The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Well, crap, I was basically building a 3 series. And my styling skills suck. I think I’m just going to build something random at this point.

y u following me?!?!

i’m still gonna make a 3 series. and I’M GONNA MAKE IT STICK. just like i have done in the last few rounds.

3 series is slightly different from C class, as far as I’m concerned. But as I’ve hunted heavily, we’d consider a M3 well above a regular 3 series. A 1 series on the other hand…

On that note random is good.

attention: This dossier is only intended for GG eyes only, illegal distribution will result in imprisonment on Manus Island.....You have been warned.

Dear Mr Kai how does today find you, well we hope? We have heard the rumors that the big wigs over at G.G are possibly subsidizing yourself a new personal vehicle? Well in light of our previous bankruptcy and our endevour for on going good relations with our Australian manufacturing friends we may be able ti help. Now we know that G.G produces the best AWD cars in the world we know that and we choose not to compete directly against yourselves in these classes, however we have a new model that after 3 years development and is due to be unveiled to the public in April 2017 and we have 5 of them ready complete and tested.

We would like yourself to consider the “Muse” as your next play thing. We have five cars all exactly the same but with different paint colors for you to chose from. Now being that we are all about good relations with our neighbors here at Darkshine’s Designs we would like to offer you the one time offer of purchasing one of these incredible vehicles at half the normal mark-up, that’s right we are offering a $60000 discount to you sir!
Below are pictures of the five colours available

DSD Blak Magik

DSD Candy Plasma Red

DSD Candy Dark Ocean

Nissan Gun Metal Grey

Ford Phantom Purple

As you are a champion driver we could only offer you a champion car!
the mono body vehicle is complete made of carbon/kevlar which has a special DSD only polymer added to give the panels just enough flex to stop them shattering on a small impact. We here at DSD have taken the most painstakingly steps to ensure that the body work is flawless as is the paint jobs on each vehicle, however as is our tradition everything you see has a purpose and a job to do.

H.I.D xenon headlights with low/high/super high beams and high output fog lamps and ultra high output indicators to help avoid collisions not just with the Australian wildlife which is so prevalent on our roads but also the stupid old man who didn’t look when changing lanes on the M1.

Twin active rear wings provide the down force needed to keep the rear tyres from spinning out uncontrollably…You see the Muse is RWD. Not to worry though as we have tuned the car to be as sedate as we could when off the power. The body is slippery with just the right amount of F1 inspired aero fixtures we believe.

Another unique feature on the Muse is the Lamborghini style doors so as to not accidentally open them on to a parked car, again everything has a function to its form.

Inside you will find two C.A.M.S approved seats trimmed in our customary Red Stag Leather with 4 point harnesses and a comprehensive 8 point rollcage. We know you need something to listen to while on your way to work so there is FOCAL 6.1 speaker system utilizing their top of the range 3 way components and a single 8 inch sub-woofer.

Now the powerplant is a stroked ford SOHC 429 (now 557ci or 9.1L)we have gone to great lengths to ensure our block and heads are exactly as the Ford engine was when it was produced. We have benefited from modern technology and a multi throttle DI fuel system is used along side the twin 88mm Precision turbochargers and our in house designed VCT system to produce just north of 1000hp.

The engine is mated to a 6 sp manual transmission with an automatically locking differential, so it is a real drivers car. Did we mention it can still manage decent fuel economy (better than anything else v8 and Australian made) and from idle she produces 430Nm to maximum just north of 1000Nm.

The Muse from DSD is sure to re-ignite you fire.

DSD let the animal loose

The following power figure are only their for the public to see the real output is closer to 1500hp however ADR would have come down on us like a ton of bricks if we told the public what this car actually produces power wise.

Edit: can someone pm how to use the factory tabs as I have no idea this is what I have

Keep in mind that the above price is after using the factory tabs and calculating a total run of 500 vehicles. If I were not to use the factory tabs the estimated prices was closer to $175000 with a 50% mark up

@abg7 just an Idea dude cause i kinda like the commentary. have you thought of opening your own thread that is a blog of your thoughts on cars competing in the various challenges and perhaps reviewing cars in the sharing threads. It would be good to have a announcer of what is happening in the various topics of the forum.

5 Likes

@Darkshine5 is the first to submit a replacement for Mephisto. It’s not very competitive at the stated price, but competitiveness is not the key objective here; it just has to have that wow factor which Kai desperately wants, to the point that Gryphon Gear, not Kai himself, will pay for it.

As for replacing Toothless, striking a balance between tunability and awesomeness could prove to be the best strategy.

Made a daily car…20k$… fiddle with factory (there are many many bugs in there) and now my car is 96k$
WHAT?!? (edit: with not giving a fuck about how long it takes and how many cars we reject I got it down to 44k$)
Are you sure @strop that factory tabs are the way to go? Right now no matter what I do game would not let me up my production form 0 (yes it’s stuck on zero edit: after restart it’s stuck on 100). And will the time my guys need the car to be ready influent your pick? Because my trim is 2017 and even if I raise the funding eng. time is 3+ years and that makes car drastically expensive… So of course I’ll go with as low funding as possible and say that we start developing this car 10 years ago… same with quality… doesn’t really make sense until this things are sorted in-game.

Edit: and I can’t move the slider on how many cars per day I want to make.

edit2: now is the question how to get rid of all factory stuff so I can get back to estimated price?

edit3: we really lack knowledge and/or experience to fiddle with unfinished factory tabs…just saying

edit4: I have finished my car :slight_smile: or so I think right now. And I would own it.

my car was a C-Class type, but i’m now looking to create the premium sedan with hot hatch luv. stay tuned

Turns out your factory size was too small initially, which makes each car more expensive to make. You could have used a larger factory instead.

Hum. @AirJordan has pointed out a number of issues with the engineering tabs. I encountered some of those myself and just worked around them, but now that I’m working on the closed beta, I’m actually in the middle of a similar enquiry, as I’ve run into, err, funding issues. (To heavily paraphrase and possibly exaggerate, Killrob be like: Are you sure you’re picking sufficiently inexpensive and not overly limited materials? And I’m like: I downgraded my R8 to a 370Z and at your requested markup, my affordability for the supercar class is still 50%.)

That said, when they do work correctly, the factory sizes in particular really do give you a more realistic price point than, for example, the car I submitted previous round, the Empyrean Infernus. That car had an engineering time of 19 years thanks to all the tech sliders that I could pour into the car with hardly any cost. It had more engineering in it than a Veyron. And you could get one for not 2 million bucks, but 160k. Yeah. No. That’s not right.

Of course, that’s one of the reasons why I have left the budget largely open unless you submit a plain economy car or budget sports car (like, say, the GT86/BRZ.) that GG isn’t going to buy because Kai’s guaranteed to modify it cosmetically. Engineering time here in terms of delay from inception to release does not matter, what matters is the engineering time as found on the Detailed Stats page. That’s where I’m getting my numbers from.

I’ve left this round a bit longer than usual to account for the difference in approach, plus, I am open to discussing what kind of production numbers you were looking for with your car to make sure the factory tabs are correctly set.

On this note, I have updated the rules post with a third appendix to give people a style guide but also a brief comment on the kind of cars you can make and their balance between a function of livability, driving pleasure, and tinkerability, and cost. These are my guesses, and Kai’s actual player hasn’t verified them yet, so do take it with a grain of salt until otherwise specified.

I’m also a little unsure about factory tabs. Do we have to write down every engineer/manager we use and the exact location of every slider? Not to mention that it’s glitchy and I’ve lost several cars to corrupted production info in the past. I understand the point of it and I want to use it, but I’d rather wait until the devs get it fully sorted out first.

1 Like

Why not calculate the cost brc-style?

Oh god damn you’re right. The engineer names will not carry over either, and that’s really too much work!!!

In addition it would be very difficult to work from factory sizes alone, as that causes wild swings in the manufacture time and suggested price point.

:disappointed_relieved:

Very well. We’ll just have to abandon the engineering tabs, sorry. I’m going to disregard the actual price as a result, and work off the other stats. Let’s work this out and then I’ll announce what we’re doing after.

I stopped looking at BRC due to time constraints. How do you do that?

Great, now that we’re going back to estimated, it’s impossible for me to revert the exact pricing, lol. It’s a good thing we don’t have a strict budget.

body material + engine material + 25*(boy prod. + engine prod.)

I knew it… the factory tab was much too complex for me to consider using, so our estimated prices will be used during the judging process instead.

This gives us costs for making the car, but doesn’t give us anywhere close to a sale price, after including engineering etc. The proper modelling for that would be more akin to Der Bayer’s Car Tycoon Challenge that far preceded the BRC… and the problem that continues to dog this process is that we’re using sandbox meaning all models are standalone, so there’s already a massive problem there.

screw this, in your PMs just give me the car’s expected price plus the number of units produced per year. I’ll look at the engineering time in the detailed tabs separately.

1 Like

I don’t have any clue what the car’s estimated price was, so I can’t do that.

Don’t worry, your car falls in a range where the engineering tabs actually work reasonably. It’s for fancier materials and more advanced tech that the costs blow out somewhat fierce (due to lack of tech pool, at least I think).

well i’ve gotten mine ready. it’s got good mileage, perfomes like a hot hatch, and it looks like a premium sedan

Having reviewed the pictures, I’m even more confident in my car, which is actually the opposite of what I expected to happen.