I just had a heart attack! I quickly re-downloaded my export to check that I have named correctly. Phew! That would have been embarrassing

Too late for me though :sweat_smile: In my weak defence my hypocrisy was purely unintentional :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

so 6 cars from the 2012
11 cars from 2013
and 8 cars from varying years before 2012.

so impressively, my car is relatively somewhat old by this round standards

and since i get a full re-submission instead of a fix to my car. i made my car moar amazhing (i think)
more power, active wings, bigger brakes, AND lower price :wink: i’m expecting to be one of the finalist.

(boy am i having big expectations)