The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

@strop is now the odds-on favorite for this round… his car is just too good, like a Ford RS200 turned up to 11 and beyond. And it looks ace! :smiley:

thanks, but im so computer illiterate when it comes to making anything lol

stats wise strop biggest advantage is accel time, sportiness and fuel millage, while his other stats basically quite same as other entries. that 2.5s probably gonna cost some track time, but its turbo you could get about 0.4-0.5s faster than NA. still no worry from me

im betting on my drivability for this round, though i cant get 0-100 fast enough because no turbo

If I may ask, what’s your Airfield track time?

Howler Automotive reserves the Invisigoth name only for the maddest hypercars it builds. These are not necessarily very easy to control. When you sit into an Invisigoth, you’re supposed to know your go pedal from the stop one or you will soon be just as terrified as the innocent bystanders. But if you are worthy of the machine, it will take you places.

Quite comfy, like.

Real fast.

I’ve been caught up in BRC so I didn’t have as much time to polish it as I may have liked, especially the looks.

The engine I consider adequate.

7 Likes

Hello, Canadian Auto Salvage shop :joy:

Somebody had to do it. This time, I determined it would not be me :stuck_out_tongue:

that power spike is pretty gnarly, but you nearly double your torque in under 1000rpm and im wondering how drivable it is?

Okay, I take back what I said earlier about a field full of coffins. We just found the coffin.

1 Like

Even in a world where 20 different companies make supercars, we at Pearlite believe that there is still a niche that has not been fulfilled: the rally supercar. A supercar that combines the most bleeding-edge of technology with a go-anywhere, do-anything attitude. Introducing the Pearlite Volara Carbon.

Based on Pearlite’s popular Volara coupe, the Volara Carbon is redesigned from the ground up using all carbon fiber materials. It’s powered by a turbocharged 6.0L V12 engine producing 642hp. The power is sent to all four wheels, which come standard with advanced all-season tires. These 335/40R16 tires are designed to offer tremendous grip under any circumstances. Combined with electronic differentials, a reinforced skidtray, and offroad sway bars, the Volara is equipped with the latest technology needed to tackle the most demanding terrain.

This isn’t a car that you only take to the track or around town to show off. This isn’t a car that you have to hide in your garage for half the year. This is a car which you can drive any time, under any conditions. We WANT you to push this car to its limits in the snow, on the dirt, or anywhere else you can think of. Rallying on a gravel trail with 642 horses is something that has to be experienced personally to be described. But don’t worry; the Volara’s AWD and advanced driver aids will ensure that you stay safe while you’re having the thrill of a lifetime. If worst comes to worst, the carbon fiber construction offers top-tier protection. In fact, if you do damage your Volara, we’ll send our own expert mechanics to make it look as good as new. Everything will be covered under the warranty!

In addition to its all-weather capability, the Volara is a comfortable and efficient daily driver as well. Premium heated seats and a smartly designed SatNav infotainment system come standard. And with 24mpg combined, you’ll be able to experience the Volara’s exhilarating performance day in, day out, without breaking the bank.

The 2006 Pearlite Volara Carbon. The supercar without boundaries.

7 Likes

You’ve done what I considered doing, then backed away from! It definitely is an unfilled niche… wonder if that’s a major draw card…

Also what kind of track times do you end up getting with such good off-road rating?

1 hour left for submissions, if there are any procrastinators.

2 Likes

If you’re a sophisticated gentleman looking for a suitably classy automobile, you buy…something else. But if you’re a nouveau riche jerk whose primary hobby is slurping jello shots out of stripper cleavage, you buy a GSI Scorpion. We don’t care, we’ll take your ill-gotten $158,200. Or if you’re poor, just buy a Scorpion wall poster for $19.95. How about an overpriced baseball cap or keychain instead? We actually make more profit selling trinkets to idiots than we do selling cars. Suckers!

2 Likes

##Submissions are now closed

I will be reviewing the entries before the end of the long weekend.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!

4 Likes

GSI cuts loose on the marketing :joy:

On that note the ridiculously flat torque delivery turbo strikes again!

1 Like

The only thing I’ve done to this is renamed the car from the CSR16 to what it is. I’m not anticipating it doing too well here, as this isn’t what I typically do, but I gave it a decent try.

2 Likes

about 2:12 high before i optimized it for nurburgring. could be a lot slower since i switched from sport to premium interior.

Actually only needed to place it correctly in the first frame in Photoshop and it stays that way in the rest of the frames. What did cause chaos was trying to place the Huadai logo onto the front and back of the car. I ended up having to scrap that idea after a few attempts :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

damn photoshop skillz…

Drivability is just over thirty. To be fair, I could easily have gotten it up to forty with a barely significant loss in track times had I been so inclined.

I also figured I wouldn’t completely ignore the brief and splurged a quarter of the budget on the interior and infotainment. That money in tires (and the corresponding reduction in weight with, say, a Sport interior) would have shown in both drivability and track times.

But it is what it is. That’s why there are different trims.

Truly eye watering performance @HowlerAutomotive making feel like I’m maybe a bit under-powered with my design. You may not have had time to refine it but I’m really liking the design its very sharp and quite unique. I think it’s actually even me a few ideas for future designs.