The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

To use Darkshine’s post as an illustration, as you can see, he’s hoping to offset the reduction in awesome factor (or versatility) which will place him lower on the top bar of the nomogram, by having a car that Kai can tinker with a lot, which will hopefully mean the line intersects the overall rating at an overall higher point than if he’d made a supercar that could do everything but you couldn’t do anything more than polish it, or a crap car that could easily be used in the city every day, but was really easy to fiddle with… like his current one, which he vandalised.

And that’s why sexy cars aren’t necessarily that cheap.

@AirJordan Welcome to the mind of Kai (and his meddling buddies at GG).

2 Likes

“itty bitty little taillight:stuck_out_tongue:
also, post your gifcam problem in the thread, i may(or may not) have some clue about it.

1 Like

Anyone who couldn’t bring themselves to submit a hypercar went for Plan B: something that looks cool, can be fiddled with easily and is still relatively affordable (in terms of running costs and purchase price). Those who have not submitted should do likewise, including myself. :relaxed:

Cars built using Plan B will most likely be built under the assumption that Kai himself will pay for it, so it must not be too expensive in the short and long term. :slight_smile:

Which is not quite correct. We’ll only force Kai to pay for it if the car looks sufficiently plain enough that Kai wants to drive it but also feels that it could do with a bit more obnoxious decals and possibly also superfluous bodywork.

I made no assumptions that Kai would have to buy my car. I built a luxury car with some mild sporting credentials. Granted, my design philosophy is a little bold.

This poses a problem for me then as the kind of cars I like as a teen probably don’t match up with what Kai would want since I have a slightly strange taste in cars.

1 Like

Well, what kind of cars did you like as a teen?

My favorite cars are either utes like the Chevy El Camino, Chevy SSR, or Holden Maloo, or they’re tiny little city cars like the smart fortwo or the yamaha motiv concept.

Oh, for Znop sake… My head hurts everytime I try to put my nose into this tl:dr challenges… let’s try it anyway.

1 Like

Right. Okay. I think I’m going to have to expand my vague guide. I mean beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it’s difficult to make this challenge fair.

you know. i kinda feel like it’s a little TOO open, to the point nobody knows what they wanna do. it’s chaotic.

I LIKE IT >: D

@strop has Kai heard of the Pirelli World Challenge before?

Yes, and the cars that feature in many of the classes would be relevant to his interests. However he stays out of the US as much as he can, because as I said, he’s unfairly biased :stuck_out_tongue:

Aside from AMWEC and usual duties, Kai also participates in the Japan Super GT.

Does Kai enjoy plush materials and nice music while driving to work or he simply does not give a damn about 1st wold comfort accessories?

my other idea

1 Like

4 Likes

Holy spetznaz, what a challenge! Got what I believe is the perfect response to this, time will show :smile:

I’m fighting an uphill battle with my very American ideas. I’m thinking a Shelby Cobra or Chevy Corvette approach would be best for me. (good in turns, very easy to tinker on, relatively on the cheap side.)

1 Like

after all consideration. i think i’m going to try going german with this one.

Do semi-active dampers and active sway bars count as non-tinkerable when paired with progressive springs? What about adaptive dampers and semi-active sway bars?

1 Like