The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

I’m up for it

6 Likes
CSC48 - New Frontiers

December 1967
Striscia at this time is a luxury GT brand sort of like Maserati, Rolls Royce or Bentley. They were founded in 1958 and are reaching their 10th anniversary next year. They are however teetering on the edge of bankruptcy and need something to happen that will make people take notice of their brand. In a board meeting they discuss how to go forward. Eventuallly they decide that it was best to make something crazy and wild that will make people stop and stare.

To milk even more publicity they decided to host a competition where anyone can create their vision of this new concept car and they would choose the best one which also has another positive aspect to it, it’s cheap.

The Brief:
Striscia wants a car that will turn heads, make people stop and gather around it. Basically a publicity stunt to get their brand in the spotlight. Go wild and experimental, make something that looks special. Make something that stands out over most other super/sportscars of the time.

Striscia Logo

The Striscia logo is made up of a stretched triangle with three bars on the lower half that have the Italian flag’s colours inbetween them. The top part has a black background and an S in the Engagement font put in the black space.

Engagement Font can be found here
Steam Workshop::Text Pack: Script

Inspiration

Lancia Stratos Zero

Lamborghini Miura
Ferrari 512S Modulo
Italdesign Porsche Tapiro

Autobianchi Runabout

Alfa Romeo P33 Roadster

Lamborghini Marzal

Previous Striscia Models

1966 Striscia Monte-Carlo

1959 Striscia Nobile

Requirements:

• Model and Trim can be set to anything prior to 1975 to open up for more body options. Family and Variant must be set to 1968
  • Must be a 2 Seater
    -Naming Convention:
    Model Name: CSC48-[Your username]
    Trim Name: Whatever you want
    Family Name: CSC48-[Your username]
    Variant Name: Whatever you want
    -Must be on the open beta version of the game

:star: :star: :star: Very Important

• How futuristic/experimental it is
  • Design cohesiveness, how well the different elements work with each other

:star: :star: Important

• Period correctness, it’s supposed to be the future as seen from the sixties not a car that is literally 20 years ahead of it’s time.

:star: Not very important

• How well it fits in with the Striscia design language,
  • Realism, you can go a bit outside the boundaries of what was acheivable but just make sure it’s not too far off.

Interiors are not necessary and will not be judged, feel free to put one in if you like though.

Engineering will not be judged either as the car that will be shown will not be a functioning car, do whatever you want.

Entries open on 2022-05-16T22:00:00Z and end 2022-06-11T22:00:00Z

15 Likes

“Trim year cannot be set earlier than the Model’s year”.

Family '68

Trim '75

Not the other way around.

Submissions Are Open!
Keep in mind that resubmissions will not be allowed
5 Likes

Less than a week left and no entries, should i extend the deadline?

• No deadline change
  • Change to the 5th
  • Change to the 12th

0 voters

Yeah like I tried to say, makes no sense to suggest year variance when the body unlocks at the lowest year.

1 Like

Huh? I made sure that you could access bodies from 1975 and before so that you could use the stratos and countach bodies etc which you misunderstood in the first post. I thought you would understand when Fayeding Spray explained it to you but apparently not

2 Likes

The explanation makes sense, execution does not match the explanation. But that’s fine, it could be me.

Model Year locks bodies, not trim year.

You could only use bodies from 1968 or older, no matter the trim year. If you had set both to 1975 but told everyone to design as if it was the late 60s, that would work far better.

What is said in the requirements is that both model and trim year can be set to anywhere between 1968 and 1975 to open up for more body choices

I never said that you could only set the trim year, you misunderstood

1 Like

Fair enough, I think it gets confusing to keep track of model / trim / family / variant and all that, so that’s probably where the mis-comms came from. I’ll work on a design and get back to you.

I initially misunderstood as well. You usually see Family and Model grouped together, so I automatically read it that way and Lanson likely did as well.

Naming convention? I got this thing for you:

This looks like an earlier trim of your entry from the Big Balls Run, doesn’t it? My only complaint is that the shape of the headlight clusters seems 2-3 decades too new for the design brief of this CSC round.

2 Likes

Its the basic shape, but lots of little tweaks. I actually like this design better.

The lights were from the old french car, can’t remember its name. But they had some pretty wild lighting setups in concept cars all the way back in the 50’s. Y’all remember Firebird 3? CRAZY!

Deadline has been extended. It is now the 12th of June!
2 Likes

How would you like the naming convention done?

I thought i put that in but i must have forgot, thank you for telling me! It is now under the requirements category

1 Week Left!
3 Likes